What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Candidates (Delcroix Academy, #1)
This topic is about The Candidates
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Girl with power to change future with imagination goes to prestigious high school. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Ruane | 4 comments I read this book around 2013. The book is about a girl with the power that when she thinks about something happening it happens. An example in the book is she stops a robbery by imagining that the robber trips and hits his head on a table which ends up happening. She gets accepted to a private prestigious high school and she doesn't know why. She gets in after a meeting she has with a senior student from said high school in her home where he shakes her hand and there is a literal zap. spoilers from now on... this school ends up being a training school for kids with latent superpowers. For example, a girl who seems to just be a good actor actually has the power to shapeshift and just doesn't realize it yet. The senior who shook the protagonists hand at the meeting has the power to find these kids with powers by shaking their hands and feeling a zap. At the end of the book she finds out the school has bad intentions and teams up with a boy who has the power to manipulate the form of matter (ie solid, liquid, gas). The final scene is the boy getting chased in a car by bad men with guns as he protects himself by solidifying the air around him. Thank you for reading and I hope someone remembers this book!

message 3: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine Ruane | 4 comments Kris wrote: "The Candidates by Inara Scott? Sample review - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

I cannot thank you enough!!! This is the book! I'm so excited to read book two now thank you.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your book series, Madeleine.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Candidates (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Inara Scott (other topics)