2019 Resolution Group discussion

Hello, Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Hi, I'm Bookbuyer. I'm 26 years old. I'm very chatty and active.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) How is everyone today?

message 3: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Hello, I am Courtney and am 27 years old. I am a writer, reader, equestrian, math tutor/teacher, and too many other things. I use Instagram a lot, so look me up if you have one: @courtneysreads

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "Hello, I am Courtney and am 27 years old. I am a writer, reader, equestrian, math tutor/teacher, and too many other things. I use Instagram a lot, so look me up if you have one: @courtneysreads"

When did you join Instagram? I don't remember you having it before. ^-^

message 5: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments A couple years ago. 2015, I think.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Cool. I need to get into Instagram. Don't know why I haven't yet. :P

message 7: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments You should! I like taking pictures, so I have a lot of fun with it.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "You should! I like taking pictures, so I have a lot of fun with it."

I'm not a big picture taker but I think it will work for my blog and for ARCs. Will try to start that in Jan but might wait till April or May.

message 9: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Yes, Instagram is a good place to do reviews and such. I don't blog much anymore, so if I request ARCs in the future I will probably start using my Instagram more for that.

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "Yes, Instagram is a good place to do reviews and such. I don't blog much anymore, so if I request ARCs in the future I will probably start using my Instagram more for that."

I didn't know you could do anything but post pictures? O.o

I fail as a millennial. lol.

message 11: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Hahaha. Yeah, well you have to post a picture with whatever else you post, but lots of bookstagrammers write mini reviews on there. Some of the ones I am connected with now get most of their review copies because they use instagram, not blogs. Though most of them do that as well.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) C.P. wrote: "Hahaha. Yeah, well you have to post a picture with whatever else you post, but lots of bookstagrammers write mini reviews on there. Some of the ones I am connected with now get most of their review..."

Oooh. Good to know! ^-^

message 13: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Hi! I'm Aly, I'm 28. I love to read, but it's been mostly audiobooks lately, since I'm working a lot. I have an instagram if you want to check it out, but I don't post too often. aly_petersen01

message 14: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Hi, Aly! A lot of my reading is on audio as well. My commute time is perfect to make it through a book a week, if it's not super long. Sometimes two.

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Emm - Stories for Ghouls wrote: "Hi! I'm Emm. I'm trying to find my place as a writer and an artist. I like all kinds of books so feel free to recommend me anything."

Hi Emm! ^-^

message 16: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Hi! Name is Jamie. Some of you have already known me for awhile. *Cough* Bookbuyer and Courtney saw on my homepage you both over here so I followed you both. :)
Avid BookWyrm (both reading and collecting), gamer, amateur kiteflier and crafter. New youtuber (primarily booktuber) former blogger but changing platforms (still skeptical of it all). Fairly active here. Semi active on booktube, instagram and twitter. Love open readathons, & challenges.

message 17: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Hi! Name is Jamie. Some of you have already known me for awhile. *Cough* Bookbuyer and Courtney saw on my homepage you both over here so I followed you both. :)
Avid BookWyrm (both reading and coll..."

Hi Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Oooh should I do challenges?

message 19: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Hi! Name is Jamie. Some of you have already known me for awhile. *Cough* Bookbuyer and Courtney saw on my homepage you both over here so I followed you both. :)
Avid BookWyrm (both re..."

Hi hi!

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Hi! Name is Jamie. Some of you have already known me for awhile. *Cough* Bookbuyer and Courtney saw on my homepage you both over here so I followed you both. :)
Avid..."

Want me to add a youtube thread for social media? For you book blogging?

message 21: by Aly (new)

Aly (alyp_01) Bookbuyer wrote: "Oooh should I do challenges?"

YES I love challenges

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Aly wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Oooh should I do challenges?"

YES I love challenges"

I wonder what I could come up with? It would have to be really easy.

message 23: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Oooh should I do challenges?"

Maybe some light/open-ended ones. I do enough that have a lot of specifics to find. Or ones that go more than a month if specific. "-

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Oooh should I do challenges?"

Maybe some light/open-ended ones. I do enough that have a lot of specifics to find. Or ones that go more than a month if specific. "-"

It would be less book related and more goal related so far. I'm already creating ideas. Just haven't decided on which one I might do yet.

message 25: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Oooh should I do challenges?"

Maybe some light/open-ended ones. I do enough that have a lot of specifics to find. Or ones that go more than a month if specific. "-"..."

I like that this isn't just books. :) But the openness remains since our goals or how we go about them can differ.
Although some of my goals are playful (like playing backlogged video games, finishing shows in my netflix queue, etc) and not serious if I do them.
Then I also have decluttering/organization goals, yard work goals, project/craft/writing etc so depending how or what is done it can be fun.

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Oooh should I do challenges?"

Maybe some light/open-ended ones. I do enough that have a lot of specifics to find. Or ones that go more than a mont..."

I think the challenge I've decided on might work then. I'm not sure how it would work but I'm going to try. Especially since the group is still small.

message 27: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) This is what I have so far

A Personal Goals Challenge.

You would post your general goals for a month and I or someone else would give you a challenge?

^^^ This might be more of a 'game' ^^^

Length: Year long/Open ended

message 28: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "This is what I have so far

You would post your general goals for a month and I or someone else would give you a challenge?

^^^ This might be more of a 'game' ^^^

Len..."

That could be interesting. Sort of like a game but a challenge of sorts too and both are good :)

message 29: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments Hi, Jamie! What is your booktube? I want to watch. :) And Instagram, not sure if I follow you there.

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "This is what I have so far

^^^ This might be more of..."

Cool. I'll set it up then. Hope it works out well!

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Maybe even a pair off where you put 2 people (more if others join?) and see who can do can better succeed or make their goal. Like if you create a save money goal whomever saves the most % of what they make that month or for weight loss eating healthy servings (fruits/veggies) gets you a point while a serving of junk food (chips, candy, etc) lose you a point. I don't want to make too competitive since our goals individually can vary but idk..just top of my head brainstorms.

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Maybe even a pair off where you put 2 people (more if others join?) and see who can do can better succeed or make their goal. Like if you create a save money goal whomever saves the most % of what ..."

That could be good for the beginning too. As it's easier to keep track off. We'll have to see how many sign up first. :)

message 33: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments C.P. wrote: "Hi, Jamie! What is your booktube? I want to watch. :) And Instagram, not sure if I follow you there."

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0R3...
I can't edit at all really yet so videos are raw.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jljaina/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/jljaina
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/VailiasPageT... (or reg FB https://www.facebook.com/jljaina)
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/jamiej19/

message 34: by C.P. (new)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 72 comments I don't do videos much, but when I do they aren't really edited.

message 35: by Jamie (last edited Dec 19, 2018 01:05PM) (new)

Jamie | 32 comments C.P. wrote: "I don't do videos much, but when I do they aren't really edited."

I want to do a bit better. Like figure out how to do a vlog style with stops and starts, or better cutting out weird moments. Once my shelves are done I'll also have a better place to record I hope. But overall editing is not my focus. I don't want to spend hours fixing every little thing. I got other things I'd rather do with my time.

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "C.P. wrote: "I don't do videos much, but when I do they aren't really edited."

I want to do a bit better. Like figure out how to do a vlog style with stops and starts, or better cutting out weird ..."

I like your videos! ^-^

I also liked the christmas tree in the background. Very festive. ^-^

message 37: by Jamie (last edited Dec 19, 2018 01:11PM) (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Haha the tree was good for this month.

And thanks :)

message 38: by Keith (new)

Keith | 7 comments Hello, all! I'm Keith. Hoping joining this group will help me with some goals I've set for myself in the coming year. Of course, I'm here to offer support to others as well. I'll try to be fairly active. Life finds a way, but it does a great job of getting in the way at times as well.

message 39: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Keith wrote: "Hello, all! I'm Keith. Hoping joining this group will help me with some goals I've set for myself in the coming year. Of course, I'm here to offer support to others as well. I'll try to be fairly a..."

Hi Keith!

message 40: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Hi Keith! Welcome!

message 41: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, watch tv/movies. I have set myself quite a list of goals for 2019 and this group seems like a great place to be for that :)

message 42: by Donna (new)

Donna Davis (seattlebookmama) I'm Donna. I'm a retired teacher and blogger in Seattle, Washington. I like to keep a good blend of fiction and nonfiction at the same time, and I put in a fair amount of time reading every day, now that I can. I have a beagle, and two grandsons, the second born this year.

message 43: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, watch tv/movies. I have set myself quite a list of goals for 2019 and this group seems like ..."

Hi Stephanie! What games do you like to play? What tv shows do you watch?

I also have quite a list. lol. We can keep each other motivated. ^-^

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Donna wrote: "I'm Donna. I'm a retired teacher and blogger in Seattle, Washington. I like to keep a good blend of fiction and nonfiction at the same time, and I put in a fair amount of time reading every day, no..."

Hi Donna! Congrats on the second grand baby! ^-^

message 45: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, watch tv/movies. I have set myself quite a list of goals for 2019 and this..."

I haven't really played anything in a long time but I enjoy Sims, Maplestory, Racing games, Mortal Kombat, Zelda, Pokemon....

I watch Supernatural, iZombie, My Little Pony, among other things (Buffy, Stranger Things, Fuller House...)

message 46: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, watch tv/movies. I have set myself quite a list of goals..."

I'm a Sims a holic! What version do you play?

I used to LOVE Buffy. Favorite ep was the musical one.

message 47: by Tyler (new)

Tyler J Gray (wickedjr89) Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, watch tv/movies. I have set myself qui..."

My favorite is Sims 2 but I haven't been able to play because it no longer likes Windows 10 so it's been a really long time. I can play Sims 3 which I also enjoy.

message 48: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, watch tv/movies. I h..."

I love the older versions of sims but like you said they don't work on the new operating systems. :(

I still have every version up to sims 4. Miss the older version sometimes but 4 is also pretty awesome. :)

message 49: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 32 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like to game, draw, wa..."

Sims 2 was the best! I am torn between 3 and 4.

message 50: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) Jamie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi, I'm Stephanie. I'm 29. I'm a book blogger and booktuber. I love to read but also like..."

I'm nostalgic about all of them. :P

« previous 1