♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Read-a-thon > What is a Read-A-Thon?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 2701 comments Mod
What exactly is a 'Read-a-thon'?

As the name suggests, Read-A-Thon or a RaT is a Reading Marathon! It is basically an encouragement, a pushing force which makes you read more during a particular period than you would have. It's an activity where you set a goal for yourself, and try to complete that goal as quickly as possible.

So, in a read-a-thon, a time limit and a page limit is set. Within that time limit, we try to complete the page/book limit as quickly as possible. The entire point of a read-a-thon is to set high goals for yourself and push yourself to read as much as possible.

For eg, suppose a goal is : 1000 pages, 1 week. Thus, one has to try completing 1000 pages within one week.

---------------------------------------------

WHAT I HAVE IN MIND FOR THE GROUP

Time limit, I set. Page limit, you decide. Every once in a while, I will set up a time limit and post the dates for a particular read-a-thon in this thread itself. All you have to do is decide on a book limit/page limit for yourself and try your best to complete your goals!

Post all queries and suggestions below.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Reads | 4 comments Hi Ipshita,

When can we expect you to disclose the time/date?
I am excited to participate.

Happy Reading!

message 3: by Prem (new)

Prem (toprem) | 42 comments I am in

message 4: by Pentastic (new)

Pentastic | 1 comments Sounds great! I'm in.

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie That'll definitely get me into different genres...

message 6: by Ipshita (last edited Dec 04, 2018 11:00AM) (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 2701 comments Mod
Hey guys, the read-a-thon thread is already set up. Please follow this link and reserve your spot in there: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

It'll be a week long reading marathon from 23rd to 29th December, 2018.