The Writing Desk discussion

Sharing your GoodReads Stories > A place to share your original stories for others to read/enjoy

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Austin (new)

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Fisk (efisk) | 4 comments I am currently working on a book project that is an adaptation of a short film a friend of mine did. The first book is a beginning to the story and offers the background for his film that I will be putting into book form in the future. I decided to share it on goodreads to get some input on the direction its going. So far its just 3 chapters and I am working on a fourth. Thanks for your input and support.

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

message 3: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Panic!AtTheWritingDesk (panicatthewritingdesk) | 641 comments Mod
Eric wrote: "I am currently working on a book project that is an adaptation of a short film a friend of mine did. The first book is a beginning to the story and offers the background for his film that I will be..."

left a review in comment section... hope it helps :)
Looking good :)

message 4: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Eric wrote: "I am currently working on a book project that is an adaptation of a short film a friend of mine did. The first book is a beginning to the story and offers the background for his film that I will be..."

I left my comments for the whole thing at chapter 3! :)
I hope my attempts at being as helpful I can aren't received as too harsh.

message 5: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Short story I'm doing for this random contest on instagram. This is the third draft, so I figure it's time to try to get a bit of critique. Any feedback appreciated. Please don't hesitate to be critical or honest :)
(Don't be scared by the explicit warning. It's just to be safe because I used one single swear word.)

message 6: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Markus wrote: "Short story I'm doing for this random contest on instagram. This is the third draft, so I figure it's time to try to get a bit of critique. Any feedback appreciated. Please don't hesitate to be cri..."

Unfortunately, due to the explicit warning, I can not access, as I am under 18... XD
I'm sure someone will be able to help though. :)

message 7: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Panic!AtTheWritingDesk wrote: "Markus wrote: "Short story I'm doing for this random contest on instagram. This is the third draft, so I figure it's time to try to get a bit of critique. Any feedback appreciated. Please don't hes..."

Oh, that's too bad. Maybe it would be okay to remove it? I don't know all the rules for this site, but maybe a swear word isn't too bad.

message 8: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Markus wrote: "Panic!AtTheWritingDesk wrote: "Markus wrote: "Short story I'm doing for this random contest on instagram. This is the third draft, so I figure it's time to try to get a bit of critique. Any feedbac..."

I think it would be fine XD
I don't think one bad word is going to raise much alarm, and I've read MUCH worse that was, in fact, not censored and still posted so... \(o-0)/

message 9: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Panic!AtTheWritingDesk wrote: I think it would be fine XD
I don't think one bad word is going to raise much alarm, and I've read MUCH worse that was, in fact, not censored and still posted so... \(o-0)/

Okay, done! You should be able to read it now :)

message 10: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Yay! Thank you! ^-^

message 11: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Panic!AtTheWritingDesk wrote: "Yay! Thank you! ^-^"

I replied to your comment. I don't know if you get notified, so I'll say it here too: Thank you very much! :) My story flows way better now.

message 12: by Rumell (new)

Rumell Khan (rkrespectedmember) Good stories people.

message 13: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Thanks. :) I do believe that belongs in the Reveiws folder though... XD
JK
I don't really care anymore... XD
my life is pure insanity....

message 14: by Markus (new)

Markus | 16 comments Panic!AtTheWritingDesk wrote: "Thanks. :) I do believe that belongs in the Reveiws folder though... XD
JK
I don't really care anymore... XD
my life is pure insanity...."

I think pure insanity is a tad better than insane purity, so you've got that going for you :D

message 15: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Well stated XD
Unfortunately, it can be a bit overwhelming at times, but i suppose it is always an adventure... :)

message 16: by Jade (last edited Feb 20, 2019 05:18PM) (new)

Jade Rae | 2 comments Heres the beginning of my story. Hope you enjoy.

SHADOWSWORN 'An oath taken. A prophecy begun. A spirit reborn.'

message 17: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Jade wrote: "Heres the beginning of my story. Hope you enjoy.

SHADOWSWORN 'An oath taken. A prophecy begun. A spirit reborn.'

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/..."

((Left a review in comments!!! ^_^))

message 18: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Okay... XD
Haven't been to THIS board in a while...
*takes a deep breath*
*sigh*
I just haven't written in so long, save for RPs, and I took down my previous writing because it made me feel insecure, odd, almost like I had dumped my soul into some sort of jar for everyone to gawk at...
IDK...
So I took the pages down but left the links up in case I wanted to start up again....
And here I am.
Starting again.
I hope someone will read and enjoy, even though it's only one page as of yet, but it's one page that I almost didn't write but had to because writing is a good way to let go of the constant "what if"s...
And, so, here is the link:
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions.
I feel like, even though this one isn't an original, it's going to be the one that gives me back the security I once felt in posting my writing, and I could really use feedback to improve the quality of my work so... Any and all suggestions welcome!
Sincerely,
P!ATWD

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Hi, I'm writing for fun and would love feedback on my first chapter to see what readers want more of in the coming chapters. It's a new adult book. Link here: https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

Please leave me some comments of what you like and where I can improve and develop. Thank you so much in advance!

message 20: by Panic!AtTheWritingDesk, Creator of TheWritingDesk (new)

Lauren wrote: "Hi, I'm writing for fun and would love feedback on my first chapter to see what readers want more of in the coming chapters. It's a new adult book. Link here: https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/1..."

Hello, Lauren!
I left a comment for you on your story!
I don't know how constructive you will find my response, because I thought it was wonderful to read and going somewhere... XD
Wishing you the best of luck in your writing endeavors.
-P!ATWD