What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Into the Dream
This topic is about Into the Dream
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel: Spaceship causes psychic powers. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Messina | 8 comments I'm trying to remember the title of a young adult book I read as a kid. The twelve year old male protagonist, Paul, keeps having these recurring dreams. Then he finds out that his classmate, Francine, whom he never had liked before, has been having these same dreams.

They do some research and discover that they stayed at the same motel once with their mothers when they were seven years old. They both live with their mothers as their parents are divorced. While they were at the motel, a spacecraft passed by and apparently something emitted by the craft changed Paul and Francine's genetic make-up so that they both developed mild telepathic powers. Their research results in their meeting Mrs. Jaleela, a woman who had been a guest at the motel that night and had been pregnant at the time. When they meet her, her son Noah is four and has developed stronger psychic powers than Paul or Francine had, because he was in utero at the time of the encounter and therefore more susceptible to the effect of the radiation.

It would have been in the late eighties or early nineties when I read this, but I can't remember the title, author or publication date.

Thanks in advance for your help! I hope someone can help me remember the name of this book. :)

Messina | 8 comments That's the one! Thanks!

Messina | 8 comments SOLVED

Could a moderator please add this to the Solved folder or else show me how to? Thanks!

message 5: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5231 comments You can move it by clicking "edit" to the right of the header, moving this topic from "Unsolved" to "SOLVED: Children's/YA," and marking it as "about" Into the Dream. I'm glad you found it, it sounds like a very intriguing book.

Messina | 8 comments Rosa wrote: "You can move it by clicking "edit" to the right of the header, moving this topic from "Unsolved" to "SOLVED: Children's/YA," and marking it as "about" Into the Dream. I'm glad you found it, it soun..."

Done. Thanks a lot!

message 7: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Dec 04, 2018 08:23PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Messina wrote: "I'm trying to remember the title of a young adult book I read as a kid. The twelve year old male protagonist, Paul, keeps having these recurring dreams. Then he finds out that his classmate, Franci..."

I know you found the book you were looking for, but when I was reading your description I wondered if it could be the following book. This book is also about a couple of teenagers who develop psychic powers after finding and entering a spaceship that they don't tell anyone about. It's adult fiction.

The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1) by Richard Phillips The Second Ship by Richard Phillips

You didn't ask for any similar books, but I figured I'd post it in case anyone's interested in reading the same type of plot.

Messina | 8 comments Thanks for the share! Sounds like a book I might want to check out, myself.