PenPal Readers discussion

Mod Corner > Welcome New Members - Drop in and Say Hello!

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 07, 2019 06:08AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‹
Welcome to our 72 newest members who've joined us in the first quarter of 2019:

Alexandre, Amanda, Amy, Andrea, Avalonia Night, Bethany, Bre, Bree (jasperandspice), Brittany, Brittany, Cady, Casey, Catherine, Christina, Claire, Colleen, Crystal(theleisurelibrary), Daisy, Deanna, Debora, Diana, Elfrida, Elisa, Elke, Emily, Felicia, Fiona, Forever Reading, Holly, Jaime, Janey-Ann, JAred, Jeanie, Jennifer, Jessella, John Rey, Joy, Kathryn, Keeley, Kelly, Kitty, Kristy, Lacy, Laura, Leighann, Manda, Marina, Melissa Dog/Wolf Lover, Mostafa, Nancy, Nate, Nisha, Nurul, Peregrine, Preslava, Priya, Rauros, Rebecca, Renee, Sanne, Shadoshard, Shirley, Sophie, Susan, Tanya, Taylor, Thomas, Timea, Toz, Tristan Claypool, Victoria, Wrecked.Cookie

We're so happy you've joined us, and we can't wait to get to know you! Please drop-in and say hello in this thread. Let us know where you are from, and what you've been reading!

message 2: by Kayleigh (new)

Kayleigh Wertz | 1 comments Hello everyone! Just joined the group today. Looking forward to meeting everyone and gaining book suggestions and friends!
My name is Kayleigh, currently in Nevada, but moving to Georgia soon. I am currently reading the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas.

message 3: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Kayleigh wrote: "Hello everyone! Just joined the group today. Looking forward to meeting everyone and gaining book suggestions and friends!
My name is Kayleigh, currently in Nevada, but moving to Georgia soon. I a..."

Hi Kayleigh! So glad you joined us! I hope you enjoy Georgia.. mmm peaches in the summer!

Sarah J Maas' books are so compelling - enjoy!!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey all!

message 5: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Hi, I'm Mel. I'm a British woman in my late twenties. Big Tolkien fan. Owned by a tortoiseshell cat called Kissy.

A_ bookbound _soul (a_bookbound_soul) | 8 comments Hello everyone! I'm Grace. I'm a huge Potterhead. Looking forward to meet bookworms dragons with similar/ non-similar tastes.

message 7: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Grace :) wrote: "Hello everyone! I'm Grace. I'm a huge Potterhead. Looking forward to meet bookworms dragons with similar/ non-similar tastes."

Hi GRACE!!! You will find lots of fellow Potterheads in this group!
Check out this thread for a Harry Potter themed challenge currently running through the end of June:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by GaryT1965 (new)

GaryT1965 Hi everyone, I'm Gary.

I live in Glendale Queens, New York.

I'm a big fan of very funny children's books. :-)

Farty Marty - A Heartwarming Tale of Farts and Friendship (Justin Johnson Short Story Series 7) by Justin Johnson The Adventures of Reginald Stinkbottom (Funny Picture Books for 3-7 Year Olds) by Sophia J. Ferguson The Day My Fart Followed Me To the Dentist by Ben Jackson

Here's my email address: garrisontuerack@gmail.com

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina-dee) | 2 comments Hey guys! How're you doing?
So weird to see my name at the top of the page - but in a good way?
You guys all seem so welcoming, and that's great (!) but I don't really know where to start? (I've never participated in any GR groups before)
So, yeah, hi, I'm Marina, I'm from France, and I'm generally a huge fan of anything Fantasy
Looking forward to make new bookish friends!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey

message 11: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jun 06, 2019 10:41AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments GaryT1965 wrote: "Hi everyone, I'm Gary. I live in Glendale Queens, New York. I'm a big fan of very funny children's books. :-)

Hi Gary!

Welcome!

Funny children's books are the BEST! My son LOVED
Walter the Farting Dog books. He had a stuffed animal Walter that made fart noises when you squeezed him, which had him in hysterics throughout the stories!

message 12: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jun 06, 2019 10:46AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Marina wrote: "Hey guys! How're you doing?
You guys all seem so welcoming, and that's great (!) but I don't really know where to start? (I've ..."

Hi Marina! Welcome! We are totally honored that your first Goodreads group is PenPal Readers ❣

That's awesome that you are in France! We should definitely feature France one month - mmmm french food and wine and romance stories set in Paris!!! πŸ’–

There's lots of us who enjoy Fantasy books here in the group! I recently read the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo and it was awesome - 5 stars for me!

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Hello there! My name is Maggie, and I'm from Ontario. I work as a librarian, and have two young daughters. My whole family consists of big readers, so I am looking forward to hearing about what you all recommend. :) Currently, I am making my way through the "Eve Duncan" series by Iris Johansen.

message 14: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jun 08, 2019 01:08PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Maggie wrote: "Hello there! My name is Maggie, and I'm from Ontario. I work as a librarian, and have two young daughters. My whole family consists of big readers, so I am looking forward to hearing about what you..."

Hi Maggie! Welcome! Of course I love that you're from Muskoka, Ontario :) I was born in Toronto.. we spent summers up on Georgian Bay between Owen Sound and Wiarton. I visited Muskoka a number of times!

That's awesome that you're a librarian, so of course WE will look forward to hearing about books that YOU recommend too! HA!

I just read a really awesome YA #ownvoices urban fantasy speculative fiction series (2 books written so far), by a native american author Rebecca Roanhorse The story has INDIAN LEGENDS * GODS, MONSTERS & MAGIC * HUMANS w/ CLAN POWERS and an environmental dystopian setting.

The books are: Trail of Lightning & Storm of Locusts

message 15: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina-dee) | 2 comments Anne ✨ wrote: "Marina wrote: "Hey guys! How're you doing?
You guys all seem so welcoming, and that's great (!) but I don't really know where t..."

Thanks!!! (*^β–½^*)

Ironically enough, it's been a while since I've read a book set in Paris, even if I live there... so it'd be the perfect occasion to find new books! I do love this city with all my heart!

Six of Crows is actually one of my favourite series of all time and I'm hopefully (fingers crossed) rereading it sometimes before the end of the summer. I'm so glad you loved it too! I think the characters totally make it stand out from other series.

message 16: by Dominique (new)

Dominique (flowerwort) | 2 comments Hi everyone! I'm new to Goodreads, and I joined because the idea of having a pen pal sounds really fun! I'm rather averse to giving out my information over the Internet, but I enjoy reading very very very much. I'm currently reading The Yiddish Policeman's Union by Michael Chabon. Nice to meet you all!

message 17: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Hi Grasshopper! We're really glad you found Goodreads and PenPal Readers :) Lots of members here who love reading and penpal'ng , we're a friendly bunch!

The Yiddish Policeman's Union sounds so interesting, what an imaginative alternate history! I've had Moonglow and The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay on my TBR for ages. I really need to try this author!

message 18: by Anne ✨ (last edited Jul 01, 2019 07:10AM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈπŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈπŸ‘‹
Welcome to our 75 newest members who've joined us in the second quarter of 2019:

Alan, Alexis, Amber, Amy, Angel, Anna, Arisa, Ash, Autumn, Ava, Cameron Fischer, Cassandra, Catherine, Christy, Cutenitae, David, Derek, DJ, Dominique, Eda, Eli, Eluney, Erin, freitodphantasien, Frenchtoastygood, Grace, Grace:), Hailey, Hitomi, Ian, Jana, Jeanette, Jmarie, Kathy, Katie, Kayleigh, Kiamesha, Kim, Laura, Laura, Leah, M., Matilda, Maureen, Melanie, Melanie, mina, Mohammad, Monipeca, Mouhiyidine, Mya, Naira, Nathan, Nishi, Nishtha, οὔτις, Owain, Paula, Prem, Rachael, Raypunzal, Renee, Ryan, SAbrina, Sandra, Sara, Sharon, Sofia, Sveta, Taylor, Tessa, Tiffany, Trisha Morris, Valerie, Yadu, Zazie

We're so happy you've joined us, and we can't wait to get to know you! Please drop-in and say hello in this thread. Let us know where you are from, and what you've been reading!

message 19: by Erin (last edited Jul 01, 2019 05:11PM) (new)

Erin Germain (demiguise) Hi, I'm Erin. I'm from Massachusetts. Summer is my busy time of year for work, so my reading tends to slow down a bit. Actually, it fights for time with my knitting needles and my cats.

Right now, I'm keeping to light reads. Resting Witch Face is currently on my Kindle.

I'm looking forward to meeting people. If I disappear for a few days, here and there, it's likely due a crazy stretch at work. I won't stay away long.

message 20: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Sharp (margaretlynettesharp) | 1 comments Hi to all members! i'm Margaret. I live in Sydney, Australia.

message 21: by Jazzy (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Margaret wrote: "Hi to all members! i'm Margaret. I live in Sydney, Australia."

Hi Margaret! I hope this winter is not too cold for you :)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone, my name is Bodrul, based in London, I read anything and everything, tend to listen to Radio 4 quite a bit and have a decent collections of British and Franco Belgium comic books and graphic novels.

message 23: by Derek (new)

Derek Hello! My name is Derek and I currently live in Oklahoma. I'm into fantasy books and love Brandon Sanderson. It is nice to meet you all!

message 24: by Meagan (new)

Meagan Patterson | 7 comments Hey everybody! My name is Meagan I live in Texas. I read all kinds of books but mostly romance. I love the idea of this group can't wait to get to know everyone :)

message 25: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Morrissey Hello everyone,

my name's Mimi, I am 31 years old and enjoy reading (obviously), drinking tea or a glass of wine from time to time, watching movies and series, baking, cooking, listening to music and more introvert hobbies like those.

My favourite genres are horror, thriller, mystery, fantasy and crime, but I enjoy a lot of the other stuff as well.

Love,
Mimi