EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up Book Club discussion

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
This topic is about Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
CLASSICS READS > The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Pre-Read

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 1108 comments This is the pre-read discussion. Please no spoilers! Who’s joining in this month?

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 1013 comments I'll be reading free from Project Gutenberg on my tablet. I'd love to know if any of you have an illustrated and/or annotated edition....

Susanna | 4 comments I am reading it!

Zainab Al Lawati (zainaballawati) | 221 comments I am so happy this is finally picked up for a group read. I found a copy within my mom's abandoned library and it has 8 colourfull illustrations :D
This is my edition Cheryl The strange case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ; and, the beach of Falesá

Now that I wrote my edition here I realised it has "the beach of Falesá" story attached to it. Oh well, a bonus story is rarely a bad thing :D

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 1013 comments I'd love to fix that entry, Zainab. Who is the illustrator? Can you post an image of the cover, or a link to one?

Zainab Al Lawati (zainaballawati) | 221 comments Cheryl wrote: "I'd love to fix that entry, Zainab. Who is the illustrator? Can you post an image of the cover, or a link to one?"

Thank you Cheryl, it bothered me too :p
I am planning to fix it as I would need sometime to scan the cover ^^

Renee (elenarenee) I am discussing and rereading this. It is not one of my favorites. I do think it is very discussable

message 9: by Momina (new) - added it

Momina I am reading this too! Always had the book but never got round to it!

Melanie I’m only a little way in. The choice of narrator surprised me a little. Obviously I’m familiar with the story. I had assumed Dr. Jekyll would be the narrator, not a random 3rd party. The choice definitely adds suspense.

message 11: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim WV | 95 comments Is anyone reading an edition that's only 88 pages long? I have this book but it's short.

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) | 1013 comments My edition is 68 pp, with illustrations. It is a short book; don't worry you haven't got an abridgement.

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim WV | 95 comments Cheryl wrote: "My edition is 68 pp, with illustrations. It is a short book; don't worry you haven't got an abridgement."

Ok. Good ;)