Start by marking “Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)

Thunderhead

(Arc of a Scythe #2)

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  61,705 ratings  ·  10,576 reviews
Rowan has gone rogue, and has taken it upon himself to put the Scythedom through a trial by fire. Literally. In the year since Winter Conclave, he has gone off-grid, and has been striking out against corrupt scythes—not only in MidMerica, but across the entire continent. He is a dark folk hero now—“Scythe Lucifer”—a vigilante taking down corrupt scythes in flames.

Citra, no
Published January 9th 2018 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Thunderhead, please sign up.
The Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWar Storm by Victoria AveyardQueen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra ClareA Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa TahirObsidio by Amie Kaufman
YA Novels of 2018
1,051 books — 5,500 voters
The Great Alone by Kristin HannahCirce by Madeline MillerEducated by Tara WestoverThe Cruel Prince by Holly BlackWhere the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Best Books of 2018
1,383 books — 2,526 voters

More lists with this book...

·  61,705 ratings  ·  10,576 reviews

Start your review of Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe, #2)
Emma Giordano
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
Edit 4/7 - After raving about this book for a video review (which you can find here: https://youtu.be/diBtmttjbSs), I decided to raise my rating to 5 stars. Despite that I didn't enjoy Thunderhead EXACTLY as much as Scythe, I feel the book itself is nearly flawless and one of the greatest YA books on the market. This story is too well-written for me to be comfortable giving it any less of a rating.

A very satisfying sequel!! I didn’t enjoy Thunderhead AS MUCH as Scythe (It is a TOUGH book to foll
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

"Scythe Johannes Brahms, you are accused of abusing your position and multiple crimes against humanity."
"How dare you!" Brahms gasped. "Who are you to accuse me?" He struggled, trying to rally strength, but it was no use. The painkillers that were in his system were filling his responses. His muscles were weak and useless to him now.
"I think you know who I am," the young man said. "Let me hear you say it."
"I will not!" Brahms said, determined not to give him the satisfaction. But the boy
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
That cliffhanger though...

Solid read! I liked it more than the first book. If you like political intrigues, you will love this!
Irina
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
EVERYONE GO AND READ THIS BOOK

I can't believe what I just read
THAT CLIFFHANGER

This is quickly becoming my favorite series EVER

I actually thought I will not enjoy this book as much as the first one because the first half was a little boring but the second half was the best thing that I have ever read and that's why this piece of writing deserves a million starts.
I can't remember the last time I was so invested in a story in this way.
I have so many emotions over this book and these character
Warda
My original review still stands. Shusterman played us. Hard! That ending is one of the best and psychotic endings I’ve had the pleasure of reading.

(view spoiler)

I can't wait to see what Shusterman's brilliant mind has come up with f
Matthew
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who read the first book and loved it!
5+ Stars – EXCELLENT!

Update 12/5/2018 - Should have won the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy Category! In my heart, it is the winner!

First of all – that cover . . . beautiful! It is one of my favorite covers of the past few years. An improvement on the cover of the first book – and that cover was pretty awesome, too. This cover makes you want to read this book even if you have no idea what the book is about. In this case you can judge a book by its cover!

A fantastic continuation of
❄️Nani❄️
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second time reading and that ending!!!

Still worth every stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First read: 26/4/18

Hot damn. That ending.

Shit absolutely and unequivocally just hit the fan but... no worries. It’s only a year right?

The cruelty...

I pondered for days over how to rate this (needlessly it seems) because I finally came to my senses.
There’s nothing to overthink here because I am so fucking speechless that I don’t know how I could give this anything less than what it deserves.

NS is. A.
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am dead! This book killed me!! That ending!! Dead. All I will say is that this is becoming one of my absolute favourite series ever. The wait for the next book is going to be brutal.
Heather
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy freaking crap this was amazing. So many twists and turns and so thought provoking! So amazingly good!
jessica
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its 2018, so can we just go ahead and put forth a movement that says cliffhangers qualify as cruel and unusual punishment!? i mean, i will start a petition and everything. whos with me??? because there is no way the ending to this should be legal. its the very essence of torture.

okay. now that i got that out of my system, lets talk about everything other than the last 30 pages. im pretty sure i am in the minority when i say that i didnt think this was better than scythe, but i didnt think it wa
Nilufer Ozmekik
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars, one of my favorite fictional characters are back! Welcome back Citra and Rowan! They’re tougher survivors and they are more connected to the Scythedom madness. Now it’s time to meet with fantastic AI Thunderhead! He is genuine, caring, polite but also righteous, smart, professional enough to achieve the requirements of his position.

I think this is another delicious feast for me which I skipped to devour for so long and finally decide to taste vivid, exciting, adventurous tastes of bo
may ❀
IM GOING TO BE SCREAMING FOR THE NEXT 19 HOURS

WHAT
JUST
HAPPENED

wowowowoowow, okay my dudes, lets get this straight, if you loved book 1, READ THIS RIGHT NOW. if you hated book 1, READ THIS RIGHT NOW.

This. Was. Everything. That. Book. 1. Wasn't.

im actually so amazed, like the characters, the development, THE PLOT TWISTS. THE REALIZATIONS, it was ALL SO. GOOD.

i don't even have words beyond WHERE IS BOOK 3

this is going to be me @ anything related to this book for the rest of the decade
description
C.G. Drews
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Okay so WOW this was intense and full of plot twists and politics and muRDeR. I mean it is literally a series about a (nearly) utopian world with ordained murders so. I love that and it's also terrifying! This book though! I am a little dazed by tHAT EnDING.

Me: This book looks nice.
Me: The ending looks like it'll wrap up quite nicely with--
Book: [smASHES me in the face with a cliffhanger]

I don't !! even know what to think while I wait for book #3!! AHHHH.

+ The actual plot of this one is kind of
Helen 2.0
Without context, the word Thunderhead could mean a variety of things; for instance, it sounds like it it might be:
-the newest Scandinavian metal band
-a kind of migraine
-something you may overhear a group of college boys bragging about on the subway
-a pagan shrine to Thor

But stupid jokes aside, in Neal Shusterman's world Thunderhead is the ultimate cloud collection of human knowledge, given consciousness and the task of governing Earth. It is a benevolent ruler, having eradicated death, disease,
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
❥ 5 / 5 stars

Question (10 points)
Is the romance in this book / this trilogy necessary?
Answer —> No.

Everything in the story is already perfect on its own. Even if there’s no romance between Citra and Rowan or other couples, it‘s still completely fine and the book itself can easily make me love it without that.

Therefore, I see no reason why Neal Shusterman need to include romance in the trilogy if he cannot make it good enough or make it at least believable.
(It’s harsh. I know. But
Christina - Traveling Sister
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, favorites
5 MILLION, Shusterman revived me only to slay me again stars!!!

Full review featured on my blog Recipe & a Read!

So if you'll recall for my review of Scythe (book one in this series) Shusterman did a bang up job of literally slaying me with his sheer genius. Well folks, he's done it again - only this time the magnificence of this story literally revived me heart and soul only to kill me once again. You may be asking yourselves: Christina, you're saying this book literally killed you - can that act
Charlotte May
Hell yes this was awesome!

Also that ending?!? So glad I’ve got the next book already so I can just get started 😊

4.5 ⭐️

“Guard your conscience, Anastasia, and never let it wilt. It is a scythe’s most valuable possession.”

This was a fantastic sequel to Scythe, I loved it!

So Citra (Scythe Anastasia) and Rowan (Scythe Lucifer) are living more or less entering separate lives. Citra is being trained by the infamous Scythe Marie Curie and Rowan is on the run.

Soon Rowan discovers a terribly dark secr
Ishmeen
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If I use the term shook like I usually do to describe what I’m feeling right now, it would seriously be an understatement for this book. I loved every. single. page. and I am so glad that it loved up to my expectations of being just as great as Scythe which was one of my favourite reads of 2017 ❤️

I used to think that I wasn't really into dystopia anymore but I reckon it's Neal Shusterman's mind blowing writing style that has made me fall in love with this world! Also can we please come up with
Sh3lly
Second reading - listened to on audio this time. It was still great, a solid story that held me the entire time. The cliffhanger ending! Glad I have the finale to get right to. I can't believe I waited this long. Definitely glad I re-read it because I had forgotten a lot. I was thinking it was more of a four-star rating. Surprised to see I rated it five stars. It's really good and I don't have any complaints. Guess I'll keep it. :)

Previous post:

Just kidding! Everyone gets a cape robe in this. So
April
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
And always with those jaw dropping cliff hangers🙌
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ✺❂❤❣
Q:
It’s my pleasure to be your displeasure. (c) It's this series' pleasure to be my displeasure.... Though installment #2 happens to be waay better than #1.

A bit more definition added to this world, and still... a lot of key ideas seem to be missing from this society, still.

In this one, Thunderhead discovers it has been a DunderDolt all along. It entertains us with musings of its inherent godliness, the challenges of practicing omnipresense as well as demonstrates its quite possibly first taste o
Hamad
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Review ✍️ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷

“Death must exist for life to have meaning.”

🌟 The Toll, the third and final book to this series is out in a couple of days. I recently read scythe and finished this one last month and I am planning to read the finale as soon as I get it. I only recently joined the fandom and understood part of the hype surrounding this series.

🌟 I liked book one a tiny bit more than book two maybe because I was awed by the amazing world building and good wr
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5/5 stars (rounded down) - now if only Goodreads would introduce half star ratings, then I wouldn't have to go breaking mathematical rules to round down, when I am clearly supposed to be rounding up!

“An arrogant head of state gives permission to all nature of hate as long as it feeds his ambition. And the unfortunate truth is, people devour it. Society gorges itself, and rots. Permission is the bloated corpse of freedom.”

​I think I've found another favorite author. I had a feeling after I've r

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Tan Markovic
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5!

Love this world, love the characters, hated/loved that ending.....😖

Need the next book ASAP...
Whispering Stories
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Nia on www.whisperingstories.com

I’m so glad that I read this book directly after the first in the series, I was still very much in the zone and this book was absolute perfection.

I felt that Scythe, the first book, was a little slow in the action and pacing department but it turns out that it was all about setting things up for this book – the politics we were introduced to have now taken a dark turn, we learn more about the Thunderhead and its origins, and Citra and Rowan are no
Ivana - Diary of Difference
Wishlist | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

#1 Scythe - ★★★★★
#2 Thunderhead - ★★★★★
#3 The Toll - ★★★★★

I thought Scythe will be my favorite book of the year, but then I read Thunderhead. It is a shame that I won’t be able to read The Toll this year - but I am honestly so honored to have a chance to read this series in my lifetime. Neal, please let me kiss your immortality ring!

Thunderhead is a continuation of The Arc of Scythe series, where we follow two characters, Citra and Row
Iben Frederiksen
Thunderhead is every bit as interesting, terrifying and good a story as Scythe. For some reason I simply ended up taking a week long pause when I was about halfway through the book...

Mr. Shusterman continues enriching the world of Scythe when he delves into the Thunderhead, an AI that controls almost everything in the world - everything except the Scythedom. I found this side of the world both really cool but also wicked scary.

All in all just a really good sequel to Scythe, which was an amazing
Robin (Bridge Four)
Again I will say it, Neal Shusterman (NS) is the Sci-Fi King of What If….

description

He takes a thought like hey we have a cloud now and we are putting more and more stuff in it what if years and years down the road we have an AI version that is a mash up of The Cloud/Google/Facebook/Amazon and it had a social conscience and was put in charge of EVERYTHING. How would the world change?
How could I not love the very beings who gave me life? Even if they don’t all agree that I am, indeed, alive. I am the sum
Pick-a-Shelf: Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2) 3 8 May 28, 2020 05:32AM
What if? 7 16 May 13, 2020 11:53AM
How did you like the ending? 13 127 Apr 25, 2020 10:43AM
Madison County NC...: Thunderhead: Good Sequel 2 2 Feb 28, 2020 06:03AM

• Supernova (Renegades, #3)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Hand on the Wall (Truly Devious, #3)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Renegades (Renegades, #1)
  • Ninth House (Alex Stern, #1)
  • A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers, #2)
  • Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2)
  • Starsight (Skyward, #2)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
Award-winning author Neal Shusterman grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where he began writing at an early age. After spending his junior and senior years of high school at the American School of Mexico City, Neal went on to UC Irvine, where he made his mark on the UCI swim team, and wrote a successful humor column. Within a year of graduating, he had his first book deal, and was hired to write a movi ...more

Arc of a Scythe (3 books)
  • Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)