Start by marking “White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)” as Want to Read:
White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1)

White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  20,779 ratings  ·  2,743 reviews
One kiss could be the last.

Seventeen-year-old Layla just wants to be normal. But with a kiss that kills anything with a soul, she's anything but normal. Half demon, half gargoyle, Layla has abilities no one else possesses.

Raised among the Wardens—a race of gargoyles tasked with hunting demons and keeping humanity safe—Layla tries to fit in, but that means hiding her own
Published February 25th 2014 by Harlequin Teen (first published February 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about White Hot Kiss, please sign up.

Kaylee Conrod If you liked the Lux series I'm sure you'll love this one. I wasn't too sure about going into this at the beginning either, gargoyles? Like those ones…moreIf you liked the Lux series I'm sure you'll love this one. I wasn't too sure about going into this at the beginning either, gargoyles? Like those ones sitting on roof tops? Nope. N o p e. These gargoyles are really well built characters, all the characters in this series are. You can see how Layla, the main character, develops in the story and over all I think that anyone who likes the Lux series would love this series.

I think this book is definitely worth your time, just give it a shot and if you don't like it you don't like it :)

PS. Swoon worthy guy characters, if you liked Daemon you'll like these guys ;)(less)
Naruto4Hokage(Jessica) Yes. It's very fun and fast-paced. I personally sped through it, and lots of my friends read it in one or two days.
I'd be wary if you're a younger…more
I'd be wary if you're a younger reader though, because some of the scenes are very 'new adult'.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
82nd out of 2,661 books — 15,916 voters
The "Can't Wait" Books of 2014
59th out of 1,977 books — 5,356 voters

More lists with this book...

Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
"Not everyone is created equal.”
I pursed my lips. “I don’t think I’m special.”
Roth looked at me again. “But you are. You’re a half demon that is also half Warden."
This is standard Armentrout. Fans of her books will love it, people who wants something a little less...formulaic, like me, will be disappointed. I keep reading her books, hoping that something will change for the better. So far, nothing had.

This book is about gargoyles and demons. But don't get the wrong impression. It's less this:

Emily May
I. Could. Not. Finish. This.
I tried. And then I tried some more. But nope, not happening.

You know what? Perfection really is boring. Perfection is meaningless, unrealistic and so fucking boring.

Armentrout tries to create perfection. A perfectly all-good, virginal, amazing, everyone-wants-to-bone-me, kickass heroine who faultlessly exists at the centre of the universe, while beautiful, perfectly-sculpted, hot boys just orbit around her constantly. It's boring. And you know what else perfection i
sunset shimmer
Aug 08, 2015 sunset shimmer marked it as bye-felicia
You know what I've figured out? Jennifer L. Armentrout is a panderer. Meaning, she always writes the same formulaic stuff and always has to have extremely hot, six-foot-something bad boys that are there to solely make the main character's--and the young teen female reader's--panties melt.

What do I have to say to that? Well, first of all,

Secondly, here are a few examples of her not-even-a-little-bit-subtle pattern:

Taken from the blurb of Wait for You:

"Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inche
My Roth, Layla and Zayne:

Layla is half-demon, half-Warden. But brought up by Wardens, daily fighting her demon urges, she hates everything demon-connected. But what happens when her perception of demons is ruined forever?

I am not sure what happened here. I love JLA and all her previous paranormal stories. But this one did not live up to my expectations.

So what was my biggest problem with this book? It wasn't the love triangle or the fact that heroine was perfect example of damsel in distress. N
Wendy Higgins
This is one of those kinds of books that just fit me and my mood perfectly at the right moment. I loved every single thing about it. I think this series is going to rival Lux for me. I can't wait for everyone to read it!!
Steph Sinclair
Romance and gargoyles! Woo-hoo!

photo photo_zps5c35df97.gif
What?! More JLA?

God Jennifer you are a writing machine!!

Can't frigging wait, this will be an awesome Christmas present.

I can wait...I'm pretty sure I can wait until December.....

Title: White Hot Kiss
Series: Dark Elements #1
Author: Jennifer L Armentrout
Release Date: February 24, 2014
Rating: 4 stars
Cliffhanger:. Yes
HEA: (view spoiler)

White Hot Kiss is another YA paranormal romance by Jennifer L Armentrout and as every previous book by this author, this novel doesn’t let go even for a single minute. It’s one of those keeping you on the edge till the last page stories that will make you laugh, feel sad and angry as well as introduce you to amazin
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
Wow this book was really good! I loved everything about it, the plot was addicting and full of surprises!I loved the world Jennifer created. Jennifer creates a world filled with gargoyles who are called the "Wardens" and they are against the demons who have escaped Hell. It's unique the storyline, I haven't read something like this before!

Layla isn't so ordinary... because she is half gargoyle and half demon..

Layla has been living so many years with the Warden's. Her unique abilities help them
Pearl Angeli
"You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face."

"My face?"

"It's in need of my kisses."

Who would've thought that demons are kind of hot? *sigh*

If there's one thing that makes this book beautiful and interesting. It's Roth. Roth. And ROTH.

White Hot Kiss is all kinds of awesomesauce. I love the concept Ms. Jennifer L. Armentrout put life into this book. The existence of demons and Wardens (Gargoyles who protect mankind from demons) is a thing that very much catch
ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ŞŧŎŋė
This is my first Armentrout book and I know that it won't be my last. I definitely liked it and was pleasantly surprised. I had been reading many reviews on it and wasn't sure if I would want another love triangle.

Plot Summary

Layla I-don't-know-her-last-name has just turned seventeen. She's like your average teenage girl. She tags demons, works with a group of demon hunters, so of course has to like a demon. So, no, she's not normal but she really wants to be. She is half-gargoyle/Warden and h
Jennifer Kyle
4.5 Stars

On vacation- review to come!
Mar 02, 2013 Andreia marked it as wishlist
More Books from Jennifer??

More Sexy Boys

But then...

...we have to wait till 2014

Can I have it now, pleeease?!

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
White Hot Kiss is book one in The Dark Elements series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. First I want to say that I have not read very many gargoyle books so I didn’t know what to expect going into this. But lets be realistic here. This book was written by Jennifer Armentrout. So I knew it was going to be epic. And I was NOT disappointed.

In this world we have wardens that are gargoyles that look like humans except while they sleep or when they choose to shed their human skin as in during a fight. The w
Jun 02, 2013 Twizzie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Another Jennifer L. Armentrout book? Yes!

I mean. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT'S ABOUT! I almost fell out of my chair, seeing this. I love Jenn. She is my favorite author of all time and will always be my favorite author.

The title though... seems awesome. ANd to express it's awesomeness, i'm going to put a lot of Gerard Butler GIFs because he equals the awesomeness of Jennifer and he is pretty awesome.

Go Jennifer. Go Jennifer. Go Jennifer.
Jun 03, 2013 kristina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Oh my freaking god!!
This woman is a writing machine!!
I cannot wait for this one :-D
Mar 04, 2013 Jennifer marked it as to-read
Why does every book have to have a love triangle!!! :-(

the trust of a boy she’s loved forever

^^^Team this guy!

Ash Reads
JULY 2015: These books are just so fun. I loved it still, maybe not AS much as I did the first time I read this 4 months ago, BUT it wasn't enough to affect the 5 star rating.
“The newcomer stood well over six feet, as tall as any Warden. His hair was dark, the color of obsidian, and it reflected blue in the dim light. Lazy locks slipped over his forehead and curled just below his ears. Brows arched over golden eyes and his cheekbones were broad and high. He was attractive. Very attractive. Min
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

Five *demons* stars!!

This is book one of the The Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout, and oh my God! Jen never failed me, or dissappointed me. I love this book, and every charater, and just EVERYTHING!!

The story: In this book, we follow a girl called Layla. She's half Warren, and half demon which he hates so much. She lives with her fellow Warrens, and her life is fine until she meets Roth.

Roth is a badass, hottie, and a demon! Layla hates his guts, but she can't handle him, and her m
Grace (LovingDemBooks)
Buy this book on AMAZON
or buy this book on BookDepository with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

4 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). I would've rated this book more like a 3.8-3.9 but I upped my rating because why not. I loved the characters in this book and they're chemistry with each other, it was fascinating! The foreshadowing was all over the place and kept me on the edge of my seat at all times and it was exhilarating. The world building was a little bit rough in the beginni

This was my first book by Jennifer L. Armentrout and I think it will forever be a favourite of mine. Don’t get me wrong every book or series she releases I become obsessed with to the point were they get 5 stars because I haven’t moved off my ass for hours because I can’t bear to part from the book and compare every other book boyfriend on the planet to her gorgeous characters… This isn’t sad at all!

So when it came to reading White Hot Kiss ag
Gargoyles, demons, and zombies, oh my!

I'm not sure what I expected from this novel with a blurb that screamed love-triangle, involving a paranormal creature I have not had the best of luck with in the past. Fortunately, I found myself enjoying this one quite a bit. As expected - knowing this author's style - romance has a large presence in this story, and it does not lack any chemistry. Again, Armentrout has created characters who make your heart beat faster just by being on the same page toget
Oh my god. Seriously, I have no words.

You know those books where you start out liking it well enough but then it hits a point and you absolutely CANNOT put the book down?!

I loved the storyline, absolutely loved it. The whole premise was incredible and I loved her concept of Demons and Wardens. It just made for such good world building and such an intricate premise.

Then there were the characters. I absolutely adored the characters. And I mean... Roth. Ugh I love Roth so damn much. And Bambi!

Jana (The Book Goddess)
Zayne can go away please.

Review coming soon.
The Bodacious Book Babe
I also did a review video of this on my booktube channel.

This was my first time ever reading a Jennifer L. Armentrout book, but I’d heard a lot about her and her steamy smooching scenes and hunky men. Since I was in the mood for some romance and swoony guys, I was definitely excited to finally get my hands on this book.

Upon finding it waiting for me at the library, my first thought was all about how ridiculous the cover looked. That cover is the kind that will get you relentlessly teased. So whe
Oct 27, 2014 Nafiza marked it as lost-interest-in
I just want to point out:

...half gargoyle teenage girl risks the wrath of her adoptive clan and the trust of a boy she’s loved forever...

Since when is forever 15, 16, 17 years?
Melissa Martin

I thought this book was awesome! I loved the characters. Layla is so cool and she used a lot of phrases that I use in the real world. :) She did a few stupid things in the book and only one led to some distressing moments, but I felt after it was done, it was all for the better. It's so hard to talk about this without spoilers!

So Layla is half demon and half warden (gargoyle) but she doesn't have any powers or does she? She lives with the Wardens that keep de
Pilar ☽
“People with the purest souls are capable of the greatest evils. No one is perfect, no matter what they are or what side they fight for.”

Aaaaaand Jennifer did it again! I'm impressed.

This book was amazing, I absolutely loved everything about it. The word Mrs. Armentrout created was fascinating and addictive, and the characters? I have no words... Team Roth over here! That sexy, badass demon totally won me over.
“You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face.
JLA, you can't just end this book THAT way and expect me to be able to keep it together until October. Just, no.

"Take whatever time you need. I'm here with you." --- Zayne

"I lost myself the moment I found you." --- Roth

Just when I thought a part of me died when JLA's Covenant Series ended (and with the Lux series ending soon as well), here she is blowing my mind with a new story that almost made me forget two of the most amazing book boyfriends there are: Aiden St. Delphi and Daemon Blac
YA Buddy Readers'...: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Restarting October 21st 2015 69 130 Sep 29, 2015 02:12AM
Roth or Zayne? 102 437 Aug 20, 2015 09:48AM
Any zayne lovers 5 27 Jul 16, 2015 12:11PM
Reads With Friends: Wed. 3/25 | 111-170 (Ch. 8-11) 5 7 Mar 25, 2015 09:02PM
Reads With Friends: Mon. 3/23 | 1-57 (Ch. 1-3) 13 11 Mar 24, 2015 05:34PM
HOT BOYS 7 24 Jan 01, 2015 12:43PM
Jenn 3 30 Jan 01, 2015 12:28PM
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Ruined (The Eternal Balance, #1)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Stir Me Up
  • Angelbound (Angelbound #1)
  • Killer Frost (Mythos Academy, #6)
  • Burn (Dark in You #1)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • Sacrifice (Elemental, #5)
  • Everlasting (Night Watchmen, #1)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)

To email me, please use the below addy.

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...

The Dark Elements (3 books)
  • Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2)
  • Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3)
Obsidian (Lux, #1) Onyx (Lux, #2) Opal (Lux, #3) Origin (Lux, #4) Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

“I lost myself the moment I found you.” 342 likes
“You need something," he said, and when I stared at him, he added, "Your face."
"My face?"
"It's in need of my kisses.”