Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sense and Sensibility
This topic is about Sense and Sensibility
Book Issues > please combine

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 3: by Arenda (last edited Apr 03, 2019 03:37AM) (new) - added it

Arenda | 19908 comments Combined some editions.

Oxford Bookworms Library: Level 5:: Sense and Sensibility is an adaptation and should not be combined. (There were also two other Oxford Bookworms edition incorrectly combined with the original book, separated and combined with the other adaptations)

Sense and Sensibility / Rozwazna i romantyczna z podrecznym slownikiem angielsko-polskim B2/C1: based on the B2/C1 info in the title, I assume this is also a version that is adapted (to learn English/easier language)

Considering this edition: The Novels of Jane Austen. Sense and Sensibility. in Two Volumes. Vol. I, I've combined The Novels of Jane Austen. Sense and Sensibility, Vol. I with that one.
(There were move partial editions incorrectly combined with the complete book, separated and combined them.)

For some editions, it is hard to tell if "Volume" indicates a part of a novel or part of the complete novels/complete collection of Jane Austen and includes the whole novel.

message 4: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Custer (jennifer73) | 194 comments ty, I'm sorry I've missed some of the info, I didn't notice that some were adaptations. I will try to pay more attention. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between all of them as I was looking for editions containing all the same stories and books.

message 5: by Arenda (new) - added it

Arenda | 19908 comments Don't worry, thanks for your requests. They do help, for now, to create some order.

For some authors, it is inevitable that someone comes along and combines editions that should not be combined, even when there are notes on the books (visible for Librarians on the combine page).

message 6: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer Custer (jennifer73) | 194 comments what about this one? neither goodreads or amazon show an adaptation, but its a reading level

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 7: by Arenda (new) - added it

Arenda | 19908 comments Jennifer wrote: "what about this one? neither goodreads or amazon show an adaptation, but its a reading level"

Worldcat has an adapter listed, added to the book now.