Challenge Corner discussion

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)
This topic is about Thunderhead
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book of the Month Archives! > September Not First In A Series BOTM - Thunderhead, by Neal Shusterman

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - added it

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
Rowan has gone rogue, and has taken it upon himself to put the Scythedom through a trial by fire. Literally. In the year since Winter Conclave, he has gone off-grid, and has been striking out against corrupt scythes—not only in MidMerica, but across the entire continent. He is a dark folk hero now—“Scythe Lucifer”—a vigilante taking down corrupt scythes in flames.

Citra, now a junior scythe under Scythe Curie, sees the corruption and wants to help change it from the inside out, but is thwarted at every turn, and threatened by the “new order” scythes. Realizing she cannot do this alone—or even with the help of Scythe Curie and Faraday, she does the unthinkable, and risks being “deadish” so she can communicate with the Thunderhead—the only being on earth wise enough to solve the dire problems of a perfect world. But will it help solve those problems, or simply watch as perfection goes into decline?

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Part 1 and 2
(view spoiler)

Part 3
(view spoiler)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Part 4
(view spoiler)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments Part 5 (view spoiler)

Finished
(view spoiler)

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments Glad you liked this, Charley! I love this series (and everything I've read by Shusterman). I really want the next book to be released already.

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 63569 comments Mod
I'm so hesitant to dive into this book because I thought the first one was just so meh.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 8237 comments If you didn't like the first, you probably won't like the second. That's my thought at least.

message 8: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Part One - (view spoiler)
Part Two - (view spoiler)
Part Three - (view spoiler)
Part Four - WTF!!! (view spoiler)
Part Five - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

Ah - I will be pondering this one for weeks! I hope the next one comes out in EARLY 2019. I'm going to have a hard time waiting for it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.