Pendergast Task Force discussion

Themes and elements

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell (mbjorgensen) | 14 comments Mod
What are some of the recurring themes in the books? What element or themes seem to be prevalent in all of the books? What is their significance?

message 2: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell (mbjorgensen) | 14 comments Mod
One of he themes I can think of is tunnels! I don't know what these guys want to represent with them, but most of these books have tunnels and underground lairs in them.

message 3: by Pranav Mehta (new)

Pranav Mehta | 7 comments Super computer :)

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (mysterywriter19) | 4 comments then there's the (perceived) supernatural element to the crimes, and the antagonist's use of it to cover up the fact that he/she is looking for "something"

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 12 comments I tried to get my husband reading them but he was aggrevated by the supernatural elements not ending up to be supernatural. I enjoy the way they solve the mysteries. It's like the X-Files. Maybe David Duchovny could be Smithback?

message 6: by David (new)

David | 6 comments So who do you see as Pendergast in a movie?

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate (kshiv) | 12 comments It's hard to think of anyone cool enough. I still have to go with Johnny Depp. Forgetting looks, which could be aided by makeup, he is such a great character. He has the self confidence and quiet cool that Pendergast needs.

message 8: by David (new)

David | 6 comments Depp is a good choice but I see Pendergast as an older man than Depp. Quite frankly I cannot think of one good choice to play him. Pendergast is such a unique character.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Donovan | 16 comments Kate wrote: "It's hard to think of anyone cool enough. I still have to go with Johnny Depp. Forgetting looks, which could be aided by makeup, he is such a great character. He has the self confidence and quiet..."

Thank you, Kate. I've been advocating Depp on "Who Would Play Pendergast" for months. Some agreeents, but some real disagreements, too. Someone even suggested David Caruso. David Caruso??? I don't think so. I too think Johnny Depp has such character and I think he could play "older" very easily. I've also been trying to get a consensus on casting the entire film.