What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Voices after Midnight
This topic is about Voices after Midnight
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: YA Time travel involving an elevator and a big storm [s]

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erica (new)

Erica | 2 comments I read this a long time ago, but I remember loving it and reading it multiple times. This may be a little inaccurate, but here's what I remember. Kids move into/visit an old house (maybe in New York?), there's an old elevator, they get in and travel back in time. A big storm traps someone in the elevator, the kids (teenagers) possibly end up saving their own grandmother (while she was young). Help greatly appreciated!

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Well, I know it's not Time At The Top as there are no storms or grandmothers involved, but it's a great time travel book that involves an elevator and NYC; it's a kids' book.

Erica, I hope you find your book! It doesn't look familiar to me.

message 3: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 57 comments Lisa, there's apparently a sequel to Ormondroyd's book, called All in Good Time. Same characters, plus a dour Aunt Jane...

I'm having problems finding a summary to see if it fits Erica's description. Have you read the sequel?

Lisa  (not getting friends updates) Vegan (lisavegan) | 1382 comments Michelle, Yes, I've read All in Good Time and (unlike many sequels) it's almost as good as the first book.

message 5: by Sherri (new)

Sherri | 74 comments This is "Voices After Midnight" by Richard Peck. Three kids move to New York for the summer, they are able to view some events from the past and save their own ancestors from being trapped in an elevator in a freak blizzard.

message 6: by Erica (new)

Erica | 2 comments Yes! Thank you!

Erica | 5 comments Oh my gosh! I have been looking for this exact book for an hour! Loved it.

message 8: by rivka (new)

rivka | 303 comments Two out of two Ericas agree! ;)

message 9: by Lliz (new) - added it

Lliz | 1 comments I have been trying to remember the name of this book since my mom and i read it when i was like ten. we borrowed it from the library and then couldnt remember or agree on the details enough to find it again, but your description is dead on. So THANK YOU for looking it up and finding it for me. my local library has one copy left and i put a request in to read this wonderful book again!

message 10: by Ej (new)

Ej | 1 comments Oh my goodness I've been looking for the name of this book for years! I read it in fourth grade and loved it. Since this is an experience many people seem to have had it seems like this is a great gift book : )

message 11: by Gini (new)

Gini (camp80) | 59 comments I was looking for this book several months ago and finally found it. I now own it, it's a great book. One of my favorites from my childhood.