What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Christmas Reindeer
This topic is about The Christmas Reindeer
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Childrens book about a reindeer herder finding Santa Claus. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice_m (new)

Alice_m | 4 comments The daughter of a reindeer herder wants to know why the best deer in the herd wander off each year and come back healthy and happy at the new year. So she sleeps on the back of the prime deer.

I first read it in the late 60s. It sounds like a Weekly Reader book, but I remember an older binding (cloth or suede).

would love to find it for the next gen; it was a sweet adventure story.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 03, 2018 07:30PM) (new)

Kris | 33233 comments Mod
Alice_m, is this a picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words?

Where does the girl live (country/etc.)? Does she travel to the North Pole?

message 3: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16051 comments Sounds like Lapland, maybe.

I searched Worldcat, but couldn't find anything that fit.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33233 comments Mod
This book is too recent, but I'll mention it just in case you're interested - The Reindeer Wish by Lori Evert.

message 5: by Alice_m (new)

Alice_m | 4 comments Kris, it's a full size book; small but maybe 60-80 pages?, if there were drawings they were pen sketches. She lives near if not north of the arctic circle. Could be Lapland, I don't remember a particular country. I thought it was Canada or Alaska, but I had a US view of the world then.

Kris wrote: "Alice_m, is this a picture book (about 32-48 pages) or a chapter book with mostly words?

Where does the girl live (country/etc.)? Does she travel to the North Pole?"

message 6: by Alice_m (new)

Alice_m | 4 comments I will look for this series, it sounds interesting! thank you.

Kris wrote: "This book is too recent, but I'll mention it just in case you're interested - The Reindeer Wish by Lori Evert."

message 7: by Alice_m (new)

Alice_m | 4 comments found it! The Christmas Reindeer by Thornton W. Burgess. originally from 1926 but still in print/ebook

The description says a collection of stories, but all the comments are the same characters. I will update when I get a new copy.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 8: by Emily (last edited Jul 22, 2020 07:14AM) (new)

Emily | 232 comments Thanks for letting us know! :-)

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16051 comments Awesome, glad you found it!

The Christmas Reindeer for the trackable link.