♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Read-a-thon > #29 (23rd December - 29th December)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 2701 comments Mod
If you are new to a Read-A-Thon and wondering what it's all about, check What is a Read-A-Thon?

Duration: 23rd December, 2018 - 29th December, 2018

Then pick up your books and get started! :)

Rules:

1. READ! You can set your own book limit/page limit and try your best to complete that.

2. In a single post, keep track of the books/pages you are reading.

3. Don't forget to tell us how much you read at the end of the Read-A-Thon in a new comment.

4. Have Fun :)

message 2: by Ipshita (new)

message 3: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Is it okay to post that we're in a few days early?

message 4: by Ipshita (new)

Sure. Go ahead and reserve your spot!

message 5: by Janessa (last edited Dec 30, 2018 03:09AM) (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Okay here's my spot.
My goal is to finish 7 books in order to meet my yearly goal of 50 books.

Currently Reading:
Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman A Burnable Book (John Gower, #1) by Bruce Holsinger The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1) by Melanie Dickerson Love & War (Alex & Eliza, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger Walk This Way The Autobiography of Aerosmith by Aerosmith The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon

12/23: As You Like It by William Shakespeare -104 pages Love & War (Alex & Eliza, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz -76 pages Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman -36 pages

12/24: Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman -23 pages Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman -56 pages

12/25: Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman -68 pages

12/26: A Burnable Book (John Gower, #1) by Bruce Holsinger -34 pages

12/27: A Burnable Book (John Gower, #1) by Bruce Holsinger -29 pages

12/28: The Healer's Apprentice (Hagenheim, #1) by Melanie Dickerson -58 pages A Burnable Book (John Gower, #1) by Bruce Holsinger -36 pages Love & War (Alex & Eliza, #2) by Melissa de la Cruz -14 pages

12/29: A Burnable Book (John Gower, #1) by Bruce Holsinger -34 pages

Total Pages: 597

Books Read:
As You Like It by William Shakespeare Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 6: by Lauri (last edited Dec 30, 2018 10:08PM) (new)

Lauri Saplad (otwlauri) | 48 comments Lauri's Spot!

Target: 1000 pages!

Sunday 12/23: 210 pages

Monday 12/24: 131 pages

Tuesday 12/25: 135 pages
Merry Christmas!!

Wednesday 12/26: 217 pages

Thursday 12/27: 172 pages

Friday 12/28: 50 pages
(You know, that work thing really cuts into quality reading time...)

Saturday 12/29: 267 pages

Total pages read: 1182

Books used:
Cave of Bones (Leaphorn & Chee #22) by Anne Hillerman Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2) by Shelley Freydont One Day in December by Josie Silver Bel, Book, and Scandal A Belfast McGrath Mystery by Maggie McConnon Eggnog Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #23.5) by Leslie Meier Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) by MaryJanice Davidson The Christmas Cookie Killer (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #3) by Livia J. Washburn Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws & Claws Mystery #5) by Krista Davis Christmas Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #23) by Joanne Fluke Jackaby (Jackaby, #1) by William Ritter The Diva Cooks a Goose (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #4) by Krista Davis

Books completed:
Silent Knife (Celebration Bay, #2) by Shelley Freydont Bel, Book, and Scandal A Belfast McGrath Mystery by Maggie McConnon Cave of Bones (Leaphorn & Chee #22) by Anne Hillerman Undead and Unreturnable (Undead, #4) by MaryJanice Davidson Not a Creature Was Purring (Paws & Claws Mystery #5) by Krista Davis

message 7: by Ipshita (new)

You're doing great, ladies!
description

message 8: by Lauri (new)

Lauri Saplad (otwlauri) | 48 comments Yaaayyyy!! I hit my goal. I really had fun, but I wish more people would have participated... Happy New Year everybody!

message 9: by Ipshita (new)

Congrats, Lauri! Wish you a Happy New Year :)

I have decided to arrange for more read-a-thons on this group. I have set up one from 6-12 Jan as well, let's see if we can get some more people to participate.

message 10: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Happy New Year!
I didn't hit my goal of 50 books. I ended the year at 45 books instead, but I did manage to finish two books thanks to this read-a-thon. Definitely signing up for the next one.

message 11: by Ipshita (new)

Congrats, Janessa!
Happy New Year to you :)

Both of you ladies, did awesomely!

message 12: by Reed (new)

Reed (reedster6) | 3 comments I can't wait to you this with you guys

message 13: by Reed (new)

Reed (reedster6) | 3 comments Can I join in with you guys please?