YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > Heather's Apr-Jun 2019 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited Jul 01, 2019 06:09AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I'm going to try for Level 3: 11-15 books

I am going to try my best with this. I know there are quite a few series that I really need to finish up or need to actually start! My hope is that this challenge gives me the kick I need to get moving on them.

Category 1: Just read the series!

Read the first book in a series The Watchers by Laura Birzulis
Read the last book in a series After Ever Happy (After, #4) by Anna Todd
Read a book in a duology Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer
Read a book in a trilogy White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Read book #10 (or higher) in a series
Read book/novella #0.5 in a series
Read a short story/novella in a series
Read a book in a spinoff series
Read a companion book to a series Before (After, #5) by Anna Todd
Read a book with a collection of short stories in a series

Category 2: Finish the series!

Finish reading 1 series Finished the After Series by Anna Todd
Finish reading a 2nd series Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Finish reading a 3rd series

Category 3: Just for fun!

Read a book with 'Sun' in the title OR a sun on the cover
Read a book with flowers on the cover
Read a book with water on the cover
Read a book with pastel colors on the cover After We Collided (After, #2) by Anna Todd
Read a book with neon colors on the cover After (After, #1) by Anna Todd

Challenge Update: 8/15

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4740 comments Mod
Good luck Heather! You can do it!

message 3: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2257 comments Mod
Yay! Good luck Heather!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Thanks guys!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Read the first in a series: The Watchers by Laura Birzulis

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I have been so sloooooow at reading this past month! I only read 2 books in March!!!!

message 7: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

You got this girl! You already have one down!

message 8: by Brittany (new)

It happens Heather! And like Lili said, you already have one done this month!

message 9: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1903 comments Mod
I was much the same Heather. I only read 3 books in March. I've already surpassed that this month.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Thanks guys! I am trying to get back in the swing of things!!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Finished After by Anna Todd

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Finished After We Collided (After, #2) by Anna Todd

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Finished the following:
After We Fell (After, #3) by Anna Todd After Ever Happy (After, #4) by Anna Todd Before (After, #5) by Anna Todd

Finished the After Series

message 14: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Good going Heather :)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Good going Heather :)"

Thanks Kay!!!

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Wow you flew through those!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Wow you flew through those!"

I was so infatuated with this series that all I did last week...literally...was read. I could not stop and was absolutely obsessed!

Take this as a warning to anyone that starts...be prepared to just keep on reading all the way through!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Finished Letters to the Lost (Letters to the Lost, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer , I am hoping it's just a Duology because that is what I categorized it as:)

message 19: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Did you like Letters to the Lost? I loved that one. I think it can be classed as a duology. Book 2 is about Rev 😍

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I adored it and thought it was so sweet and very deep!

message 21: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

It is. Book 2 is even better. It's my favourite

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "It is. Book 2 is even better. It's my favourite"

really? I will have to check that one out too!

message 23: by Lin (new)

Lin (bookishly_yours) | 13 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Did you like Letters to the Lost? I loved that one. I think it can be classed as a duology. Book 2 is about Rev 😍"

LOVED Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer! I liked Rev's book, More Than We Can Tell but the Letters to The Lost has a special place in my heart! The funny thing is I didn't know they were related, as I took a break between the Letters To The Lost and More Than We Can Tell. It is only when Juliet and Declan are mentioned then I got it. Although, Rev is not a common name in books. I'm so happy that Rev got his own story though!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Lin wrote: "Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Did you like Letters to the Lost? I loved that one. I think it can be classed as a duology. Book 2 is about Rev 😍"

LOVED Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer! I liked ..."

I keep hearing how much everyone loved Rev's story. I will def have to check it out!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I actually just re-read the whole Lux series. I am finishing up Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout this week.

I have read:

Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Onyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Opal (Lux, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Origin (Lux, #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Not sure if they fit in any category & since they were a re-read.

message 26: by Brittany (new)

Nicely done Heather! I have still only read the first book of that series....

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Nicely done Heather! I have still only read the first book of that series...."
It is one of my favorites!!

message 28: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

heather - NightlyReading wrote: "I actually just re-read the whole Lux series. I am finishing up Opposition (Lux, #5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout this week.

I have read:

Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. ArmentroutOnyx (Lux, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout[bookcover:Opal|13362..."

Re-reads are okay! Great job Heather! (I still need to read that series 🙈)

message 29: by Brittany (new)

Heather! I am finally reading Onyx for the first time!! Only 7 years after reading book 1....

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Heather! I am finally reading Onyx for the first time!! Only 7 years after reading book 1...."

Sorry Brittany! I am just reading this....

AND...what did you think??? I adore that series (but I love Jennifer Armentrout's writing)

message 31: by heather - NightlyReading (last edited Jun 26, 2019 08:06AM) (new)

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Read: The Virtue of Sin by Shannon Schuren White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Ack...Virtue of Sin does not fit into any category. It's a stand alone:(

Not sure if I will get any more done before the end of this month. I am so far behind in my reading.

message 32: by Brittany (new)

I actually really enjoyed it. Problem is the library only has book 2 on ebook. Which is crazy. So it could be a very long time before I get to book 3 :(

Thats alright, theres still half a year to catch up! Or not catch up and enjoy other parts of life. Things happen

message 33: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Don't worry Heather, I'm right there with you. I'm only just starting to catch up lol. And like Brittany said, things happen.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments I only got 8 done for this challenge. O well, here is hoping next month will be better:)

message 35: by Brittany (new)

Its all good Heather, you'll get it next time