What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Attack of the Tentacled Terror
This topic is about Attack of the Tentacled Terror
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book about a child whose grandma has magical sea powers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (last edited Dec 07, 2018 06:21AM) (new)

Amy | 5 comments Looking for a children's book about a child who goes to stay with their grandma for the summer. The grandma has magic sea-related powers.

SPOILERS:

After several strange incidents the grandchild discovers that their grandma has been captured by and is being impersonated by her evil twin sister.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5013 comments How many years ago did you read this?
What country were you in when you read this?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Amy, can we eliminate When the Sea Turned to Silver by John Pennington?

Around what year did you read (or first see) this book? This will help narrow down the search?

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments Tab wrote: "How many years ago did you read this?
What country were you in when you read this?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?"

Probably around 2002.
It wasn't part of a series.
I don't remember anything about the cover but it was a comedic style children's book.
The book takes place in modern times.
Thank you for helping!

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments Kris wrote: "Amy, can we eliminate When the Sea Turned to Silver by John Pennington?

Around what year did you read (or first see) this book? This will help narrow down the search?"

It isn't When the Sea Turned to Silver, the book was comedic with a similar tone to There's a Viking in my Bed, etc. I probably read it in around 2002 so the target age for the book is probably around 7-8. Thanks for your help!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments Also, I'm pretty sure the story takes place in the UK, possibly the USA.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 5 comments SOLVED: the book is Attack of the Tentacled Terror by Susan Gates.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35176 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Amy. Here's the link - Attack of the Tentacled Terror by Susan Gates.