unOrdinary discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 134 (134 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

Xander Mizuki (xandermizuki) | 113 comments Mod

message 2: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Florida_Man16 (jon_the_metalhead) | 366 comments Mod
"That Jack didn't put up much of a fight," Leila said as they arrived in the cafeteria.

message 3: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

Phoenix~They/Them | 214 comments Mod
"Yeah." She said. "Hey, hopefully, I can make a change to this school." She giggled. "After all people bully the weak and it's annoying." She shrugged.

message 4: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"We're only freshman, though," Leila said, "The top team holds the most authority."

message 5: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (last edited Dec 11, 2018 07:52AM) (new)

"Well then, our new goal is to reach the top within these 4 years." She said with a grin. She walked to get her food.

message 6: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Leila followed and got a tray of food, sitting down at a table. "So, how're we gonna get up there?", she asked Kris

message 7: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

Kris shrugged. "No clue but we'll figure it out." She said, taking a bite of her apple once she was seated.

message 8: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Well," Leila said, "I guess we just gotta knock down Arlo and Blyke, whoever they are, I just saw a roster in the halls."

message 9: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

"Arlo's the King." She said with a laugh. "I'm pretty sure the queen is Remi?" She looked at Leila. "I read up a bit on the roster when I came here so I knew who is who." She smiled at Leila. "But we're not ready for that yet anyway." She said.

message 10: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Yeah, but Arlo is stronger than Remi," Leila said, "He's ranked number two, Remi's number 3. I don't even think the Ace here takes part in turf wars anymore."

message 11: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

"True." She said with a nod. "We'd have to come up with some kind of strategy." She said.

message 12: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(I'm cool with it if Raven is. We still on for Jo and Yuki later?)

"We need to see how the abilities work before we can come up with a solid battle plan," Leila said, nodding.

message 13: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

((I'm cool with it))

"Of course. I kinda wanna ask Arlo for a spar just to understand his powers work." She said with a giggle and smiled at Leila.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Chizu walked into the cafeteria, hands in his pockets. He looked around. He walked up to some random kid. "Hey, do any of you know who the knew Queen and Jack is?" Chizu asked the boy. There was so much gossip going around about someone who had beat the jack and queen earlier today, it was hard not to hear about it. The boy pointed to a pair of twins and Chizu said his thanks. He decided to walk over to them. "Hey. Rumors have it your the new freshman queen and Jack, right?" Chizu asked them. He hadn't really known the previous royals all that well, except for some cold encounters. Other than that, Chizu has only been a jack for about a week now.

message 15: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

Kris turned in her seat. "Yeah, that'd be us." She rubbed the back of her neck a bit. "Nice to meet you, I'm Kris." She gave a small smile as she finished off her food. "I'm the new freshman queen." She said.

message 16: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"I'm the new freshman Jack," Leila said.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Cool! I'm Chizu! I'm also a freshman Jack. Though, I've only been Jack for about a week.... Anyways... It's a pleasured to meet you two." He said kindly, with a small nervous chuckle.

message 18: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"No, Just got here today, I'm afraid," Leila said to Ren. "You two wouldn't happen to know if a girl whose power was radiation was attending here, would you?"

message 19: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(Lex, I thought you left. I already deleted Axel.)

"I'm asking because, at our last school a girl like that was Queen, and I'm pretty sure she was expelled from there," Leila explained.

message 20: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Do you know how Arlo's power works?", Leila asked.

message 21: by Phoenix~They/Them, Annoyed Little Puffball (new)

"Not really, that's why I wanna find out." She said with a small grin.

message 22: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

Akinae could be seen entering the cafeteria. She got her lunch and sat at an empty seat at the table next to Kris's. She ate her lunch silently.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Chizu thought for a moment. "Arlo? I believe his power has something to do with shields, but I have no idea. Whenever I ask someone about it, they just tell me to shut up and leave them alone." Chizu said. He had been here for about a week, but within that week all he was hearing was rumors and gossip about the royals.

message 24: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"If you want to know about Arlo so bad, why don't you ask him yourself?" Akinae asked sharply. "I may know what his ability is, but I won't tell you. That much is certain."

message 25: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Corelle sat one table over, listening to their excited prattle. They honestly knew nothing of the royal team and their abilities? Didn’t they understand how dog-eat-dog this school was? And their ambitions to get stronger... well, this world wasn’t that fair. If effort was rewarded with strength, maybe that would be true, but power was given at birth, randomly distributed. She couldn’t help but cringe a little at the freshmen. “Arlo’s power is nigh unbeatable. It’s why he’s currently recognized as the most powerful student at our school,” she interjected, “He can create force fields that confine others and their abilities to a limited area, and he cant hen crush those inside. He uses varied strategies and never loses,” she stated. “Don’t think of challenging him; no one has ever seen his strength waver.” It wasn’t so much a lecture as friendly advice, she hoped. These kids were idealists; it would really hurt them if they got smashed week one. “I don’t think he’s the biggest fan of gossip either,” she advised, raising an eyebrow.

message 26: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

"Yeah, but he's got no reason to have an issue with us," Leila said, "Yet, anyway. He's the top, we're only the Freshman team."

message 27: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Corelle shrugged at Leila. “He’s kind of a grumpy jerk,” she said, with a bit of a smile, “You can’t count on a high teir’s mood, and nobody likes being talked about.”

message 28: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

Leila smirked, "I know, my sis and I are high tier. But, the big difference is, we're almost never around to know we're being talked about."

message 29: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Corelle nodded amiably, as if that was to be expected. “Arlo’s different. He’s a higher class of high tier,” she explained. It was some testament to her at least that she didn’t seem fazed at all, interacting with a group of high tiers. Corelle had a sort of casual confidence. “You really don’t want to get on his bad side, powerful or not. Especially not as you start at a new school. You’re freshmen, right?”

message 30: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"To be completely honest, I'm kinda surprised none of the high-tiers have tried to beat me down yet. They kinda know me as a "cripple", but they're wrong. My ability doesn't have a glint." She said all of this in a hushed tone. "This stays between us alright?"

message 31: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Corelle glanced at the girl, a little confused. "No glint?" she asked, "That's a unique trait. It gives you a rather unique perspective," she pointed out, "Why do you want it to be secret?"

message 32: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"Let's just say my ability literally screws with your head. I can manipulate how you perceive things or what your nerves recieve from the brain. Meaning, I can simulate intense pain." She said softly. "It's a neat little trick I'm saving for the first unlucky high - tier"

message 33: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) "Some people already know how to surpass pain," Corelle debated, for argument's sake. "Though," she admitted, That is a pretty terrifying ability."

message 34: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"I see it that way as well. For all your know I could project your vision in bloody cell." She said with a slight sharpness to her voice. "Not to mention my sub-ability is manipulation of light. Which makes me a rather decent fighter."

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Chizu looked at Akinae. "Light manipulation?" He asked, remembering something about what his dad told him. His dad had an ability very similar to Chizu and always warned Chizu about things to avoid. "Haha... Remind me to never pick a fight with you." He said, chuckling nervously. "My ability would never stand a chance against Light manipulation."

message 36: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) ((That’s kind of weird that they’re allowing multiple abilities, but cool, I guess.))

Corelle offered nothing of her ability at this time. “Well, you can show me how it works then, can’t you?” She requested, smiling pleasantly. “Do you make the choice of what the person sees, or is it some image from their subconscious, like a nightmare drawn to the surface?”

message 37: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"I can choose what someone sees or feels when it's active." She made it possible for Corelle see Chizu with a Pinocchio nose. She did the opposite to Chizu. "Alright, tell me if you can spot anything different."

message 38: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) Corelle was tempted to make a sarcastic, childish remark. She suddenly was struck with the training of stalwartness from her father, and with the insecurities of it not going over well with the group of students. It was important to remain friendly and distant, innocuous, and at least liked to some extent. She couldn’t handle being anyone’s target. She had to keep the library job and her studies top-notch, without interference. “I see an elongated nose,” she grinned, as if liking this situation, “What would happen if I..?” She stuck her hand through the nose.

message 39: by Florida_Man16, Head Mod (new)

(You have to take these things with a grain of salt. Generally I try to keep an aspect of science involved so it's semi-realistic, but we still have to factor in that this is a purely fictional world.)

"I don't see anything," Leila remarked.

message 40: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"That's because I can either just let everyone around me see it or select specific people to see my illusions." She said politely. "To be honest I can see someone doing some really immature stuff if they had my ability."

message 41: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) ((I’m not criticizing, just questioning, and not tearing down, but instead offering suggestions for how it could work. I’m interested, not insulting.))

Corelle nodded, as if that was to be expected. “Your focus is awesome. Do you have to choose who to include, or do you have to choose who to exclude in your illusions?” She hesitated, trying to think of a better way to ask. “Would your illusions affect everyone if you didn’t choose to exclude people, or do you have to consciously include each individual you see? Could someone you don’t know about sneak in behind you while you’re focused on enchanting others?”

message 42: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"Well for my illusions to affect people depend on how high are they on the trick spectrum. The lower they are, the more real they seem. For instance, if I projected my arm to look like it's just been severed. If you have a high trick factor,this would only seem like a veil to you." She did it to demonstrate. The illusion was squirting blood everywhere. At least to the eyes of the people in her group. "I always have an illusion in place for sneaky punks. Usually in the form of a giant spider dropping down from above. Though if I wanted to exclude folks,I would actually place a protective lens using my light to make sure they don't see it. In theory, I could make myself and my belongings "invisible" to you if I so wished." She said this calmly, not bothering to undo the illusion on her arm.

message 43: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “I see,” she mused. “So it generally affects everyone unless someoneis excluded? That’s really awesome!” She was a but excited to learn new stuff like this. It was interesting.

message 44: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"Yea, until you're the one I end up casting it upon. Not to mention me being able to trick the nerves adds a whole new level of creepy. I could make someone feel like they're in a meat locker." She said kindly. "You look rather beautiful today Corelle."

message 45: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “Thanks,” she said dismissively, then had to wonder if Akinae had altered her appearance to punish her for being too inquisitive, for pestering her. That actually could have happened... she’d been too enthusiastic about the ability. The best thing to do would just be to thank the fellow classmate, laugh it off, or just not acknowledge what was there. An easy solution she cooked up in her head! Simple. No fight or conflict. “Creepy can be really interesting,” she pointed out, “Like sea creatures, or...” she didn’t want to give away nightmare fuel, in case Akinae was not her friend... “Or Something like that.” She hoped she hadn’t hesitated much while picking her words.

message 46: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"The only time I truly go all out on someone is when they try pushing around folks in my year or those that I consider my friends." She deactivated all of her illusions. "Though I can project things that are rather sweet."

message 47: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “So...” she grinned, “you could make everyone in the cafeteria suddenly have a bowl of ice cream in front of them.” She almost wanted to see everyone enjoying a bowl of delicious air.

message 48: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

Akinae blinked a few times. "Done and done." She said with a smirk. She gave every one an illusion of the school's three tier chocolate cake.

message 49: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) “I think you just became my favorite person,” Corelle confided, stifling a laugh, as the students around them began pigging out on nothing at all. At least, she knew it was nothing, but everything looked very real.

message 50: by Xander, Deputy Mod (new)

"How sweet of you to say that love." She snagged a few pristine slices of cake for her and Corelle. "Though I'm sweeter."

« previous 1 3