Study Buddies discussion

Discuss Poison Study > Got my signed Study series!!!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angee (last edited Aug 22, 2009 07:31PM) (new)

Angee Wentz (angee_wentz) | 4 comments Oh my gosh! I had to share! I got the Study series yesterday... all signed and personalized by Maria V. Snyder herself!! I am ecstatic!! Check it out! I will post a picture of all the signed books together when my phone is charged! My year has been made!

Photobucket

I borrowed the series from the library before and was anxious to get my own copy because I totally fell in love with this series!

*THANKS MARIA! YOU'RE THE BEST!*

Note says:
"A note from... Maria V. Snyder
8-9-09

Hi Angee,
Here are your books! Enjoy!
Thanks!
Best,"
(Maria's signature)

Book says:
"Angee,
Welcome to my study hall - today's lesson: poisons. Sip slowly :)"
(Maria's signature)

message 2: by Alethea (last edited Aug 22, 2009 11:15PM) (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 481 comments Mod
Yay!!! I know how you feel; I have some of my own copies designated as do-not-touch, keep-away-from-sunlight-and-oxygen, autographed ones. I have a really beat up copy of Poison Study that has been to Italy and back (a friend borrowed and loaned it to all the students on an archaeo. dig).

I think the only other set of books like that I have are Twilight, and I'm hoping to someday do the same with Graceling, Hunger Games, and Shiver (but I haven't met any of those authors yet or been able to get their signatures :(
)

Thanks for sharing the love, Angee!

message 3: by Angee (last edited Aug 24, 2009 12:14PM) (new)

Angee Wentz (angee_wentz) | 4 comments Photobucket

Here is everything that was sent! I was so thrilled! I have signed copies of Twilight, Eclipse and The Host too! I need an air-tight compartment! Know where to get one? lol. I felt bad even bending back the cover for a picture, but I knew my Goodreads pals would appreciate it and get excited with me!

message 4: by Reema (new)

Reema | 142 comments Wow, they look so amazing. I love the inside of the covers - must be the US book as the UK ones aren't that nice.
I love the way Maria uses a different colour pen for each book. I think i will have to get mine resigned when she comes over in January as i just have the label on my Study series, but my Storm Glass book looks amazing!

message 5: by Dani C. (new)

Dani C. (Paulette's Papers) (ellepaul) That is sooo amazing! Thank you so much for showing us!

message 6: by Keelin (new)

Keelin | 96 comments my poison study book is sooo battered up im surprised its stil in one picec
i knw the excitment of having a book signed but i ony got my magic study one signed and sent over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was so excited i fergot tey du my hmwrl in got in boller da nxt day at school but it was worth it BIG TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Donna (last edited Jun 06, 2012 09:03PM) (new)

Donna (deety) Alethea wrote: "Yay!!! I know how you feel; I have some of my own copies designated as do-not-touch, keep-away-from-sunlight-and-oxygen, autographed ones. I have a really beat up copy of Poison Study that has been..."

Yeah, my reading copy of Poison Study is the first mass market paperback edition, but I wanted a second copy that would match all the other books, so that one is in better shape.

message 8: by Laurie(Time Stand Still) (last edited Oct 07, 2009 03:31PM) (new)

Laurie(Time Stand Still) (timestandstill) | 3 comments My newest compulsion is getting autographed books that I loved devouring. I won the Study books set all autographed by participating in chat. I have all my Stephenie Meyers book signed, City of Glass by Ms. Clare, Skinned by Ms. Wasserman and Extras by Mr. Westerfeld. Now I just need to get a fireproof display safe. Or maybe just a bigger safe, mine is filled up.

message 9: by Jessica (last edited Oct 08, 2009 06:30PM) (new)

Jessica | 8 comments I've started doing that too. I have City of Glass and Vacations from Hell by Cassandra Clare and Wake and Fade by Lisa McMann (I won them in a chat) so far. If I get more, I'll need to fire proof my display safe too!

Laurie(Time Stand Still) (timestandstill) | 3 comments There has got to be aways to display and protect our treasured items somewhere. I haven't found it yet.

message 11: by Keelin (new)

Keelin | 96 comments OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P Stephen Gately

*cry*

message 12: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Harvey | 511 comments Maria is awesome! I went and saw her for a book signing. I love how she writes all over the title page. :-D!

message 13: by Donna (new)

Donna (missdonna00) | 8 comments Urrrrgggghhh I'm sooo jealous!! :P

message 14: by Alethea (new)

Alethea A (frootjoos) | 481 comments Mod
Donna, I'm sure she'll be back there sometime... Keep reading her books and recommending them to others! The more popular she gets, the more likely she will tour :) I can't wait for her to come to California again!

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 67 comments I just want her to come to Utah!

message 16: by Renée (new)

Renée (maagtablet) | 32 comments Let her come to Holland first please!!!