Start by marking “White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)” as Want to Read:
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  30,132 Ratings  ·  3,769 Reviews
There is an alternate cover edition for this ASIN here.

One kiss could be the last.

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses.

Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity saf
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen

To ask other readers questions about White Hot Kiss, please sign up.

Suzie Zahn Savannah,

The Dark Elements series by Jennifer Armentrout is totally worth your time!

But be forewarned my dear... IT'S DELICIOUSLY ADDICTIVE! (lol)
Murshida Rahman Yes!!! This book is full of humor and challenges that you'll love along with the characters..Keeps you on your seat from beginning till the end. This…moreYes!!! This book is full of humor and challenges that you'll love along with the characters..Keeps you on your seat from beginning till the end. This is one my favorite trilogy of all time and I'm grateful to my friend Amber, who recommended me this book.(less)

Khanh (the meanie)
"Not everyone is created equal.”
I pursed my lips. “I don’t think I’m special.”
Roth looked at me again. “But you are. You’re a half demon that is also half Warden."
This is standard Armentrout. Fans of her books will love it, people who wants something a little less...formulaic, like me, will be disappointed. I keep reading her books, hoping that something will change for the better. So far, nothing had.

This book is about gargoyles and demons. But don't get the wrong impression. It's less this:

A
Emily May
Feb 07, 2014 Emily May rated it did not like it
Shelves: pnr, young-adult, dnf, 2014
I. Could. Not. Finish. This.
I tried. And then I tried some more. But nope, not happening.

You know what? Perfection really is boring. Perfection is meaningless, unrealistic and so fucking boring.

Armentrout tries to create perfection. A perfectly all-good, virginal, amazing, everyone-wants-to-bone-me, kickass heroine who faultlessly exists at the centre of the universe, while beautiful, perfectly-sculpted, hot boys just orbit around her constantly. It's boring. And you know what else perfection i
shady
Nov 15, 2014 shady marked it as bye-felicia
You know what I've figured out? Jennifer L. Armentrout is a panderer. Meaning, she always writes the same formulaic stuff and always has to have extremely hot, six-foot-something bad boys that are there to solely make the main character's--and the young teen female reader's--panties melt.

What do I have to say to that? Well, first of all,

Secondly, here are a few examples of her not-even-a-little-bit-subtle pattern:

Taken from the blurb of Wait for You:

"Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inche
Lucia
My Roth, Layla and Zayne:

Layla is half-demon, half-Warden. But brought up by Wardens, daily fighting her demon urges, she hates everything demon-connected. But what happens when her perception of demons is ruined forever?

I am not sure what happened here. I love JLA and all her previous paranormal stories. But this one did not live up to my expectations.

So what was my biggest problem with this book? It wasn't the love triangle or the fact that heroine was perfect example of damsel in distress. N
Wendy Higgins
This is one of those kinds of books that just fit me and my mood perfectly at the right moment. I loved every single thing about it. I think this series is going to rival Lux for me. I can't wait for everyone to read it!!
Jess
What?! More JLA?

God Jennifer you are a writing machine!!

Can't frigging wait, this will be an awesome Christmas present.

I can wait...I'm pretty sure I can wait until December.....

Jessy MelodyofBooks
Meine Rezension dazu: https://youtu.be/ZfLNQrKVWH0
Pearl Angeli
"You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face."

"My face?"

"It's in need of my kisses."

Who would've thought that demons are kind of hot? *sigh*

If there's one thing that makes this book beautiful and interesting. It's Roth. Roth. And ROTH.

White Hot Kiss is all kinds of awesomesauce. I love the concept Ms. Jennifer L. Armentrout put life into this book. The existence of demons and Wardens (Gargoyles who protect mankind from demons) is a thing that very much catch
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
It feels so good re-reading this trilogy.

Review to come in a few hours.
Patrycja

Release Date: February 24, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

White Hot Kiss is another YA paranormal romance by Jennifer L Armentrout and as every previous book by this author, this novel doesn’t let go even for a single minute. It’s one of those keeping you on the edge till the last page stories that will make you laugh, feel sad and angry as well as introduce you to amazin
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Wow this book was really good! I loved everything about it, the plot was addicting and full of surprises!I loved the world Jennifer created. Jennifer creates a world filled with gargoyles who are called the "Wardens" and they are against the demons who have escaped Hell. It's unique the storyline, I haven't read something like this before!

Layla isn't so ordinary... because she is half gargoyle and half demon..

description

Layla has been living so many years with the Warden's. Her unique abilities help them
Ash Reads
Aug 21, 2014 Ash Reads rated it it was amazing
first read: March 16-17, 2015.
first reread: July 25-27, 2015
second reread: March 20-22, 2016

JULY 2015: These books are just so fun. I loved it still, maybe not AS much as I did the first time I read this 4 months ago, BUT it wasn't enough to affect the 5 star rating.
“The newcomer stood well over six feet, as tall as any Warden. His hair was dark, the color of obsidian, and it reflected blue in the dim light. Lazy locks slipped over his forehead and curled just below his ears. Brows arched over
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
This is my first Armentrout book and I know that it won't be my last. I definitely liked it and was pleasantly surprised. I had been reading many reviews on it and wasn't sure if I would want another love triangle.

Plot Summary

Layla I-don't-know-her-last-name has just turned seventeen. She's like your average teenage girl. She tags demons, works with a group of demon hunters, so of course has to like a demon. So, no, she's not normal but she really wants to be. She is half-gargoyle/Warden and h
Jennifer Kyle
Aug 14, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

On vacation- review to come!
Amber Robertson
White Hot Kiss is the first in its series and a book I've started numerous times and out down. I decided this time I would triumph though and finish it. To my utter surprise I did. I kind of wish I hadn't, it wasn't the greatest book out (but I'll finish the series) and it had a series of issues I found. Most around the characters, both side and main, the dialogue, the love triangle, and the under developed world.

Characters

Layla was our sweet and innocent character. Almost every action of every
Annaiss
Can I have it now, pleeease?!

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
White Hot Kiss is book one in The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. First I want to say that I have not read very many gargoyle books so I didn’t know what to expect going into this. But lets be realistic here. This book was written by Jennifer Armentrout. So I knew it was going to be epic. And I was NOT disappointed.

In this world we have wardens that are gargoyles that look like humans except while they sleep or when they choose to shed their human skin as in during a fight. The w
Andreia
More Books from Jennifer??

More Sexy Boys

But then...

...we have to wait till 2014

Maria Clara
Nov 21, 2016 Maria Clara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La verdad es que me ha gustado. Puede que no sea una gran historia, pero sí que engancha desde el momento cero. Creo que el mundo de gárgolas y demonios que ha creado la autora es bastante original, y me ha encantado el punto de humor con el zombie....
Katerina Kondrenko
6 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

WOW: Astaroth
POV: 1st-person, female
Love-Geometry: medium

Quote-Core:
“People with the purest souls are capable of the g
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

Five *demons* stars!!

This is book one of the The Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout, and oh my God! Jen never failed me, or dissappointed me. I love this book, and every charater, and just EVERYTHING!!

▨▨▨▨▨▨▨▨

The story: In this book, we follow a girl called Layla. She's half Warren, half demon, and she hates this fact so much. She lives with her fellow Warrens, and her life is fine until she meets Roth.

Roth is badass, hottie, and a demon! Layla hates his guts, but she can't handle hi
Twizzie
Jun 02, 2013 Twizzie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Another Jennifer L. Armentrout book? Yes!

I mean. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT! I almost fell out of my chair, seeing this. I love Jenn. She is my favorite author of all time and will always be my favorite author.

The title though... seems awesome. ANd to express it's awesomeness, i'm going to put a lot of Gerard Butler GIFs because he equals the awesomeness of Jennifer and he is pretty awesome.

Go Jennifer. Go Jennifer. Go Jennifer.
Patricia Bejarano
Oct 06, 2016 Patricia Bejarano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer L. Armentrout nunca me decepciona. Puede que esta historia no haya sido mi favorita de la autora, pero lo mismo me pasó con Obsidian y al final la saga Lux se ha convertido en mi segunda saga favorita. Sé que con el potencial de Jennifer, va a darnos una segunda parte increíble.
Lo que me gusta de este tipo de historia es que nos mete una trama de romance que nos encanta (que por cierto, me ha gustado muchísimo como lo ha llevado en esta novela), pero que no es en lo único que se centra
kris
Jun 03, 2013 kris marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my freaking god!!
This woman is a writing machine!!
I cannot wait for this one :-D
Mar 04, 2013 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Why does every book have to have a love triangle!!! :-(

the trust of a boy she’s loved forever

^^^Team this guy!

Cody
Dec 29, 2014 Cody rated it it was amazing
I COULD READ THIS A THOUSAND TIMES AND STILL LOVE IT!

This was my first book by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I think it will forever be a favourite of mine. Don’t get me wrong every book or series she releases I become obsessed with to the point were they get 5 stars because I haven’t moved off my ass for hours because I can’t bear to part from the book and compare every other book boyfriend on the planet to her gorgeous characters… This isn’t sad at all!

So when it came to reading White Hot Kiss ag
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I would've rated this book more like a 3.8-3.9 but I upped my rating because why not. I loved the characters in this book and they're chemistry with each other, it was fascinating! The foreshadowing was all over the place and kept me on the edge of my seat at all times and it was exhilarating. The world building was a little bit rough in the beginni
Giselle
Nov 07, 2013 Giselle rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, own
Gargoyles, demons, and zombies, oh my!

I'm not sure what I expected from this novel with a blurb that screamed love-triangle, involving a paranormal creature I have not had the best of luck with in the past. Fortunately, I found myself enjoying this one quite a bit. As expected - knowing this author's style - romance has a large presence in this story, and it does not lack any chemistry. Again, Armentrout has created characters who make your heart beat faster just by being on the same page toget
Amanda Minnock
Nov 10, 2015 Amanda Minnock rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2016
What just happened?! Oh for sake of the demons someone shake me!! Another amazing read from Armentrout that I could not put down, seriously I read it in one sitting unable to even eat my dinner properly because I couldn’t put it down. Now I’m sitting at 12:30 am writing a review after bawling my eyes out as I could not believe what I was reading.

I knew I was going to love this because I adored Bitter Sweet Love, I actually love anything Jennifer Armentrout writes, to be honest. I love the way sh
Roth or Zayne? 104 564 Jun 03, 2016 05:27PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting May 10th 2016 92 169 May 27, 2016 03:39PM
HOT BOYS 8 40 Feb 24, 2016 02:34PM
Any zayne lovers 6 38 Feb 24, 2016 02:32PM
genre 3 15 Dec 26, 2015 01:30PM
Reads With Friends: Wed. 3/25 | 111-170 (Ch. 8-11) 5 8 Mar 25, 2015 09:02PM
Reads With Friends: Mon. 3/23 | 1-57 (Ch. 1-3) 13 12 Mar 24, 2015 05:34PM
  • Sweet Reckoning (Sweet, #3)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Touching Fire (Touch, #2)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

The Dark Elements (3 books)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)

“I lost myself the moment I found you.” 458 likes
“You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face."
"My face?"
"It's in need of my kisses.”
271 likes