Heathens, Pagans and Witches discussion

Book Chat > Books by Paul Beyerl. Which should I get?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joe (new)

Joe Crollard | 4 comments I'm looking at getting one of these two books:

Either

Compendium of Herbal Magick by Paul V. Beyerl

or

The Master Book of Herbalism by Paul V. Beyerl

I'm looking for one that primarily focuses on the magickal uses of herbs, rather than medicinal (I have many on medicinal..only one on magickal, which is a nice reference, but I would like more than one). Also one that covers many herbs.

Which would you guys suggest I get this month? The first or second? I'm thinking first but I'm havng a hard time deciding. I suck at making decions..lol

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) I don't know anything about herbs but I would go with the second. The title seems masterful.

message 3: by Joe (new)

Joe Crollard | 4 comments Hehe. Thanks.

message 4: by Joseph (last edited Aug 20, 2009 05:29AM) (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 32 comments I don't know anything about those two, but may I suggest another of my favorites for info on herbology?
Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs is pretty much the foundation for my herbal spellwork.

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Crollard | 4 comments I've got that one, but thank you :). It is a fabulous book. I decided to buy "The Master Book of Herbalism". Looks like a good choice and addition to my personal library ;)

message 7: by Joe (new)

Joe Crollard | 4 comments I'd LOVE to get that, but from what I've seen..it's way out of my price range right now :p

message 8: by Plum (last edited Sep 11, 2009 05:22AM) (new)

Plum | 2 comments Hi there,
I have both books. I prefer the first one as I'm more into the herbalism side of things. It does have lots of info on magical uses, but the second one focuses on them more.
Wouldn't recommend the Cunningham book (which I also have) as it doesn't go into much detail.
Hope that helps!

edit: ok, misread and didn't see you'd bought the master book - good choice!