What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Tales of the Peculiar (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #0.5)
This topic is about Tales of the Peculiar
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Man starts turning into either a giant turtle with an island on its back or an actual island. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie (lisaduchessg) | 153 comments Hello, I read this book sometime within the last two years. I think it was in a collection of short stories. This one had a young man his father had disappeared earlier in his life. I think he started having weird dreams and wanted to go to see but either his mother or his wife didn't want him to go. He went looking for an island/or turtle with an island and i think the dreams helped him find it. I think it was in the distance but the could never reach it. He reached the island eventually and there was a cave and he found some of his father's things and thought he had died on it. He went home and his body started to change. He started growing trees and stuff from his body. I think he moved further inland because they lived near the port to see if he can escape the changes but it took him over and he had to get to the sea. When he got there the island that he was on was in the port and it was his father. He embraced the change and they both drifted off together. As I said I read this within the last two years but I think it came out before that and I believe it was part of a collection of short stories its either a YA or Middle Grade book. If anyone is able to help me find this I would be really grateful.

message 2: by Bridget (new)

Bridget (oobridgetoo) | 172 comments Hmm. I haven't read it, but maybe Drift by M.K. Hutchins?

message 3: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie (lisaduchessg) | 153 comments no that's not it but that does look interesting

message 4: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie (lisaduchessg) | 153 comments bump

message 5: by Mai (last edited May 15, 2019 01:40PM) (new)

Mai | 1215 comments There's a short story called Cocobolo that sounds like your description. It's included in this book:
Tales of the Peculiar by Ransom Riggs.

Found searching online so I don't know the ending...

message 6: by Marie (last edited May 15, 2019 11:11PM) (new) - added it

Marie (lisaduchessg) | 153 comments YES this is the book. Thank you very much for your help.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tales of the Peculiar (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ransom Riggs (other topics)