Barbara (The Bibliophage)

Add friend
Sign in to Goodreads to learn more about Barbara (The Bibliophage).

The Giver of Stars
Barbara (The Bibliophage) is currently reading
by Jojo Moyes (Goodreads Author)
bookshelves: currently-reading
Rate this book
Clear rating

Apr 18, 2021 10:50AM

The Yellow House
Rate this book
Clear rating

Apr 17, 2021 10:26AM

Caste: The Origin...
Rate this book
Clear rating

Apr 16, 2021 11:47AM

Al Franken
“They tell you in this country that you have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. And we all believe that. But first you’ve got to have the boots. And the federal government gave Franni’s family the boots.”
Al Franken, Al Franken, Giant of the Senate

Al Franken
“I watched Harry closely as he read the joke and then… burst out laughing. In fact, he started shaking with laughter. It was a surreal moment, sitting nervously with my consultants, watching Harry Reid convulse in hysterics over the idea of Anne Frank playing drums in the attic. Finally, he turned to me. I just shrugged.”
Al Franken, Al Franken, Giant of the Senate

Al Franken
“It was almost as if the incoming commander-in-chief had some sort of mental health problem. The kind of mental health problem that you would be disturbed to discover in your kid’s piano teacher, let alone the president of the United States of America”
Al Franken, Al Franken, Giant of the Senate

Al Franken
“Virtually everyone in the world believes that climate change is real and is caused by human beings, except Republicans in the United States. Especially the people who would know best: 97 percent of climate scientists agree that climate change is real and caused by human activity, and I suspect the other 3 percent are being paid by the fossil fuel industry”.”
Al Franken, Al Franken, Giant of the Senate

Al Franken
“Former Massachusetts congressman Barney Frank once said, “I only voted once for someone who believes in 100 percent of what I believe. And that’s when I voted for myself—the first time.”
Al Franken, Al Franken, Giant of the Senate

377896 Booked2021: A Litsy Seasonal Reading Challenge — 285 members — last activity Mar 10, 2021 12:08AM
We’re here to discuss the prompts, and the seasonal aspect of the challenge. It’s also a great way to get to know other Littens and find them on Goodr ...more
1061034 Nonfiction Nerds — 281 members — last activity 11 hours, 2 min ago
Do you like nonfiction? So do we! Every month, we choose a theme, nominate related books, and vote on a group read. Participation is low-pressure; jo ...more
242328 Litsy — 790 members — last activity Dec 31, 2020 08:03AM
A GoodReads group for people who are on Litsy to bond further outside the fantastic app, and to find each other.
46429 The Liberal Politics & Current Events Book Club — 955 members — last activity Dec 26, 2020 02:05AM
Do you enjoy keeping up with politics? Are you interested in current events and contemporary history? Do you consider yourself leftist, liberal, socia ...more
683995 Books, Bows and Blasters Book Club — 37 members — last activity Nov 01, 2020 10:06PM
This book club was started on Litsy as a much-needed Sci-Fi/Fantasy group. We alternate genres with every pick and we read a book every two months. I ...more
More of Barbara (The Bibliophage)’s groups…
year in books
2,090 books | 423 friends

Sharon ...
102 books | 4,987 friends

1,068 books | 306 friends

1,868 books | 1,306 friends

Cleo Ha...
2,185 books | 318 friends

2,442 books | 227 friends

1,681 books | 1,587 friends

Lee Hall
520 books | 142 friends

More friends…

Polls voted on by Barbara (The Bibliophage)

Lists liked by Barbara (The Bibliophage)