The Writing Desk discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 69 (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Panic!AtTheWritingDesk (panicatthewritingdesk) | 639 comments Mod
This is a section for introductions, questions, and other fun group activities...

First task:
Comment "hello, my names is (your user name). I (1-3 interesting facts about yourself)."

Example:
Mine would be....
Hello, my name is Panic!AtTheWritingDesk. I have 13 horses at home (4 miniature horses and 9 american paint horses), LOVE to read and write, and have a knack for "the arts" such as art, dance, music, etc.

I hope everyone will take the time to do this....
:)
As always, have fun,
P!ATWD

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello and thank you for the invitation to this wonderful group along with the friend request, Panic!AtTheWritingDesk! My name is Kaitlyn and I am a country girl in the Pine Tree State, Maine. My passion is photography but I also adore writing. Some folks say I should become a poet due to my moreover spiritual sense of the world... but it isn't something I think, personally, I am good at. :p
I love writing romance fantasies/mysteries but I also love writing Steampunk crime/thriller.
I enjoy mechanics, mythology research, and in my past time, I love- Ornithology (my dream career).
To those of you in whom think I'm making up words, lol, Ornithology is the scientific study of birds.

I raise 25 chickens, 30-something fish, one Guinea hen, and two Shetland Sheepdogs. I love to learn about different agriculture, but aside from that type of agriculture, I love encouraging the agriculture of country living and farming for natural foods/supplies.

I'm a very peculiar, random person that isn't the sharpest tool in the shed... but I love making friendships and I love to learn new things.

God bless. 🐦

message 3: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Kaitlyn wrote: "Hello and thank you for the invitation to this wonderful group along with the friend request, Panic!AtTheWritingDesk! My name is Kaitlyn and I am a country girl in the Pine Tree State, Maine. My pa..."

Oh me goodness THANK YOU!!! I was beginning to think this whole thing was a lost cause!!! XD

message 4: by Austin (new)

Austin Hi I'm Austin I live in the freezing cold Midwest. I'm going to college to be an engineer. I enjoy math an numbers, and am an amateur writer. Still am God aweful at spelling, after all these years.

I joined this group because I was wondering if I could get some help. My friend is a bit better at writing than I am. But he is very nervous about criticism. So I posted the first two chapters to his book under my writing. I was wondering if I could get some productive criticism on the stories to make them better.

Thanks

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi.
Although ‘Light in August’ was dreadfully dull,
I found a current likeness in the character Joe Christmas.
So, may Joe Christmas serve as my name until further notice.
And soon, to my scribblings.
Thanx.

message 6: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Austin wrote: "Hi I'm Austin I live in the freezing cold Midwest. I'm going to college to be an engineer. I enjoy math an numbers, and am an amateur writer. Still am God aweful at spelling, after all these years...."

Sure thing. That's exactly what this group is for. Just post your work in the chat board:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
And then look at the feedback board within a couple of days (weekends excluded):
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 7: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Hi, I'm Harper! I love Jesus, I love Harry Potter, I love to write, and I love to add my own scenes to books!
I am currently writing a book. I like to write and read fantasy, and YA. But also others. I hope to learn lots with this group, and hopefully I can give a few pointers!

message 8: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Harper Nicole wrote: "Hi, I'm Harper! I love Jesus, I love Harry Potter, I love to write, and I love to add my own scenes to books!
I am currently writing a book. I like to write and read fantasy, and YA. But also othe..."

Absolutely!
Welcome, and glad to have you here with us. Post away! :)

message 9: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Write about/comment your favorite food.

message 10: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Lasagna, is the only key to happiness.
And the best recipe to my bad health.

message 11: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

XD Awesome.
Ummmmmm...
Anything but grapefruit and broccoli at the present time... (keep in mind that I've not tried every food in the word.. XD)

message 12: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) I love both grapefruit and broccoli. I HATE seafood.

message 13: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Harper Nicole wrote: "I love both grapefruit and broccoli. I HATE seafood."
XD we are two very different people then... XD glad to have you here though :)

message 14: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Thank you. It's a pleasure.

message 15: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 4 comments Hi, everyone! I'm Tokkie the Extroverted Meerkat :D, but i just go by Tokkie (Much faster to type 😅🙈). Ummm, i grew up in South Africa, but now live in China with my family. I have two cats, a frog, and a bird. @Panic!AtTheWritingDesk WOW! I love horses!! I used to have one (A beautiful stallion) but when i moved to china i had to give him away 😭.
I love painting and DIY things, have a feeling i'm pretty terrible at them, but don't really care because it's fun xD
Thank you Kaitlyn for the invite! When i saw it i thought to myself, "This is amazing!" because i love writing, but haven't really shared any of my work (Not that I've finished much...)

message 16: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Hi!

message 17: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Welcome! I just joined so it's not really my place to welcome you, but hey. I'm doing it anyway.

message 18: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 4 comments Thank you! :D

message 19: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Tokkie the Extroverted Meerkat wrote: "Hi, everyone! I'm Tokkie the Extroverted Meerkat :D, but i just go by Tokkie (Much faster to type 😅🙈). Ummm, i grew up in South Africa, but now live in China with my family. I have two cats, a frog..."

XD Awesome! I'm sad to hear about your horse! I could never imagine having to leave mine (I miss them whenever i'm gone even if it's only for a couple of hours XD). Painting and drawing are ALWAYS cool, no matter how good you are at them. Have fun with it. :)
It's a pleasure to have you and feel free to post as you'd like, but follow rules and be considerate as always... XD
-P!ATWD

message 20: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Okey... Yet another one... I'll make it super hard k? XD Comment "hi" on this chat board. That's it, and have a great day... XD

message 21: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Hi.

message 22: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (puffyliquid) | 4 comments This is kinda late, but... Hiiiii!!!!!

message 23: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Ha!

message 24: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (last edited Jan 09, 2019 06:41AM) (new)

It’s never too late! XD
I haven’t been on for a while, but here’s something else to try...
Post your favorite animal
OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!! And a new year resolution!!!

message 25: by Quiet_Stream (new)

Quiet_Stream | 16 comments Elephant, and to... IDK, bake tasty food I guess...

orange.blossomgirl (flowersforallmyrooms) | 1 comments hey !

i'm seasonschangemymind, which is a Lorde lyric from her song Writer in the Dark. Lorde is my biggest inspiration in life, she has taught me a lot through her music, her actions and her principles so I have a lot of love to share for her. I am super super into music, it comes to me as a form of therapy - there's nothing better than putting on your favourite song and just dancing around to it.
I am from the UK but I am kind of obsessed with New Zealand, it is one of my greatest dreams to live there one day, I hope I'd be pretty well suited to the country and it's culture and ways of life.

I love to read, I am majorly into self help stuff at the minute, I'm constantly searching for ways to change and improve my life to benefit my mental health.

Happy 2019 !!

message 27: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

seasonschangemymind wrote: "hey !

i'm seasonschangemymind, which is a Lorde lyric from her song Writer in the Dark. Lorde is my biggest inspiration in life, she has taught me a lot through her music, her actions and her prin..."

XD It is a pleasure to have you! Welcome to TheWritingDesk! I hope you find your time on here enjoyable and useful. :) You may find, through time, that the more active you tend to be, the more useful/fun this group can be, but that is completely up to you! Also, I'm P!ATWD, your ultra annoying moderator! I try to be as helpful/active as possible and not miss replying to things. I also put a lot of faces in my writing because it feel more personable too me. XD Music is great, and Lorde was one of my favorite artists back in the day (even though i'm still super young #2003 XD). Though my personal tastes tend to lean more toward alt. rock these days, I find all kinds of music helpful to the mind, like you said, as a form of therapy. It's also like it's own language and can be interpreted in so many ways by so many different people, which is awesome, and it can form bonds between people that otherwise may not have existed... so yah... there's my spule on music XD... The UK is great, oh me goodness! I live in the US, but I've literally had a fascination with Britain since I was two. IDK why, I just have XD... so that's super cool. Anyhow, welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time with us at TheWritingDesk (just ignore the crazy mod XD)...

message 28: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Okay,

My name is Kimberly Brown. Though I used to mostly go by GuardianWolfKim, that’s my pen name.

I was born in 1987 I’ll let you do the math ;-)

I’m in author, and have managed to have one book published. It’s called “April fools in love“ with my co-author Amanda Marie. It wasn’t for her it wouldn’t of happened :-)

I have possibly an unhealthy obsession with wolves waterfalls and unicorns.

I have been role-playing for around 20 years and I refuse to grow up. XD

message 29: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Okay,

My name is Kimberly Brown. Though I used to mostly go by GuardianWolfKim, that’s my pen name.

I was born in 1987 I’ll let you do the math ;-)

I’m in author, and have managed to have one bo..."

Very excited to have you here!!! XD And growing up is overrated... ^-^

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Brown (guardianwolfkim) Haha, thanks!

And very much so! I’m happier this way (-;

message 31: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Hi, my name is Markus! I'd like to believe that I'm either weird in a good way, or good in a weird way :)
Fact, the first: I've played guitar for over half my life, and am good enough to make music I enjoy. (Thus, I don't really do practice anymore.)
Fact, the second: I don't actually feel like I read a lot (used to read a lot more when I was younger), so I'm hoping to get more reading done.
Fact, the third: I've enjoyed playing around with language for a long time, but only realized that I could actually try to be a writer about a year ago.

message 32: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Markus wrote: "Hi, my name is Markus! I'd like to believe that I'm either weird in a good way, or good in a weird way :)
Fact, the first: I've played guitar for over half my life, and am good enough to make musi..."

Awesome, and welcome to TheWritingDesk! I hope you find your time here useful to all of your writing pursuits... XD We are willing to help you as much as you help yourself, so being active is the best way to build a writing skill set... anyhow, nice to meet you. :)

message 33: by Eric (new)

Eric Fisk (efisk) | 4 comments Thank you

message 34: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Eric wrote: "Thank you"

Not a problem... :)

message 35: by Jaylen (new)

Jaylen | 1 comments Hey I'm Jaylen! I'm a sophomore Professional Writing major in my hometown (Norman, its in the states... ) I have a total of three tbr piles now and it will probably only get worse for me. Just because I have no time to read for fun with classes now. I'm a leftie and strongly believe lefties are meant to unite against the righties of this world. (jk) Also am African American And part Native American . I have no chill with whats happening with our government right now at all and tune it all out with loud music. Constantly.

message 36: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Jessica wrote: "Hey I'm Jaylen! I'm a sophomore Professional Writing major in my hometown (Norman, its in the states... ) I have a total of three tbr piles now and it will probably only get worse for me. Just beca..."

XD Well then, Jessica, it is very nice to meet you! Welcome to TheWrittingDesk... :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello! I'm Josephine.
I love to read, write and perform. I am an Editor and Reporter for a local homeschool Newspaper and I love doing that and helping out my fellow writer's.
this group looks fantastic and I can't wait to talk with you all.

message 38: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Hello, Josephine! It is very nice to have you here! Thank you for the compliments, and welcome to TheWritingDesk! I'm sure we all look forward to talking as well! XD

message 39: by Tamra (new)

Tamra  (pleasereadbiothankyou) | 123 comments Mod
I'm Tamra, I suck at these things. I am a junior in high school, almost done, thank goodness. I will be 17 next month on the 26th. uhh, i draw, paint, and read. I LOVE to rp. I don't know what else to say, so byeeee

One-Edgy-Anti-Hero  (one-edgy-anti-hero) | 1 comments Hello :D Well, my username's One-Edgy-Anti-Hero but you can call me Kat, or shorten that username if you want haha. I am currently within a junior college, readying for transfer to a legit college. I major in English and love writing. I have to many favorite books but I do love A Song of Ice and Fire.

As for rping...I've done it a "few" times in the past, maybe I'll get involved here for fun (Cause writing anything away from my current creative projects at this point in the middle of a block would be great lol! Need a break.)

message 41: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Nice to meet you Kat! Welcome to TheWritingDesk. :)

message 42: by Sarah (last edited Apr 22, 2019 07:06AM) (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments Hi, I’m Sarah04, and I am a young writer. I am 14 and do enjoy both reading and writing, probably causing my reacher some stress when we had to write a short story, mine was 27 pages after all.
I love school- every subject, with Biology English and Math as my top three, followed by History and French( which are tied)
I love the environment/science- So I do care about the environment, but I’m not insane. I participate in Envirothon if you know what it is.
As I mentioned, I love reading and writing- I am an avid reader, not writer. When I do write, it is detailed and lengthy. When I become an adult, I would like at least one book published, but we’ll see how that goes.

message 43: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

This is delayed, but hey Sarah!
Welcome to TheWritingDesk! XD

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments Thanks!

message 45: by Kit-Kat (new)

Kit-Kat Hi I’m Katarina, or Kat for short.
I own five cats, a turtle, and two fish. I hope to become a writer someday and have people enjoy my stories. (I write fantasy btw)
I’m in High School and hope that some of my real life friendships last forever <3

message 46: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments Welcome to the WritingDesk Kat! What is your turtles name if you don’t mind my asking? I have a teacher with two turtles in their room: Mertyl (you know what I mean, hopefully, I have no idea how to spell it) and Leonardo.

message 47: by Kit-Kat (new)

Kit-Kat His name is Turkleton

message 48: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments Love that! What about the other pets?

message 49: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Katarina wrote: "Hi I’m Katarina, or Kat for short.
I own five cats, a turtle, and two fish. I hope to become a writer someday and have people enjoy my stories. (I write fantasy btw)
I’m in High School and hope th..."

Hey Kat! It's nice to have you @ TheWritingDesk! I hope you enjoy!

P.S:
Oh me goodness! I has a turtle too! XD
And cats... Two of them... They are my babies XD
Though I don't have fish... What kind are yours?

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Knitter (sarah04) | 77 comments @Panic!AtTheWritingDesk

What is/are the name(s) of your turtle(s)?

« previous 1