EVERYONE Has Read This but Me - The Catch-Up Book Club discussion

The Thirteenth Tale
This topic is about The Thirteenth Tale
MODERN CLASSICS/POPULAR READS > The Thirteenth Tale - Pre-Read

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joanna Loves Reading (joannalovesreading) | 1117 comments Mod
This is the pre-read discussion. Please no spoilers! Who will be joining in this month?

Jemma (captainjemima) I'm reading! I just started and I'm hooked already by what sort of mystery this book holds.

Renee (elenarenee) I read this and didn't enjoy it. I am not going to do a reread but will follow the discussion. I have found that often discussions help me to change my opinion of a book

message 4: by Cheryl (new) - added it

Cheryl (cherylllr) | 976 comments I have it and plan to start today.

Renee, that happens to me, too. I am not sure I'll like this, but I hope so. I'm not fond of mysteries.

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catjackson) I've just gotten the audio, but am also in the process of finishing A Christmas Carol and one other book on audio so won't get to it for a bit. Am also in the midst of end of semester grading. I feel like my eyes are rolling around in my head!

Betsy | 820 comments Mod
I'll be starting mid-December; I hope to be able to chime in as soon as I get onto it!

Susanna | 4 comments I have it, and I’m planning on starting mid December! Not sure I’ll like... but I’m looking forward to the discussions here

message 8: by Aqsa (new) - added it

Aqsa (her_747) | 31 comments I'm so glad this was selected!

Susanna | 4 comments I’m at the second chapter and it is been a little slow so far...

message 10: by Nico (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nico (nicoreads) | 28 comments Just started with this yesterday, know it'll be a bit slow going, however... have a lot of plans that for once don't involve reading! Hah. Seems curious so far, interested to see where it goes.

Gil-or (readingbooksinisrael) (meirathefirst) | 92 comments People keep on saying it's a mystery-I thought it was more magical realism in style of The Night Circus.

I finished the first chapter and I'm not sure whether I like the writing style or not. I think both-on one hand it's slow, but on the other hand the details have potential to keep me interested. We'll see in another 100 pages.

Elizabeth Meira (readingbooksinisrael) wrote: "People keep on saying it's a mystery-I thought it was more magical realism in style of The Night Circus.

I finished the first chapter and I'm not sure whether I like the writing style or not. I th..."

I feel the same way - I don't dislike it, but it is slow going.

Colin (mnhockeyplayer) | 121 comments I'm 100 pages from the end, for me it did get better. I'm still hoping for surprises I don't see coming.

Kerri | 700 comments I just started today, reading it on my iPad as my first download through Libby so we’ll see how that goes. I am intrigued so far though I am not very far along (I don’t think, it’s hard to tell on an electronic copy!!)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 88 comments I am still on the wait list! :(

message 16: by Aqsa (new) - added it

Aqsa (her_747) | 31 comments I'm still on other reads!

message 17: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie | 23 comments I just started this on audio because I had a long car ride. I love books about books and readers.

message 18: by Nico (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nico (nicoreads) | 28 comments Meira (readingbooksinisrael) wrote: "People keep on saying it's a mystery-I thought it was more magical realism in style of The Night Circus.

I finished the first chapter and I'm not sure whether I like the writing style or not. I th..."

I kind of wish it had been in the style of the Night Circus, I quite enjoyed that one....

Elizabeth Nico wrote: "Meira (readingbooksinisrael) wrote: "People keep on saying it's a mystery-I thought it was more magical realism in style of The Night Circus.

I finished the first chapter and I'm not sure whether ..."

I'm reading this book and listening to The Night Circus on Audible - I find this easier to read but I was hoping for more magical realism as well! Not sure how I feel about this one, about half way through.

message 20: by Fred (new)

Fred Allemann | 2 comments Just bought the book and am looking forward to diving in. This is our second book club book, after Pachinko last month.

message 21: by Kyle (new)

Kyle (kyleezer) | 0 comments I'm picking this one up tonight. This will be my first book as part of the group here. I'm hoping to finish it before the end of the year, so I can still take part in some of the discussion. I'm excited for my reading adventure to begin!

message 22: by Aqsa (new) - added it

Aqsa (her_747) | 31 comments I hope I still get to read this. December was so full!