YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Archive > April-June 2019 Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 1977 comments Mod
I was thinking about our next challenge for quite some time now, and I decided our theme for this quarter would be series! I don't know about you guys, but I love series! The goal is to read as many series as you can, and hopefully finish a couple of them along the way!

Challenge duration: April 1st - June 30th

Pick a level with the amount of books you hope to read in the next 3 months!

Level 1: 1-5 books
Level 2: 6-10 books
Level 3: 11-15 books
Level 4: 16-20 books
Level 5: 21+ books

To qualify for this challenge, all books must be part of a series!

And here are some prompts to help you out! These are optional, so you don't have to do them.

Category 1: Just read the series!

Read the first book in a series
Read the last book in a series
Read a book in a duology
Read a book in a trilogy
Read book #10 (or higher) in a series
Read book/novella #0.5 in a series
Read a short story/novella in a series
Read a book in a spinoff series (e.g. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare , Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead , The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan )
Read a companion book to a series (e.g. School Spirits (Hex Hall) by Rachel Hawkins , Camp Half-Blood Confidential (The Trials of Apollo, #2.5) by Rick Riordan )
Read a book with a collection of short stories in a series (e.g. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare , Demigods & Magicians Percy and Annabeth Meet the Kanes by Rick Riordan )

Category 2: Finish the series!

Finish reading 1 series
Finish reading a 2nd series
Finish reading a 3rd series

Category 3: Just for fun!

Read a book with 'Sun' in the title OR a sun on the cover
Read a book with flowers on the cover
Read a book with water on the cover
Read a book with pastel colors on the cover
Read a book with neon colors on the cover

You can mix an match the categories and read as many or as little books as you'd like. If you have any questions, let me know! And feel free to create your own thread in this topic so you can keep track of the books you're going to read/have read! Have fun and happy reading! 😁

message 2: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4106 comments Mod
Sounds good Lili! I am in. I'll make a page for it later and figure out what all I am going to try and do.

message 3: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Yay! Glad to hear it! 😁

message 4: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1841 comments Mod
Can I just say how much I freaking love this challenge? This is like made for me lol.

message 5: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I'm glad to hear! I just love series!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sounds great! So excited for this challenge!!

message 7: by Brittany (new)

Any thoughts what the next quarterly challenge will be?? Its coming up quick!

message 8: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

I'm working on it! 😁 But if anyone has any ideas feel free to drop them below!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Liliana wrote: "I'm working on it! 😁 But if anyone has any ideas feel free to drop them below!"

umm... beach reads?? Summer romances??? Books that have been on your TBR for more than a year??? Books that include a road trip?? Books by New to you authors??? Books that start with each letter of a word...such as S-U-M-M-E-R?? Books with movies?? Diverse Reads?? Own Voices Books? List of Genres and we read one book from each??

Okay, I may have went a little over board but hopefully, this will help you brain storm?? lol

message 10: by Brittany (new)

Good ideas Heather!
I'd love anything summerish as the season is just too short! At least for me the sun worshiper. I also tend to read more contempories in the summer than any other time of year.

Spelling out words are fun, words instead of Summer which has a double letter could be things like BEACH, SUNBURN, CAMPING, ROAD TRIP, VACATION, etc

I also love the genre idea as it gets us reading outside comfort zones.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Good ideas Heather!
I'd love anything summerish as the season is just too short! At least for me the sun worshiper. I also tend to read more contempories in the summer than any other time of year...."

Thanks!

message 12: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1841 comments Mod
Love the genre idea and the spelling out summer related words.

message 13: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Heather you always have the best ideas lol. Thanks guys! I'll have the post up this weekend!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Lol! I just googled ‘reading challenges’ and then my mind ran with it!