Reading List Completists discussion

Let the Right One In
This topic is about Let the Right One In
Let The Right One In > Let the Right One In - General Discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Matthew (funkygman007) | 1751 comments Mod
This is a general discussion thread for our April - June 2019 Big Read. I will post some more specific discussion threads later.

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 41 comments Got my hands on a copy :) Happy reading!

Glenda | 61 comments I'm about 130 pages in....wow....really like it so far!!

message 4: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

It has been a little slow going for me so far - not because I don't like it, but so many other reading obligations are getting in the way!

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 41 comments I am finishing up my last book and will be hopping into this one. I am looking forward to it :) The first little snipped / forward has me intrigued. I hope you all are liking it :)

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 41 comments So far I am really liking this book. It is very different from what I usually read and I welcome that. The mix of characters and settings make it easily engaging and interesting. The elements of horror are just right (so far) as it all comes together to create this haunting atmospheric and unapologetic story.
Can't wait to see where this goes and I am definitely interested in reading more by this author.

message 7: by Matthew, Assistant List Master (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scarlett wrote: "So far I am really liking this book. It is very different from what I usually read and I welcome that. The mix of characters and settings make it easily engaging and interesting. The elements of ho..."

Very cool, Scarlett! I am enjoying the book as well. It definitely has the same feel as some other Swedish books I have read.

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 41 comments Eek...the scene with the cats!

Glenda | 61 comments I loved this book and I'm glad to see you all are enjoying it as well. It was a strong 4.5 stars for me.

Matthew, I agree with the feel of the story. There's something about the Scandinavian authors I've read, they seem to be able to show the darkest parts of the human soul without being in-your-face about it, which usually leads to a creepier, more satisfying story (in my opinion ;) ).

Scarlett Readz and Runz....Through Novel Time & Distance | 41 comments I haven't picked up a novel by a Scandinavian author in a long time (about 20 years or so), but this brings back all the same eerie feels and that unapologetic atmosphere part crime, suspense and horror as I have read others before. Let Me In has the perfect measure of creepiness for me and I am eating it up!!!