Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Book not Showing on my Profile

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Taylor (authorlctaylor) | 31 comments One of my books is not showing on my author profile. I think it is happening because my name is duplicated on goodreads (another author) and you have added extra space or something.
It should go with this page : L.C. Taylor

Bound

message 2: by Ismail (new)

Ismail | 2201 comments Moved to your profile
Is any of the books in this list yours?
https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

message 3: by Abcdarian (last edited Dec 08, 2018 07:04PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 21396 comments Going by her list of books, all of them were.

message 4: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Taylor (authorlctaylor) | 31 comments When I click on the link you supplied to look, it shows as a dead link. Here are all of my books:

WovenWretchedWillingWhispersWovenMystic Valley Shifters: Volume OneThe Glass HeartCracked Bound

message 5: by Abcdarian (last edited Dec 08, 2018 07:26PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 21396 comments I think everything is moved to your page. There were several under L C Taylor and LC Taylor, both without periods, but they are all moved to your profile and combined with other editions now.

message 6: by Ismail (new)

Ismail | 2201 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Going by her list of books, all of them were."

Thanks for your help!

message 7: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Taylor (authorlctaylor) | 31 comments Thank you! Not sure why there is so many pages with LC Taylor
Technically my name has no periods, but someone with Goodreads changed my profile to have them.

Any who... Thanks for your help!

message 8: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 21396 comments You're welcome. Goodreads standards require the periods, and we've just experienced part of the reason: without a particular way of doing each name, a plethora of profiles can ensue. With and without periods, with and without spaces between initials, some with and without capitals, all multiplied by the spacing required to differentiate same-name authors. Every tiny difference in an author name automatically creates a different author profile.

Sorry, just rambling here ... :-)

message 9: by L.C. (new)

L.C. Taylor (authorlctaylor) | 31 comments Abcdarian wrote: "You're welcome. Goodreads standards require the periods, and we've just experienced part of the reason: without a particular way of doing each name, a plethora of profiles can ensue. With and witho..."

Your ramblings make sense though! Thank you again for taking the time to help me out...it's much appreciated!

message 10: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Brown | 2 comments Hi, can you please add Adapt to my author page? https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4... author page? Thank you.

message 11: by Ismail (new)

Ismail | 2201 comments #10
Brooke, your book was moved to your profile