The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

BEST & WORST BOOKS OF... > Least Favorite Books of the Summer 2018 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18220 comments Mod
What were your least favorite books of the Summer 2018 Challenge? Which books didn't meet your expectations?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7887 comments Ill Met by Moonlight - I read it for the 15 point task about Shakespeare - which was one of the hardest ones for me...honestly I was completely lost in what the heck was going on

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 1070 comments Cloud Atlas- I had this for another challenge and fit our task 5.5-I literally cringed every time I picked it up to read it

message 4: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 655 comments Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. I really didn't like this book at all. The descriptions totally turned me off of reading the book and I really had to struggle to finish reading this. If it had not been an audiobook, I don't think I would have finished it.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1272 comments This past season was the worst season I've had. I even took a few weeks off because I needed to renew the joy of reading.

I had 21 (2 star) books this season....and thankfully only 2 (1 star) books.

The Anatomist's Wife
The Last Wild Men of Borneo: A True Story of Death and Treasure

message 7: by Claire (last edited Sep 02, 2018 04:02AM) (new)

Claire  | 332 comments I tend not to dwell on the bad ones, though I was disappointed by Dark Matter by Blake Crouch . Not that it is a very bad book, but not really worth my time:-(

message 8: by Shala (new)

Shala | 72 comments I only had one that was below 3 stars:
American Blood

message 9: by Bea (new)

Bea | 4237 comments My 2 star read: The House of the Spirits

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) I rarely have 1 or 2 star books because I just don’t finish them! I didn’t think much of Bring Me Back by B. A. Paris. I only finished it because I won it through a GR giveaway. I rarely read thrillers so maybe it was more the genre that I didn’t like, and not just the writing and the ludicrous plot.

message 11: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7887 comments Pam - I struggled with that one too, which is a pity because I enjoyed her previous one (The Breakdown) - but I also listened to that one, so I wonder if she's a better in audio author

message 12: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2744 comments It's just four times round the Village: a non runner's journey to her first marathon

the personal story of someone who purports to be preparing for a marathon but spends more time on the injury list than running round the village or anywhere else for that matter. Astonishingly she still claims to have completed the marathon despite not having seemed to run 26 miles in total in her training

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3974 comments No contest ... The Notebook (The Notebook, #1) by Nicholas Sparks

message 14: by Deborah (last edited Sep 02, 2018 10:05PM) (new)

Deborah | 1437 comments Classics are a hit or miss. While I loved The Count of Monte Cristo, which I read for the Summer Challenge, I failed at enjoying:

Catch-22
Heart of Darkness

I had a good run of books for this season.