The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

59 views
TASK HELP: Winter Challenge 2018 > 25.9 - Brooke TX's Task: Winter Solstice

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Dec 05, 2018 08:31AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4535 comments Mod
25.9 - Brooke TX's Task: Winter Solstice

This is a two book task.

ONE book used for this task may have the MPG "Sequential Art," "Graphic Novel," "Comics," "Comic Book," or "Manga." Books with the MPGs of Graphic Novels, Comics, Manga, and Sequential Art are allowed for this task.

REQUIRED: Your Book 1 selection must have a higher page count than your Book 2 selection.

Book 1: Read a book with a title of at least two words, where the initial letters of all of the words in the title can be found in the phrase THE LONGEST NIGHT.

Book 2: Read a book with a title of at least two words, where the initial letters of all of the words in the title can be found in the phrase THE SHORTEST DAY.


message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Reserved.


message 3: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Reserved.


message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4535 comments Mod
This thread is now open.


message 5: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1672 comments I would like to get approval for Stake & Eggs for Option1. Do I have to have to count the ampersand as a word?


message 6: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Wanda wrote: "I would like to get approval for Stake & Eggs for Option1. Do I have to have to count the ampersand as a word?"

Sorry I missed this! I would say that the ampersand is punctuation, not a word, so Stake & Eggs would work for either option.


message 7: by Book Concierge (last edited Jan 21, 2019 06:40AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3655 comments From the FAQs

2. What about titles that begin with numbers or symbols or include a number or symbol as a standalone word?
In that case, the number or symbol counts as a word in the title or as the first letter of a word in a title. So, if a task calls for the initial letter of each word to be found in a target word or phrase, the number or symbol must be found in that target word or phrase. And, if the title must begin with a specific letter, a number or symbol will not count as a letter. For instance, 1984 could not be used for an "initial letter in a word" task unless the numeral 1 appeared in the target word. And if the title must begin with a specific letter, this book could not be used as beginning with an "N."


message 8: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1672 comments So you have to include the subtitle?

For Orc Road Trip: Racial Tensions Book 1 could I use Orc Road Trip as the title?


message 9: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Wanda wrote: "So you have to include the subtitle?

For Orc Road Trip: Racial Tensions Book 1 could I use Orc Road Trip as the title?"


Sorry - I thought I had notifications turned on for this thread, but apparently not! Subtitles may be ignored, so this will work.


message 10: by Wanda (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1672 comments Brooke wrote: "Wanda wrote: "So you have to include the subtitle?

For Orc Road Trip: Racial Tensions Book 1 could I use Orc Road Trip as the title?"

Sorry - I thought I had notifications turned ..."


No problem, thanks!


message 11: by Wanda (last edited Feb 08, 2019 04:14PM) (new)

Wanda (oma1229) | 1672 comments Ignore post


message 12: by Joanne (last edited Feb 15, 2019 10:01AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 921 comments Brooke wrote: "Wanda wrote: "So you have to include the subtitle?

"

But can you use the sub-title?


message 13: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1419 comments Joanne wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Wanda wrote: "So you have to include the subtitle?

"

But can you use the sub-title?"


The title (not including the subtitle) must be two words, with the initial letters found in the phrase. It doesn't matter whether or not the initial letters of the subtitle (if there is one) are also found in the phrase.


message 14: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 921 comments Brooke wrote: "Joanne wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Wanda wrote: "So you have to include the subtitle?

"

But can you use the sub-title?"

The title (not including the subtitle) must be two words, with the initial lett..."



Lord-I do not know why I keep reading this one wrong! sorry


back to top