Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive - Yearly Challenges 2019 > Questions about Challenges 2019

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5946 comments Mod
Do you have questions about any of the challenges? If you want to know what qualifies, how to do something, etc, please ask your questions here!

FAQ:
To start your own thread:
- Click on this link: Yearly Challenges 2019
- Click on 'new topic' at the top right of the of the list
- Fill in the 'topic field' with whatever you want to call the challenge. I would advise to include your name in the title so it's easier to find when you come back to it.
- Keep 'folder field' as Yearly Challenges 2019
- Fill in the 'comment field' with details of your challenges
- Click 'post'

message 2: by Bub (new)

Bub | 49 comments Where is the list of books to read for 2019? I'm a little confused with all the challenges.

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (last edited Dec 18, 2018 08:26PM) (new)

Bub wrote: "Where is the list of books to read for 2019? I'm a little confused with all the challenges."

All the challenges you can join are posted in this folder. I'm not sure if you're referring to a specific challenge. The one that has a list of tasks is the Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019.

Otherwise, if you're just referring to the group reads, they can be found here.

message 4: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
Or he maybe talking about the main group challenge?

Details can be found here

message 5: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Oh yes! Good call, Lynn.

message 6: by Bub (new)

Bub | 49 comments Ty all for the assistance. I'm a little dense.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (teff1979) | 69 comments Can we use the same book for multiple challenges?

message 8: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
Stephanie wrote: "Can we use the same book for multiple challenges?"

Yes you can :)

message 9: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 834 comments How do you people handle new release books that are read prior to the release year? Like for example, I read An Anonymous Girl which is going to publish in January 2019, but I read it in 2018.
SO would you put it in new releases 2018 challenge because that is when you read it? or 2019 because that is when it is published? Or both?

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

I don't use them unless I read them during the timeframe of the challenge. So, if I start January 1st, 2019 and a book is published in April 2019 (for example), I will only count it if I read it after January 1st. It doesn't matter if I read it before publication, only if I read it during the challenge. So, if I read it in December of the previous year, I don't count it, but January I would. Hope that makes sense.

message 11: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
Count it when you read it.

message 12: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 834 comments Yeah, it is kind of like the Best of the Best category and even though the books were read long ago, they won't count unless you reread them within the time frame.

message 13: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Exactly!

message 14: by Vicki Willis (last edited Dec 28, 2019 12:41PM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 834 comments Hey ladies,
Can you set up a folder for 2020 yearly challenges?
Thanks!

message 15: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Vicki Willis wrote: "Hey ladies,
Can you set up a folder for 2020 yearly challenges?
Thanks!"

Hi Vicki - I plan to set up all the new challenge threads within the next couple of days. For now, I started the new Yearly Challenges 2020 folder for you to set up your own thread.