Support for Indie Authors discussion

Physical Book Publishing > Problem with Ingramspark

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert (new)

Robert Brown | 57 comments I've printed three books with Ingramspark with no problems. With the latest effort, the print on the proof was off center. When I brought that to their attention, I was told that was because my PDF paper size was 8.5X11 rather than the trim size of 6X9. In Word, I write with paper size at 6X9 and use "save as" to create the PDF for print submission. This has always worked well at Creatspace, KDP, and Ingramspark. I sent a screenshot showing the properties of the PDF included the 6X9 print size (although page size was and has been 8.5X11). The customer service rep doesn't respond to my input and repeats I must change the PDF paper size to the 6x9 trim size.

Has there been a change? Am I wrong? Do others change PDF paper size to trim size?

message 2: by P.D. (new)

P.D. Workman (pdworkman) I have had occasional issues with this. Rather than using "save as" pdf, try using a pdf printer with the proper trim size. Be warned that not all pdf printers will let you set custom trim sizes. Are you in Windows or Mac?

message 3: by Robert (new)

Robert Brown | 57 comments Hi Pamela,
I use Windows. My problem is that this PDF trim sizing hasn't been an issue until now and I wonder if it truly is an issue. Did you have to change the PDF paper size and did it work?

message 4: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Bald | 10 comments Robert wrote: "Hi Pamela,
I use Windows. My problem is that this PDF trim sizing hasn't been an issue until now and I wonder if it truly is an issue. Did you have to change the PDF paper size and did it work?"

Hello Robert-- You might have already fixed this over the day...
In your first comment, you wrote that you "saved as." Like Pamela commented, be sure not to bother with the "save as PDF" in Word, but scroll to Word's Print command, then change the "print to" from your printer to "PDF" choice (my menu list says Adobe PDF). You might have just mixed up the "save as" and "print to" functions.

Since a PDF basically is a copy of whatever you are sending it, the 6x9 page size you have your manuscript saved in the Word Doc will not be altered. Too bad the Ingram Rep didn't think to suggest you double-check that you printed it (not saved) to PDF.
Good luck with a second try!

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Brown | 57 comments Jillian,
I've done it both methods with good results, until now. I wish I could make sense of what went wrong. I hate to upload a second time, paying extra, and have the same result. That's why I asked if others had the problem.