What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > man kidnaps a woman and tries to prove that he's a better man than her former fiancé

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AMALIA (last edited Jan 30, 2019 06:10AM) (new)

AMALIA CARNEIRO | 2 comments A romance novel where a man kidnaps a woman and tries to prove that he's a better man than her former fiancé. I read it only a year or 2 ago and it was part of a series. It was a strange book where the hero set off to psychologically convince the woman that he was better than her previous man. He goes into detail about how women will chose who they perceive to be the stronger and smarter man. It was a strange premise but I can't forget it. It ended in a cliff hanger where once she chooses him, he gets shot or stabbed, leaving her to believe he's been killed by the 1st guy. But he survives and sets off to heal himself using mind over matter to overcome his injuries and then get her back. There is some definite dubious consent when they get together. Convoluted but unique. Ring any bells???

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35710 comments Mod
A guess - Pagan Lover by Anne Hampson?

Amalia, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Please add plot details and genre to your topic header using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not mobile app. Someone is more likely to recognize your book. Just ask if you'd like help with this.

Tips for posting a book request -- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by AMALIA (new)

AMALIA CARNEIRO | 2 comments Hi , thanks for the guess, I read it only a year or 2 ago and it was part of a series. It was a strange book where the hero set off to psychologically convince the woman that he was better than her previous man. He goes into detail about how women will chose who they perceive to be the stronger and smarter man. It was a strange premise but I can't forget it. It ended in a cliff hanger where once she chooses him, he gets shot or stabbed, leaving her to believe he's been killed by the 1st guy. But he survives and sets off to heal himself using mind over matter to overcome his injuries and then get her back

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
AMALIA ~~
I added some details to your header. That helps people to look at your thread.
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 44 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Pagan Lover (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne Hampson (other topics)