What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Year Of The Leopard Song
This topic is about The Year Of The Leopard Song
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book set in Africa with a white guy and a black guy who are friends. They are dealing with murders or something to do with leopards. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dangerous (new)

Dangerous Knowledge Fox | 5 comments I think I read this in 1997-2001 and it seemed slightly older at the time. Book was on the smaller side and had a white rectangular border on the cover with a black rectangular inset with a picture of a leopard, I think. I think the title font was in red. Seemed spooky and mysterious for a 7-10 year old.

message 2: by Dangerous (new)

Dangerous Knowledge Fox | 5 comments SPOILER ALERT

I think the guy’s friend ends up becoming a leopard and they fight on this mountain.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
For children, YA, or adult?

message 4: by Dangerous (new)

Dangerous Knowledge Fox | 5 comments I think it’s YA, but it felt very dark, so it could also be an adult book. Sorry! I know that’s not very helpful.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Black Leopard by Steven Voien A guess - Black Leopard by Steven Voien?

(http://www.worldcat.org/advancedsearch > Keywords: africa leopard murders | 1960-2005 | Fiction | Book | English)

message 6: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1213 comments This cover matches the description pretty well: The Year Of The Leopard Song by Eric Campbell and the book is about a British boy and an African boy who are friends. The Year Of The Leopard Song

message 7: by Dangerous (new)

Dangerous Knowledge Fox | 5 comments THAT’S IT! Thank you SO MUCH!

message 8: by Dangerous (new)

Dangerous Knowledge Fox | 5 comments Adele, you got it!

message 9: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1213 comments Yay! You're very welcome. :-)