Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Archived Threads > What A Coincidence!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6571 comments Mod
I have a book by Sandra Brown called White Hot - that I have bought on August 8th. It didn't registered to me at the time, when I was checking the back cover - that the book takes place in Destiny, Louisiana.

What A Coincidence!

My story Destiny takes places in Destiny, Louisiana. A made up city.

Her book came out in 2005, but God knows if Heaven, I didn't steal Destiny from her. I've started my story last year in December 2008. I have only read one of Sandra Brown's book, but I've really started buying her books this year.

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 221 comments That's funny LOL!

message 3: by Arch , Mod (new)

Debbie wrote: "That's funny LOL!"

It is.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Aug 19, 2009 02:10PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Arch wrote: "I have a book by Sandra Brown called White Hot - that I have bought on August 8th. It didn't registered to me at the time, when I was checking the back cover - that the book takes place in Destiny,..."

That's happened to me before where I had a story and a published author has similarities but I didn't rip them off. Like you said, just a coincidence.

message 5: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle wrote: "Arch wrote: "I have a book by Sandra Brown called White Hot - that I have bought on August 8th. It didn't registered to me at the time, when I was checking the back cover - that the book takes plac..."

Yes coincidence.

message 6: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

CaliGirlRae (rae_l) | 2002 comments Mod
Great minds and all that. :-)

message 7: by Arch , Mod (new)

Another coincidence occured Monday morning.

In my Sunday's chat with Rae, Sharon and Sweet T, I've mentioned that when I was younger that American Werewolf in London was my favorite movie. I know! I know! To say that I don't care for werewolves, vampires, etc. (Quick note: I love Once Bitten - That's a cute vampire movie.).

Anyway, getting back to the chat. I've also mentioned that I own the movie American Werewolf in Parris. Well, when the chat between me and Rae ended, I've decided to see what was playing on TV and low and behold on Starz - American Werewolf in Parris was playing.

message 8: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Ha that's awesome Arch!

Ooh, I see what you did there! :-D

message 9: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae wrote: "Ha that's awesome Arch!

Ooh, I see what you did there! :-D"

What did I do Rae?

message 10: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

American Werewolf in Parris. Like Chocolate's man. :-)

Good play on words. :-D

message 11: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae wrote: "American Werewolf in Parris. Like Chocolate's man. :-)

Good play on words. :-D"

LOL, Rae, I didn't know that I've typed Parris, instead of Paris.

message 12: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hehe your subconscious probably had Parris on the brain. Or Paul Walker. ;-) Chocolate may be coming after you like Alyssa. :-D Hehe.

message 13: by Arch , Mod (last edited Sep 09, 2009 08:34AM) (new)

Rae wrote: "Hehe your subconscious probably had Parris on the brain. Or Paul Walker. ;-) Chocolate may be coming after you like Alyssa. :-D Hehe."

Well, I did have Parris on my mind.

I couldn't ignore scenes anymore. I've started writing a new installment to my story yesterday.

Nah, I think that Chocolate will be too busy admiring Parris' bachelor pad. When he steps away to go to the bathroom that's when I'll snatch him. I'll read him out of my story.

message 14: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Ah, there ya go!

LOL smart move. Go in while she's distracted! :-D

I'll have to catch up to see where they're at.

message 15: by Arch , Mod (new)

Rae wrote: "Ah, there ya go!

LOL smart move. Go in while she's distracted! :-D

I'll have to catch up to see where they're at."

Well! :)

I think I'll be nice and leave him with her. After all, they went fishing.

message 16: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Aww. Well, that's cool. Chocolate will appreciate that I'm sure. :-)

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen)  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
Yeah. You can break up such a great couple. :)

message 18: by Arch , Mod (new)

I can love Parris. I hope Chocolate doesn't mind.

I think that Parris and I can watch a little cartoon together. :)

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That would be cute, Arch.

message 20: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "That would be cute, Arch."

Thanks Danielle "The Book Huntress"

Wow! That's a lot to say. LOL! :)

When will I be reading more of your story, ma'am? You can't leave a cliffhanger. Get to writing to this honeymoon. But, please go at your own pace. :)

message 21: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

You can just call me Danielle. Or Huntress. :)

I hope to work on my story more this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

message 22: by Arch , Mod (last edited Sep 10, 2009 05:35AM) (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "You can just call me Danielle. Or Huntress. :)

I hope to work on my story more this weekend. Sorry for the delay."

I was just teasing you.

I'm a patient woman. Take your time. Don't rush on my account.

message 23: by April (new)

April | 5 comments Arch, are you from Louisiana, or do you find the state/culture fascinating?

message 24: by Arch , Mod (new)

April wrote: "Arch, are you from Louisiana, or do you find the state/culture fascinating?"

I'm from Louisiana.

message 25: by Arch , Mod (last edited Nov 20, 2009 05:47AM) (new)

I just got finished watching a House Hunter's episode and the woman's name was Diamond. That's my heroine's name in my Nanowrimo story. Prior to my story, I have never heard of a woman named Diamond.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

That's cool, Arch.

message 27: by Arch , Mod (new)

I haven't came across a Chocolate yet.

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I don't think so either. Cinnamon, Golden, Amber, Brownie, but no chocolate.

message 29: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I don't think so either. Cinnamon, Golden, Amber, Brownie, but no chocolate."

Chocolate is differently a unique name.

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I've heard of Coco for a name, but not Chocolate.

message 31: by Arch , Mod (new)

Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "I've heard of Coco for a name, but not Chocolate. "

One of my cousin's ex-girlfriend name is Coco.

message 32: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Winter Frost Queen) , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

And there's Coco Chanel, the famous designer.