Start by marking “The Wall of Winnipeg and Me” as Want to Read:
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  40,250 Ratings  ·  4,347 Reviews
Vanessa Mazur knows she's doing the right thing. She shouldn't feel bad for quitting. Being an assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother to the top defensive end in the National Football Organization was always supposed to be temporary. She has plans and none of them include washing extra-large underwear longer than necessary.

But when Aiden Graves shows up at her door wanting
Published February 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, please sign up.
Jedd I know! I read this months ago and still go back to reading online threads from time to time for any updates on his POV. I just can't get over Aiden.…moreI know! I read this months ago and still go back to reading online threads from time to time for any updates on his POV. I just can't get over Aiden. I have an overwhelming curiosity about his thoughts!!(less)
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Deal by Elle KennedyUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataWait for It by Mariana Zapata
Slow romance
507 books — 1,259 voters
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana ZapataKulti by Mariana ZapataThe Hating Game by Sally  ThorneUnder Locke by Mariana ZapataThe V Girl by Mya Robarts
Slow-burn romance
321 books — 690 voters

More lists with this book...

Val ⚓️
***ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME***

So many re-reads, it's not even funny...

REVIEW:

5 "I Would Lick the Sweat Off Aiden's B@lls All Day, Every Day" Stars

After reading 2014's Under Locke and 2015's Kulti, I knew I enjoyed Mariana Zapata's shit.

But after reading this one I am officially so fucking #TeamZapata #TeamAiden #TeamMuscledHunkofSexyManMeat #RidiculousInstagram-likeParagraphofIdioticHastags that I'm going to make up my own nationally organized sport league (cause you know NFL...
Christy
5 'Team Graves' Stars!

photo 19029712_10103880525063538_8564933586234311876_n_zps6d2eoe9y.jpg

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me was a seriously addictive slow burn romance. Once I started the audio, I couldn’t stop listening. It was over 16 hours long, but I finished it within 48 hours. There was nothing about this book I didn’t love!

Vanessa Mazur has worked for pro football player, Aiden Graves for 2 years. Aides is quiet, curt, and drives Vanessa crazy. She’s his assistant, but she wants more than that. So, she decides to quit and follow her real passion. Aides is a b
◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
3.5 STARS!

OK, I have some good news and some bad news.

Let's start with the good news, shall we?

The theme. This is my first book by this author and I hope it won't be my last. I'm a sucker for romances where the couple starts out as friends or enemies. Combine that with a sports theme and I'm a goner.

The characters. I really liked both the hero and the heroine. The character build up was fantastic.

VANESSA. I think she’s awesome and I like her despite her constant insecurities about everything.
Candace
I listened to the audiobook version of 'The Wall of Winnipeg and Me' and it was fantastic! Talk about a terrific, slow-burn romance! I was completely sucked in to this story, little by little.

Aiden Graves is the formidable top defensive player in the National Football Organization. His single-minded focus on the sport has made him the best. He eats, lives and breathes football, paying little mind to anything or anyone else.

Accordingly, he is kind of oblivious to the goings on around him that do
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
5 "TEAM GRAVES" STARS

description

In the same vein as her hit book Kulti, Mariana Zapata delivers a SLOW BURN story of a personal assistant, Vanessa Mazur who has finally saved enough over the two years of working for the NFO’s best defenseman, Aiden “The Wall of Winnipeg” Graves to quit.

description

Throughout her two years of working for Aiden, he doesn’t even return a hello or appreciate her in slightest. To her surprise, when this man of few words shows at her doorstep asking for her to return working for him and th
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
description

Five words can sum up this book for me…

“Ovaries. Where are my ovaries?” – Vanessa

Usually, when a book is recommended to me and a lot of people seem to love it, 95% of the time I’m like the black sheep of the group, the one who doesn’t understand the hype. So I was a little reluctant to try this one out. But I am so freaking happy to say I loved this and completely get why it has been all over my Instagram and Goodreads feed and recommended multiple times.

I’m usually not a fan of slow burning b
Amy Harmon
Jun 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This one just really hit the spot for me. Great characters, slow burn romance, funny interactions, and when the heat finally hits, it's delicious. I read straight through the night and have thought about Aidan all day.
Brandi
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
description
I really enjoyed this slow burn romance. And it was a SLOW burn, but the payoff was perfect - I constantly had a cheesy grin on my face. The characters, the story, it was all simply wonderful.
Jodi Bibliophile
It's 3:39am and I've just finished one of the best books I've EVER read.

Seriously, I'm laying in bed bawling my fucking eyes out because I'm so fucking happy and so fucking sad at the same time cause it's all over.

Since October I never thought I would feel this way about a book again.

I don't even have the right words to express my feelings because my words just won't do this beautiful story justice.

Van & Aiden are EVERYTHING.

Oh fucking hell I can't fucking stop!!!

And seriously what twat fuc
Sophia Triad
A.W.E.S.O.M.E

I didn't sleep much last night, but it was worth it...

Aiden Graves the so-called:

I… irresistible
P… plant-eater
E… enormous
G… grumpy

The “You say it best when you say nothing at all” kind of guy. I loved him!

Vanessa Mazur, the girl who makes most of the noise when she is thinking and overanalyzing things. I felt for her. I really did.
It was not easy to be assistant/housekeeper/fairy godmother/ mother/ vegan cook/errandgirl/ p
Amy (Foxy)
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Reanell Tisdale
YES! Loved this one!

Two things got me to read this book:
1) I received a tweet from my best friend Sara telling me that said she had read this book and I needed to read it. The last time she said that to me was for a book I had passed over because the cover didn’t catch my eye. The original cover of 'The Hook Up' didn’t do it for me. Luckily, she told me to read it because it became one of my favorite reads of 2014.
2) Book Babes Unite had a giveaway offering 3 of Ms. Zapata’s books. I entered
Jen
5 Big Guy Stars

I don’t even know where to start with this review. The tale of Vanessa and Aiden snuck up on me and for that I’m forever grateful.

“You can’t live your life bottling everything up. You need people, even if it’s only one or two, to believe in you, and as smart as that boy is, he doesn’t understand that.”

The slowish start to this story has Vanessa working as an assistant to Aiden’s pro football playing self, a job she’s only mildly tolerating. Aiden only appears to mildly tolerate
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

Re-read April 2017

➦Well, surprisingly, I loved this book even more the second time around. I'm happy to report that the audio version is excellent!

➦If you love sports romances then this book is a must read! MUST READ!

Original Review:

❤Loved it, loved it, loved it!❤

➦I think it was a first sports romance I've read that showed how dedicated the athletes really are. Football is Aiden's life, his only true love. I loved "watching" Aiden take baby steps and learning how to be in a relationship. And wh
Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mariana Zapata fans, sport, romance
4 The Best Becoming the Best Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
For those who may not be familiar with the writings of Marina Zapata...reading the blurb could lead you to believe this was another romance book of "football player needing a pretend wife" and after 200 pages.... they admit they are in love ... the end. This book in nothing like that and this is due to the style of Zapata's writing. She never does anything easy... or glossed over.

This is the premise, a sort of fence to wrap around all of the
XxTainaxX
May 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a super sexy read? Well, can't say you'll find it here. Sweet? Well... eventually. Here you will find a very slow simmer. Very slow indeed. There's a lot of monologue and internalizing coming from the heroine. I won't lie and say I loved it all, but I will say that she had an interesting voice. She can be pretty hilarious at times, too. The hero, Aidan, is kind of (or maybe a lotta bit) a douche at first but the characterization is pretty amazing because his transformation ...more
Emma Chase
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emotional, sweet and real. Enjoyed this so much!!
Natasha Polis
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FEEL THE BURN

Slow burn. So good. Didn't want it to end. What a romance! I feel like I could watch more football now, I've researched it so much from this book.
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
There's just something about the strong, silent type that draws me in and melts my heart. Aiden is that kind of guy. This physically intimidating 'wall' of a man has a stubbornness about him that made me want to kick him in the nads - hard - and a vulnerability about him that, at times, made me want to weep and to bring him home and love him until neither of us remembered that a world outside of ourselves existed.

So, so good!

I might write a more in depth review later, or I might not, but I will
Pearl Angeli
4.5 The Wall of Asswipe Stars!

What an amazing slow burn romance. If there's one thing that's truly apparent in this book, it's the spot-on perfect writing style of Mariana Zapata. I loved every single one of her lines, her characters' snappy dialogues, and the humor that she incorporated. She has truly brought out all the very best elements of a sports romance to keep the readers engaged.

The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is a hate-to-love story between the characters Vanessa Mazur and the NFO Defensiv
Parvathy
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

5 'Wall of Winnipeg' Stars...

An amazing, beautiful, scintillating and unforgettable love story which will hold your heart captive forever...

Vanessa Mazur is the personal assistant/housekeeper for the top defensive end of National Football Organisation, Aiden Graves. After working for him for two years she feels it's high time that she quits her job to follow her dream. But when Aiden wants her to come back and work for him, she is shocked beyond words that the man dubbed 'The Wall of Winnip
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
This may be the best book I have read, EVER!
There are 100's of awesome reviews out there already, so I'll keep this simple and short.
This is a beautifully written story. It takes its time, it gives us the time to watch Aiden & Vanessa build something simply amazing. Let me repeat, it takes its time......

This book is an intense slow burn read, packed full of hair pulling and nail biting. I was cussing Aiden frequently and kicking Vanessa throughout most of this book. All with good reason, t
Manju
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Scratch four, this deserve five stars. Third reading and nothing has changed. Magic is intact and if possible I am in love with this story more than ever.

"Yeah, my throat and tongue thought they were the Sahara. My eyes on the other hand wanted to be the Amazon. I didn't even realized I needed to sniffle until I did it. As much as I'd been telling myself over the last two days that I'd imagined being a wee bit in love with him, my heart held on to the truth. I hated it, but I was. I recognized
Mo
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

I liked it but I didn't love it. Maybe my expectations were way too high as Kulti was one of my favourite reads from last year.

I know her books are a slow burn but this one was a bit too slow. I sort of felt their relationship didn't develop that much throughout the book and some parts of the book felt repetitive.

"I like you as much as I like anyone."

"We're partners. We're a team. You said it."

"I'm starting to understand that you can always make time for the things that matter."

O
Bibi
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
May 19, 2016

I loved the first 3 chapters and anticipated a swift escalation of Aiden and Vanessa's relationship but in the end, I gave up and chose to not finish the book.

I will say that I did not like Vanessa AT ALL because she seemed angry perpetually, and her introspections were exasperating.

Moreover, she goes from taking care of Aiden 24/7 to not caring if he had a decent meal and he, from a guy who needed sheets changed thrice weekly to not being bothered? These facts bugged me but ultim
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!! Can you believe it had running in it and I still loved it???? :P

Ivy Deluca
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Edited to add Mariana's inspiration for Aiden because...damn. Thank you Mariana.
description

The Wall of Winnipeg, aka Aiden Graves, is the premier defensive end for the Three Hundreds, a team in the National Football Organization. Vanessa Mazur is his assistant. For two years, Vanessa has taken care of Aiden’s meals, his home, his emails and social media, everything. Until the day when she was ready to give it all up. She’d had enough. She quits to focus on her dreams and says no more. Then Aiden makes her
Stacey is Sassy
Jul 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio

I couldn’t help myself…

I buy audio books for my in-between reads. I like to listen to audiobooks when I’m catching the train to work, baking or exercising (which I should do more of). Well, there was a slight problem with The Wall of Winnipeg and Me, it was too good. I couldn’t bring myself to stop listening. What normally would have lasted me a couple of weeks lasted me a couple of days. I was sucked into the story from the very first minute. The narrator had a voice that was easy to listen to,
Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Review at Of Pens and Pages

Bam! I'm pregnant.

Slow romance + Sports + Marriage of Convenience + Me = Dead.

I am warning you now. This review is going to be long!

This book. This book. I have read Winnie (as Mariana Zapata likes to call The Wall of Winnipeg and Me) more times than I'm proud to admit. That is how much I love this book.

Vanessa Mazur has been the assistant of The Three Hundreds' defensive end, Aiden "The Wall of Winnipeg" Graves, for the last two years, and is now ready to open a new
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me
AUTHOR: Mariana Zapata
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: February 29th, 2016

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yes!! I've been eagerly waiting patiently (well not so patiently I've been stalking the author relentlessly for release day) to one click this bugga!!

“What do you say to the man who is used to getting everything he wants?”

Vanessa is the personal assistant/housekeeper/dogs body on beck and call 24/7 for Aiden Graves.
After working for him for two years she knows it's
YA Buddy Readers'...: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata -- Starting June 7th 2018 18 24 Jun 21, 2018 11:36AM
More of this.... 36 475 May 14, 2017 09:46PM
Turning Pages At ...: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me 39 117 Mar 20, 2016 05:38AM
  • Ninja at First Sight (Knitting in the City, #4.75)
  • Black Diamond (Stark Springs Academy #1)
  • The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • Fearless (Dartmoor, #1)
  • Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill, #2)
  • Devious Minds (Devious Minds, #1)
  • Waking Olivia
  • Jockblocked (Gridiron, #2)
  • Anything but Minor (Balls in Play, #1)
  • The Traveling Woman (Traveling, #2)
  • The Do-Over
  • The Year We Hid Away (The Ivy Years, #2)
  • Hyde and Seek (Hyde #1)
“I don't know," I stuttered, "Do you love me?"
His gaze was so intent the entire world seemed to stop. "You tell me. I never stop thinking about you. I worry about you all the time. Every beautiful thing I see reminds me of you. I can't finish my practices in Colorado with out wishing you were around," he said in a steady tone. "You tell me what I feel.”
103 likes
“I'm starting to understand that you can always make time for the things that matter.” 77 likes