What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Glory (Glory, #1)
This topic is about Glory
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book about a girl whose community lives without modern day technology is poisoned and exiled by her family and community. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (cupshortycake) | 2 comments I cannot remember exactly when I read this book I think I was about in 6th grade, but I could have been as old as a freshman in highscool(I was reading at a highschool level so I was always in their library and thats where I remember reading it at). Basically this book could either be a childrens book or a ya. This would have been about 6-9years ago.

This will contain spoilers of course and is going to be a lot of random information.

The main character has always been described as a troublemaker by her community, and to make matters worse its a very strict, religous community that lives like they are in the past. They know of the outside world but very little about it, only the pastor and some of the men have contact with people who bring them supplies(I think it was the military who brings the supplies). One night while all the families are together celebrating the main character and her best friend get drunk on the wine they keep stored for church. The two get the idea to go ice skating, and the friend falls in and dies. The whole community blames the main character. They decide she must be exiled. In this community when someone is exiled they are poisoned and from that moment on treated like they were dead. The main character treks out ill and scared, she finds a barn to sleep in and a boy finds her and feeds her. For some reason she cant stay there and continues on. I think she got money or something, but a part i remember very vividly was her in a store. She is looking for food and when she gets to the bananas she takes one off the bundle. A store employee tells her she can do that, and she like why I just need one so thats all im taking. She eventually gets found by a family and taken in. I believe she might be put into public school but I cant remember.

I have been searching Google and everywhere for awhile and just cant seem to figure it out. I thought the third book of the series was Forget Me Not, but either thats not the tirle or im just really bad at searching. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this/ maybe helping me out!

message 2: by Mai (last edited Dec 03, 2018 01:59PM) (new)

Mai | 1194 comments Found this one via Google search of: young adult book series "religious community" "troublemaker":
Glory by Jodi Lynn
Thirteen-year-old Glory Mason has always been known as a troublemaker in Dogwood, the tiny Appalachian town where she's lived her entire life. Intelligent and impudent, Glory is frustrated with Dogwood's isolation from the world "outside," and her pranks and tomfoolery have become an almost constant worry to her father, the town leader and pillar of the community. But when Glory's hijinks cause a horrible accident, her father-and the townspeople-can no longer look the other way. Glory is cast out of the town; left alone to fend for herself in a world she has never known.
Book 4 in the series is called Forget-Me-Not.

message 3: by Courtney (last edited Dec 03, 2018 02:13PM) (new)

Courtney (cupshortycake) | 2 comments Mai wrote: "Found this one via Google search of: young adult book series "religious community" "troublemaker":
Glory by Jodi Lynn
Thirteen-year-old Glory Mason has always been kn..."

Thank you so much! I tried searching the troublemaker part but totally left out religious community. Not sure why I couldn't find the fourth book because I had the name and searched through amazon and google for it, maybe cause I didnt add the hyphens.

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1194 comments You're welcome! There might be many books with the same title and that complicates the search... I'm glad this is your book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Glory (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jodi Lynn (other topics)