Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > Top Three Books You Read in One Sitting

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4605 comments Mod
Share with us your favourite books you just couldn't put down!

(view spoiler)

message 2: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 3983 comments It's been a long time since I read a book in one sitting. The last ones I can remember were the Dragonlance Chronicles books. I loved those when I read them. Also embarrassingly enough, I read Twilight in one sitting, it was just so addicting even though now I look back and laugh about it.

message 3: by Soo (last edited Dec 06, 2018 10:56AM) (new)

Soo (silverlyn) | 4411 comments Most of my fav books are too long to read within a sitting but I have managed to do them within a day. So I'm gonna fudge this to favs within a day for me. Bwahaha

0) Murderbot <3 (But novellas so listed at count zero.)
1) Hollywood Dead
2) Andrea Vernon and the Corporation for UltraHuman Protection
3) The Forbidden Door

message 4: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 15507 comments First book that comes to mind is

1) Written in Red -- Others #1 by Anne Bishop... over 400 pages... 8-10hrs straight... could NOT put it down...

message 5: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7202 comments Mod
Mine are:

The Night Circus - Morgenstern [I got an arc from work and picked it up one Saturday morning on a total whim... It absorbed me]
Succubus Blues - Mead [One of the few series I ever binge-read (I always switch authors between books). I picked up the first one and cancelled plans and didn't stop reading until I had finished the series]
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Rowling [When I was 11, my aunt (who worked at the library) gave this to me and my mom to read because we "might like it" a couple weeks after it was first published. I tentatively opened it up... and 10 hours later I finished it. The rest is history lol]

message 6: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 7202 comments Mod
Timelord Iain (Eeyawn) wrote: "First book that comes to mind is

1) Written in Red -- Others #1 by Anne Bishop... over 400 pages... 8-10hrs straight... could NOT put it down..."

I am soooo bummed I seem to be the only person on the planet who didn't like this book. I WANT to like it. ::sobs::

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Perfect State - Sanderson short gem.

I really have to go way back other than that to a few classics.

Animal Farm
Of Mice and Men

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1027 comments Written in red used to be on my to-read list, but I took it off awhile ago.

message 9: by Shae (new)

Shae | 372 comments I don't think I've had the luxury of being able to read a book in one sitting since high school :-)

Here are my teen, short reads, top three:

1. The Wizard of Earthsea (Le Guin).
2. A Wrinkle in Time (L'Engle).
3. The Giver (Lowry).

message 10: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2144 comments I can listen to audiobooks while I work most of the time so I can do this pretty frequently if the book is around 8-10 hours or shorter.

1. The Sword of the Lictor by Gene Wolfe - listen to this today
2. The Riddle-Master of Hed by Patricia A. McKillip - last week sometime
3. Emperor series by Conn Iggulden - I listened to at least 3 of these in one sitting despite them not being great.

message 11: by Em Lost In Books (new)

Em Lost In Books (emlostinbooks) | 2321 comments A Ladder to the Sky, I was thinking of reading it slowly but all my plans went out of window once I finished first chapter. I had to see how it went.

Hidden Legacy trilogy. it took me ten days to read it first time but second time I read all three books in one sitting.

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, I read it in a single sitting everytime I read it. I have read it three times.