Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

The Bachelor Challenge Archive > The Bachelor Team Challenge - 13 Bachelors are Not Enough (13)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 336 (336 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (last edited Jan 05, 2019 04:44PM) (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹
🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Team 13 Members:

✓ Captain - Tammie

Cyndee
⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣
Pam
Sarah
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Information required when posting your completion/s:

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

Please include only this information. A small review may be included if desired, but is not required. No other discussion allowed though.

Although you will not need to make selection posts like in the PtP, your teammates might like ideas for what to read so sharing what you're reading could be very helpful. If you have any question if your book qualifies, it would be better to find out before you read it - ask your teammates or in the Q&A/Announcement thread.

Books must be 90 pages and MPG (Main Page Genre) Romance. Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance or similar is acceptable, but it must be romance. Audiobooks and rereads are ok. Books can only be read once per person during the challenge even if it fits multiple categories. The same book can be read by teammates though. Once the task for the date is announced, you may not tag a book so that it fits or edit any lists - this must be done before the date begins.

message 3: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

The dates will begin on Saturdays at 6 PM EST, at that time the task for each date will be announced. Books must be completed and posted by the following Friday at Midnight EST, except when 'Visiting the Family' when you will have until the second Friday. Roses will be awarded before the next date begins. Each date we will be working towards spelling out B-A-C-H-E-L-O-R. The potential tasks for each letter will be posted in advance, but you will not know which task will be used until the date begins.

Roses are earned by:
🌹 The first rose per team is earned for reading 4 books fitting the task during the date.
Bonus roses may be earned by:
🌹 The team that finishes 4 books and posts in the Q&A/Announcement thread first wins a bonus rose. Note, posting is required to earn this rose.
🌹 Teams with each member completing the task (with a minimum of 6 books read) earn an additional rose.
🌹 Teams finishing 8+ books during the date win an additional rose.

Teams will not be eliminated even if they earn no roses, they will have a chance to catch up by earning additional roses on other dates. Players will be eliminated if they do not complete the task on two consecutive dates. Eliminated players will not be replaced. Remember, players are allowed to read multiple books for a given date in order to earn bonuses and/or to make up for teammates who do not read their book or who have been eliminated.

message 4: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

Captains, please reserve a few spaces for tracking.

Introduce yourselves to your teammates. Let then know where you are from, what your interests are in life and in books! Consider friending each other, that makes it easier to follow the goings on.

Your first task as a team is to come up with a team name. The theme if 'Book Boyfriend' and your team name should relate to that. Captains, please PM me your team name when you have decided.

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments I will be tracking each team's completions and using the captains' tracking to confirm before awarding roses at the end of each date.

message 6: by Tammie (last edited Dec 15, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments 🌹4 Books Read Bonus 🌹
Please post our Team name AND note our finish HERE at the Q@A Thread

🌹3 ways to insert a link into a post 🌹

To insert a simple link to a shelf there are a couple of options:

* Copy the https address in the address bar of the page where the book is found - highlight the web-address, copy the address, and paste into your post
OR
* Find a link to the shelf that you want (eg on my lists of shelves to use for the themes), right click with your mouse, select 'Copy Link Location' and then paste into your post

If you want to make it pretty and have a specific name:
* Type <*a href="insert the link that you copied as per above">name the location<*/a> leave out the asterisks...*are put here so the example doesn't disappear...put the address between the " marks and then where it says 'name the location' put what you want it to say.

message 7: by Tammie (last edited Feb 05, 2019 08:06PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹Theme - Book Boyfriends🌹

Completed Dates

B - Week 1 - 6/6 Team Members Completed Books
1. Michaelle Book 1 12/15
2. Tammie Book 1 12/15
3. Michaelle Book 2 12/15
4. Tammie Book 2 12/15
5. Sarah Book 1 12/16
6. Pam Book 1 12/16
7. Tink Book 1 12/16
8. Pam Book 2 12/16
9. Michaelle Book 3 12/15
10. Pam Book 3 12/16
11. Cyndee Book 1 12/17
12. Michaelle Book 4
13. Cyndee Book 2 12/20

A - Week 2 - 6/6 Team Members Completed Books
1. Tink Book 1 12/22
2. Tammie Book 1 12/22
3. Michaelle Book 1 12/22
4. Pam Book 1 12/22
5. Pam Book 2 12/23
6. Pam Book 3 12/24
7. Pam Book 4 12/24
8. Michaelle Book 2 12/24
9. Michaelle Book 3 12/25
10. Tammie Book 2 12/22
11. Tammie Book 3 12/23
12. Cyndee Book 1 12/26
13. Sarah Book 1 12/22

C - Week 3 - 5/5 Team Members Completed Books
1. Pam 1/5
2. Michaelle 1/5
3. Michaelle Book 2 1/5
4. Pam Book 2 1/6
5. Cyndee Book 1 1/6
6. Pam Book 3 1/6
7. Pam Book 4 1/7
8. Tammie Book 1 1/7
9. Cyndee Book 2 1/7
10. Sarah Book 1 - 7 1/5

H - Week 4 - 5/5 Team Members Completed Books
1. Tammie Book 1 1/12
2. Pam Book 1 1/12
3. Cyndee Book 1 1/12
4. Pam Book 2 1/13
5. Sarah Book 1 1/12
6. Sarah Book 2 1/12
7. Sarah Book 3 1/13
8. Sarah Book 4 1/13
9. Pam Book 3 1/14
10. Michaelle Book 1 1/12

E - Week 5 - 5/5 Team Members Completed Books
1. Pam Book 1 1/19
2. Michaelle Book 1 1/19
3. Tammie Book 1 1/20
4. Michaelle Book 2 1/21
5. Pam Book 2 1/20
6. Michaelle Book 3 1/21
7. Pam Book 3 1/21
8. Pam Book 4 1/21
9. Michaelle Book 4 1/22
10. Cyndee Book 1 1/22
11. Sarah’s Books 1-6 1/19-1/24

message 8: by Tammie (last edited Feb 15, 2019 09:18PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments L - Week 6 - 5/5 Team Members Completed Books
1. Pam Book 1 1/26
2. Sarah Book 1 1/26
3. Michaelle Book 1 1/26
4. Tammie Book 1 1/26
5. Cyndee Book 1 1/28
6. Cyndee Book 2 1/31
7. Cyndee Book 3 2/1
8. Pam Book 3 2/1
9. Tammie Book 2 1/31

O - Week 7 - 5/5 Team Members Completed Books
1. Pam Book 1 2/3
2. Pam Book 2 2/4
3. Cyndee Book 1 2/4
4. Tammie Book 1 2/4
5. Cyndee Book 2 2/5
6. Cyndee Book 3 2/5
7. Pam Book 3 2/6
8. Tammie Book 2 2/6
9. Pam Book 4 2/6
10. Michaelle Book 1 2/2
11. Sarah Book 1 2/6

🌹Current Week--Books Finished - click on name to travel to completion post🌹
R - Week 8 - 5/5 Team Members Completed Books
1. Pam Book 1 2/9
2. Tammie Book 1 2/9
3. Tammie Book 2 2/10
4. Pam Book 2 2/10
5. Cyndee Book 1 2/10
6. Cyndee Book 2 2/11
7. Pam Book 3 2/11
8. Tammie Book 3 2/11
9. Cyndee Book 3 2/12
10. Cyndee Book 4 2/12
11. Cyndee Book 5 2/13
12. Cyndee Book 6 2/14
13-19. Sarah Books 1-7 2/9-14
20-21. Tammie Books 4 & 5 2/14-15
22-30. Michaelle Books 1-9 2/10-14
31. Tammie Book 6 2/15
32. Michaelle Book 10 2/15
33. Michaelle Book 11 2/15
34. Cyndee Book 7 2/15

Total Books completed for 'R': 34

message 9: by Tammie (last edited Feb 16, 2019 05:45AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments 🌹The Bachelor Team Challenge🌹

Date Tasks:

At the beginning of each date, one of the tasks for that week's letter will be randomly selected. The letters will be used in order. You will need to read a book that meets the task requirements, as well as the other requirements listed above, to complete the task.

🌹🌹🌹 12/15 - B is for Bank - Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.

🌹🌹🌹 12/22 - A is for Another - Read a book in a series longer than a trilogy (at least 4 books).

🌹🌹🌹 1/5 - C is for Color - Read a book with at least 4 colors on cover.

🌹🌹🌹 1/12 - H is for Holiday - Read a holiday book, can be in title, précis, or tagged.

🌹🌹🌹 1/19 - E is for Enjoyed - Read a book with an average rating of 4.0 or higher.

🌹🌹🌹 1/26 - L is for Labor - Read a book with a blue collar worker, either included in the précis or tagged with blue collar.

🌹🌹🌹 2/2 - O is for October - Read a book that has any edition published in October.

🌹🌹🌹🌹 2/9 R is for Remedy - Read a book tagged with doctor, medical, illness or injury.

message 10: by Tammie (last edited Dec 15, 2018 12:25PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Welcome Teamies! Looking forward to this challenge.
I'll be checking in on Sunday...have a Christmas party this eve :)
In the meantime, if you are here...take the time to introduce yourself...
-Fav Genre, author etc
-Who is your favorite book boyfriend?...why?
-How often you plan to check in
-Let's get us started on 'Team Name' ideas as well...our theme is 'Book Boyfriend' ...we should be able to come up with something fun and I'm sure there are some creativity somewhere on our team...I'm not so ;)

Good morning!

My fav romance is probably humor, action/thriller and historical...but I pretty much read it all! I have a ton of authors I love to read...Suzanne Brockmann, Kristen Ashley, J.R. Ward, Susan Elizabeth Phillips and Alice Clayton are my most fav I think.

Favorite book boyfriend is probably Jamie Fraser from Outlander...I cannot lie...I loved that he was a 'virgin'.

I live in the St. Louis area and am a Realtor. My husband and I are empty nesters with no grand children yet...so quite a lot of extra time to read!

I'm usually around the computer most of the day and check in to goodreads usually at least twice in the day.

I'm totally blank on team names...so I'll do what I always do and head to google for ideas :)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1127 comments Morning,
I always get stumped on these introduction things and realise how boring I am when I can't think of anything to say, haha. So anyway, I'm Tink, I live in England so the calls will be late at night for me.

I enjoy any romance genre apart from suspense/thriller because the not knowing drives me up the wall - I'm far too impatient for that. I usually check in to Goodreads most days so am always about.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 10, 2018 05:07AM) (new)

Hello!!

Trying to choose my fav romance genre is like trying to choose my favorite child...I just can't do it! I love any that will make me laugh out loud in public, but I also crave some serious angst and don't shy away from the "forbidden" romance. Bonus points if an author can make me cry, because I'm just not a cryer. Just a handful of my favorite authors are: Colleen Hoover, Emma Scott, Jewel E Ann, Amy Harmon, Emma Chase, Kristen Ashley, Kate Stewart, Kim Holden, BB Easton, JR Ward, Christina Lauren... I could go on and on.

I can't pick a favorite book boyfriend either. I put up with way more from my BBs than I ever would in real life, so I have dozens of favorites. I tend to prefer the tenderhearted, devoted types over the alphas, but since there are plenty of tenderhearted, devoted alphas out in book-land, well...

I live in Ohio with my hubby and 2 of my 3 kids. The 3rd is a freshman in college so he's off on his own for the majority of our days. Outside of mothering and working full-time, reading is my only daily hobby so I tend to average a book every 1-2 days. I have a long commute to and from work every day, so I've always got an audiobook going too.

I'm on goodreads every day to update my books, but I don't post elsewhere very often, typically only to update on a couple of challenges I like to do.

I don't have any team name suggestions because I'm not very creative but 13 is supposed to be an unlucky number in many cultures so I wonder if we could play off of that somehow?

message 13: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Hi,

I will start by saying this is my first time doing this so I will need a lot of help with directions. I live in Maine on a beautiful lake with my hubby and our four dogs. I am retired but he is still working so I have a lot of time to read. Hoping this will be a chance to discuss books with others of like interest as most of my friends don't get my love of romance/erotica.

Tammie, I also love Jamie Fraser being a virgin--"someone has to know what they are doing"'

I could never pick a specific boyfriend, it is often the one I'm reading at the time. Although I must say Colton Donovan (K. Bromberg's Driven) has stayed in my heart over the years. Love Colleen Hoover, Julia Sykes, MS Parker, I guess I could go on and on. I seem to especially like series about brothers and how they interact and take care of each other. Laugh out loud is always wonderful and some authors write small children that keep me in stitches.

I check goodreads a couple of times a day and would love discussing books with anyone who has the time.

Sorry no help with a team name. I like the idea of playing of the number 13.

message 14: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Not really excited about any of these, but maybe they'll be inspiration for other ideas...

Unlucky in Love
13 Bachelors are not enough
13 is not enough
Bachelor Readers
Bachelor Lovers

message 15: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Pam wrote: "Hi,

I will start by saying this is my first time doing this so I will need a lot of help with directions. I live in Maine on a beautiful lake with my hubby and our four dogs. I am retired but he i..."

Hey Pam...is this your first time doing a challenge? No worries...be sure and ask if you have any questions...we'll figure it out together. This is a new challenge for all of us...it sounds fun!

message 16: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments Good Afternoon! My name is Michaelle and I live in Las Vegas. Not working right now so I have plenty of time to read (and it passes the time waiting in Doctors' offices & whatnot).

I love all genres, but read mostly MM Romance (with a little MMF thrown in for variety)...and my likes span from Historical, PNR/SPN, and SciFi to a good murder/mystery/whodunnit/action/thriller. I think my favorite authors are probably Josh Lanyon and Rhys Ford and Jordan Castillo Price. But I will give anyone a chance if the summary for their story sounds good enough!

Not sure I have a book-boyfriend as all of the ones I love already have awesome boyfriends/husbands of their own...but if I had to pick a couple I'd fight them for (even if I'd get my butt handed to me!) it would be Victor Bayne from the PsyCop series, or maybe Zane Garrett from Cut & Run.

As for team names? LOL I am absolutely horrible at coming up with those, so I'm gonna leave the suggestions to the more creative among us. Seriously, I even tried a name generator to see what would come up and the first one had me LOLing so hard. It's a little raunchy so I'll put it under a spoiler tag. (view spoiler) It's like the Interwebz knows me! (And it wasn't even an NSFW site, just plain old team name generator.)

Sorry I'm running a little late today, but I do plan to check in almost every day - especially if I read a lot. First time doing THIS challenge...but man, I am a challenge addict so I'm sure I'll catch on pretty quickly.

Can't wait to get started!

message 17: by Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (last edited Dec 11, 2018 12:57AM) (new)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1127 comments So all I could think of was -

The BB Dungeoneers
The BB Jailers
Fictophilies Anonymous (or is it Fictophilia's?)
BB Polygamists

message 18: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments ⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣ wrote: "Good Afternoon! My name is Michaelle and I live in Las Vegas. Not working right now so I have plenty of time to read (and it passes the time waiting in Doctors' offices & whatnot).

I love all genr..."

Hilarious...I typed in ‘13 Book Boyfriend’ and the generator gave me ‘Nada Mosquitoes‘ ...didnt know something like this existed :)

message 19: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (last edited Dec 11, 2018 02:04AM) (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments I know, right? I've tried some random generators before but usually only the ones that don't have the option to add keywords or whatnot. All I did was use "Book Boyfriends." The answer I got was so funny I didn't even bother trying for another one from that site...

message 20: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 21463 comments Looking good here, just need to narrow that name list down to one and you are ready to start!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣ wrote: "Good Afternoon! My name is Michaelle and I live in Las Vegas. Not working right now so I have plenty of time to read (and it passes the time waiting in Doctors' offices & whatnot).

I love all genr..."

First of all, Zane Garrett is the BEST! Now I want to go back and reread the series.

Secondly, HAHAHAHAHA! That team name generator! It recommended "Giant Smoke Bitches" and I can't stop laughing.

Tammie, from the ones you posted, I like 13 Bachelors are Not Enough if you're looking for a vote. :)

message 22: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments I would go along with 13 Bachelors are Not Enough. :)

message 23: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments Pam wrote: "I would go along with 13 Bachelors are Not Enough. :)"

I'm good with that...

message 24: by Tammie (last edited Dec 12, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments I think we’ll go with that since 3/6 are ok...

message 25: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Challenge begins Sat @ 6 EST
We could possibly bonus if we are the 1st to post 4 finished books...we’ll have to get our feet wet on how much we want to try for this one.

If we all finish at least one book, we earn a bonus...my goal if for us to earn this bonus each week...but most important is to have some fun.

Feel free to start a discussion if you like...
Tomorrow I’m going to work on finding books for the most dreaded tasks for me...that’s usually how it goes for me...my least favs are usually what we end up starting with ;)

message 26: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments I was just reading the Q&A to make sure I was on the right page with the rules (again) and noticed that once 4 books are completed any team member can check in on the completion thread to let the Mod know.

As you're captain Tammie I wanted to make sure that's okay with you; don't want to step on anyone's toes (and I'm used to Captains having that role, but with the first team to finish 4 getting an extra rose I thought I'd check). If you don't mind can we make sure everyone knows that whoever posts the 4th book completed here needs to go post on the Check In thread that we're done, rather than wait? (Also, maybe numbering the comment as well, like if I finish the 3rd book I'd mark it as something like "Completion 3" or whatnot? However you want to handle it.)

Also liked that someone asked about the 4 book rule: that they can be 1 each from 4 of us or even all 4 from one person.

message 27: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (last edited Dec 12, 2018 07:05PM) (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments Tammie wrote: "Tomorrow I’m going to work on finding books for the most dreaded tasks for me..."

I think I'm going to go narrow down a choice for each option for Letter B right now...then work out the next possibilities after I've finished the mandatory one book.

message 28: by Tammie (last edited Dec 12, 2018 07:15PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Yep...me too...the letters will be in order...it just which task under each that we have to wait until it’s announced.

@All - I’d appreciate it if everyone checked in...any form at least by Sunday eve. A selection post isn’t required but sharing what we are reading can be helpful to others.

Please, if you aren’t sure if your book qualifies, please inquire here so we can weigh in...nothing worse than having it read and finding out it won’t work.

****I’ll try to keep up with completions, but whoever finishes the 4th book completed book for our team, should go ahead and post our team Completion in the Completion thread if no other team has done so (this applies for the team bonus only)...I’ll post instructions and a link at the top of this page by tomorrow. You can let us all know it’s done here in our team thread****

message 29: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments Tammie wrote: "Please, if you aren’t sure if your book qualifies, please inquire here so we can weigh in...nothing worse than having it read and finding out it won’t work. "

LOL I'm clearing two of my options right now...

message 30: by Tammie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 05:39AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments ⚣❣☙ Michaelle ❧❣⚣ wrote: "I was just reading the Q&A to make sure I was on the right page with the rules (again) and noticed that once 4 books are completed any team member can check in on the completion thread to let the M..."

No toe problems here! I like to post the first call...but other than that, if anyone is online and I haven’t posted the call...feel free!

*I will plan to post our team Completion on Sat am early. If there is a conflict, I’ll ask one of you to help. It will be most helpful if everyone will give an idea of last minute postings so we aren’t waiting until the 11th hour each week. Your final book completion each week must be posted prior to midnight on Friday or it won’t count.

message 31: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Tammie wrote: "Yep...me too...the letters will be in order...it just which task under each that we have to wait until it’s announced.

@All - I’d appreciate it if everyone checked in...any form at least by Sunda..."

Tammie I have picked a book for each of the B options. How do I check that they fit? Do I give the titles to you?

message 32: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Pam wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Yep...me too...the letters will be in order...it just which task under each that we have to wait until it’s announced.

@All - I’d appreciate it if everyone checked in...any form at..."

If you aren’t sure if they fit you can ask here or in the QA thread...I’m happy to help...I’ve got mine too...patiently...not so...waiting for the call...hehe!

message 33: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments *Revised post 31

message 34: by Tammie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 06:06AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments If this helps anyone...I’m going to read Sweeter than Ever if ‘Bank’ or ‘Book’ is called. It’s 100 pgs...this will help with the 4book bonus. For ‘bank’ the précis calls out movie star and it’s also tagged once as ‘billionaire’
I’ve got a lot of freebies to choose from for the other two as my ’own-kindle’ shelf has 400 books...feel free to look through it or any of my shelves if it helps you.

message 35: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Tammie did you get my list of books?

message 36: by Tammie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 08:29AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Pam wrote: "Tammie did you get my list of books?"

I didn’t Pam...you can post the questions here or message me. I’ll friend you now if we aren’t already

message 37: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Tammie wrote: "Pam wrote: "Tammie did you get my list of books?"

I didn’t Pam...you can post the questions here or message me. I’ll friend you now if we aren’t already"

Bargain-Verity by Colleen Hoover (Kindle Unlimited)
Brave-Her Devoted Hero by Caitlyn O'Leary
Bank- Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe

Bring on Saturday can't wait!!

message 38: by Tammie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 09:14AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Pam wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Pam wrote: "Tammie did you get my list of books?"

I didn’t Pam...you can post the questions here or message me. I’ll friend you now if we aren’t already"

Bargain-Verity by Colleen ..."

These will all work...as long as your bargain book...you got if free, from the library...just so you didn't pay for it...I think there was a QA question on Kindle Unlimited...let me check on that.

Pam...do you know how to link a book to a thread? If not, we can help you with that...just ask. You'll need to do this for your completion posts...be sure to link up the right version if covers are different or page counts are close to minimum.

@ALL...Questions...just ask...we were all new to this at one point or another.

message 39: by Tammie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 09:23AM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Here is the link to MK's post regarding KU books:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

OK to use

message 40: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Thanks Tammie, I had read the kindle unlimited post. I will need help with posting the link to the thread. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading. My TBR list only has about 400. Lol

message 41: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Sarah wrote: "So should we be picking books out for each letter so we are ready?

Are we suppose to post our books so that you can check to make sure that they fit the category?"

Hi Sarah, I did this because this is my first time doing one of the challenges and am just learning how it works. I wanted to have my choices ready and approved so that I could start reading as soon as the category is announced.

message 42: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (last edited Dec 13, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments Sarah wrote: "So should we be picking books out for each letter so we are ready?"

I did for the first one only because I don't want to waste any valuable reading time trying to find books that will qualify. I'm a bit competitive, in case you can't tell!

Actually, since I have more time today I might just go ahead and get the next two letter tasks lined up with potential books. And get approval if I have questions. I hate waiting for answers when I could be reading!

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1127 comments You all appear to be in the US so I'm kind of a hindrance to you I'm afraid.

message 44: by Tammie (last edited Dec 13, 2018 03:31PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Tink Magoo is bad at reviews wrote: "You all appear to be in the US so I'm kind of a hindrance to you I'm afraid."

No hindrance Tink...every team likely has at least one non US teamie. Please happily play with us!

@Sarah...I like to pick early because I use my library most of the time...trying to stick to what I really want to read. Michaelle’s point is a good one in that if we don’t have to spend time ‘finding’ our books, we can be reading and getting that bonus behind us. Take the pace that’s comfortable for you... :)

I’m competitive as well...but ‘the hunt’ is probably my favorite part next to actually reading.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews wrote: "You all appear to be in the US so I'm kind of a hindrance to you I'm afraid."

Not a hindrance at all! Only deadline of any sort is the completion post by Friday if you were able to get that weeks challenge done. And if not, well, that's why we're a team!

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews (tinkmagoo) | 1127 comments I can do that no problem. It's the bonus for being the first team to finish that we may miss out on as the call is around 11pm for me

message 47: by ⚣Michaelle⚣ (new)

⚣Michaelle⚣ (michaelle) | 1187 comments Don't worry Tink, and don't stress over it. I'm sure that there are other teams with members on the same time zone as you are...and we'll have plenty of opportunities to get those roses!

message 48: by Tammie (last edited Dec 15, 2018 03:06PM) (new)

Tammie | 1644 comments Date 1 - B—B is for Bank

Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.

You have until Friday, December 21 @ Midnight US EST to post your completion(s).

Please ensure that your completion post conforms to message #2 of your team thread. (See below)

————
Ok...here we go!

Please...if you are the fourth to finish, post our finish in the QA announcement thread. At the top of our chain, I’ve posted a link.

Be sure your completion posts include the following...

Date Task
Book/cover link
Page numbers
How book qualified, with links or cover as necessary.
Dated Completed with Rating.
If this is your second (or more) book for the task, also include that information.

message 49: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Do we post here as we finish this book? I may need instructions on how to post the book/cover link.

message 50: by Pam from Maine (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Tammie wrote: "Date 1 - B—B is for Bank

Read a book with a wealthy character, in précis or tagged to describe.

You have until Friday, December 21 @ Midnight US EST to post your completion(s).

Please ensure tha..."

Tammie do we post here when we finish this book? I may need help posting the book/cover link.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7