Booked2022: A Litsy Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

2019 October - December Prompts > 22. Person of color MC paranormal

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barbara (The Bibliophage) (barbarathebibliophage) | 323 comments Mod
Questions? Suggestions? Resources? Please share!

MC = main character

message 3: by Maja (new)

Maja (maich) | 45 comments Would The Belles work for this one?

Here's a definition of paranormal books from GR. It's not just fantasy, but includes some of the listed elements as well.

"Paranormal books involve unusual experiences that lack a scientific explanation. Some popular subjects in paranormal books are supernatural creatures, ESP, clairvoyance, ghosts, UFOs, telepathy, and psychics.

A subgenre of paranormal books and of romances is paranormal romance. These books focus mainly on the romantic relationships with a background theme of vampires, shapeshifters, ghosts, time travel, fantastical beings, and psychic abilities."

Maja wrote: "Would The Belles work for this one?"

I can't tell from the book's summary if it does or not. Hopefully someone who's read it can answer. ;->

message 6: by Barbara (The Bibliophage) (last edited Dec 06, 2018 05:15AM) (new)

Some of these are more paranormal than others, but they all have diverse MCs.

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7...

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Signal to Noise for another reading challenge and I think it will work for this prompt, too!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I also plan to read An Unkindness of Ghosts for another, which may be more sci-fi than paranormal, but I think it could work, as well.

message 9: by Kelly (last edited Dec 27, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Kelly (kelly72401) Someone recommended Kindred for this one on Listy and it sounded good.

I also think Akata Witch would work for this one, but not entirely sure since I haven't read it.

Margie (Bookzombie) (bookzombie08) | 52 comments I'm going to probably read one of Daniel Jose Older's books. Both of these are second books in a series.
Shadowhouse Fall
Midnight Taxi Tango

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 24 comments I read Kindred for this and would recommend it. I also considered reading Fledgling.

message 12: by willaful (new)

willaful | 7 comments I'm not sure what def. Litsy is using, but from the description, I think The Belles would be fantasy, not paranormal.

Signal to Noise is a lovely book! I might look at another one by Moreno-Garcia for mine.