Play Book Tag discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments Somewhere we were talking about reading newly published books. I found a list and I am sure some of these are ones I will read next year:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment...

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7255 comments Booknblues wrote: "Somewhere we were talking about reading newly published books. I found a list and I am sure some of these are ones I will read next year:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment......"

Thanks for sharing-TBR list is growing......

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments Joanne wrote: "Thanks for sharing-TBR list is growing......

I put 15 of them on my Amazon wish list, which is basically an on the radar list.

I thought it was an interesting list and I'm looking forward to looking at more lists of to be published in 2019

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1182 comments I added several to the wishlist, too. Looks like 2019 will be another good reading year!

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Thanks BnB! You know I love a good list!

message 6: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments Susie wrote: "Thanks BnB! You know I love a good list!"

I'm a list lover as well and I like to plan some upcoming reads from soon to be published.

This is something I always did on my tiny group for my friend Denizen. Since my group is so inactive(my fault), I decided to move the list posting here, if nobody objects.

message 7: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1493 comments This is great!!

message 8: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments Charlotte wrote: "This is great!!"

I thought it was a good list. These help me think about what I want to read in the coming year.

message 9: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I definitely don’t object! I added all but one of the fiction titles.

message 10: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments Susie wrote: "I definitely don’t object! I added all but one of the fiction titles."

What one did you leave out?

I added what I thought I would like to read, both fiction and non-fiction, for a total of 15. Quite a few sounded really good.

On another issue altogether but one I am super excited about. I am pretty sure I told you that my husband's aunt lives in Australia, but I can't remember if I told you my niece visited Australia twice and stayed with hubby's aunt. On her last visit she made quite good friends (well more than friends) with a gentleman there and they just had a baby, here in the US. He came for the birth. They are both rock climbers and named their daughter after a famous mountain in the US.

They are going to sort out where they will be living in the future. My niece loves Australia and has made quite good friends with hubby's aunt and her children which are my niece's age.

message 11: by Joy D (new)

Joy D | 3228 comments Thanks for sharing!

Random question: Is there a benefit of putting books on the Amazon wish list?

message 12: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Booknblues wrote: "Susie wrote: "I definitely don’t object! I added all but one of the fiction titles."

I added what I thought I would like to read, both fiction and non-fiction, for a t..."

It was kaddish.com, only owing to the fact that I'm not a great fan of comic novels.

That's great news about the baby! Maybe they will settle here and then you'll just HAVE to come and visit. ;-) I do remember me telling you of them, but can't remember if they are from Melbourne?

message 13: by Susie (last edited Dec 17, 2018 03:01AM) (new)

Susie | 4488 comments For anyone who is interested, here is the beginnings of the Man Booker International Prize: Eligible Books 2019 -

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 14: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments And here is the Man Booker Prize: Eligible Books 2019 -
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 15: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1493 comments Booknblues wrote: "I thought it was a good list. These help me think about what I want to read in the coming year."

I was able to add a few that interested me to my Library hold list and I'm the first on the list when my local library gets them :)

I'm on the fence about a couple and a couple I may go ahead in buy since they are a theme that I'm super interested in right now, Dying of Whiteness: How the Politics of Racial Resentment Is Killing America's Heartlandand goes really well with another book that I've read recently, Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War.

message 16: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5521 comments Susie wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "Susie wrote: "I definitely don’t object! I added all but one of the fiction titles."

I added what I thought I would like to read, both fiction and n..."

They are from Sydney.

Thanks for the Booker lists, I can't wait to look through them.

message 17: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Cunningham | 693 comments Susie wrote: "And here is the Man Booker Prize: Eligible Books 2019 -
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1..."

I am very excited about An Orchestra of Minorities. I think I will likely be at Barnes and Noble on January 8th to purchase the book.

message 18: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I’ve still not read The Fisherman. I must before this comes out.

message 19: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Cunningham | 693 comments Susie wrote: "I’ve still not read The Fisherman. I must before this comes out."

The Fishermen is incredibly well written both in the crafting of the sentences and also in the telling of the story. I really can't understand why it did not win The Man Booker the year it was in the running. I really hope An Orchestra of Minorities lives up to my expectations.

message 20: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Thank you so much for sharing these lists of 2019 upcoming books. I am committed to trying to read at least half my books from newly published ones, so these are super helpful. Off to browse!

message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6304 comments Susie wrote: "For anyone who is interested, here is the beginnings of the Man Booker International Prize: Eligible Books 2019 -

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1......"

This list looks like it would be good fodder for the cultural challenge.