What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1)
This topic is about Under Different Stars
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Fantasy/Sci-Fi - this search has taken me close to two years. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Beck | 4 comments I do not remember the author, the title, the characters names, anything. This is what I do remember. It’s about a girl that has long hair, I THINK it was white blonde. She never cuts her hair because the one time she did cut it, it had grown back out by the next morning. She meets a boy and finds out that “she’s not normal”. Now here’s where my mind starts to fade a bit. I’m pretty sure she ends up in another world. The one she’s from.
She meets her half sister, who seems all sweet and helpful at first but in the end is a turd. She also “meets” another boy with hair like hers and actually he saves her. How you ask? By cutting her hair off!!! As it regrows, it heals her! Pretty sure this dude then kidnaps her, but she does end up separated from guy 1 and evil sister. In the end the first guy she meets ends up staying behind with her half sister (that’s now trying to kill her if I remember correctly). I just remember a line from it on the last page that she says something along the lines of, “I fell in love. Maybe twice.” My lands this looks like the ramblings of a mad woman, but I’ve been searching for over a year! TIA to anyone with any insight!

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 857 comments Could it be the Trylle trilogy by Amanda Hocking? I haven't read it, but she's a changeling (a Trylle) and ends up with 2 love interests.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Beck | 4 comments I can’t confirm after reading the description if it’s the Trylle books BUT, I’m going to buy the first one and I will update. I should be able to figure out pretty quickly if it’s the right one or not.

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Beck | 4 comments I downloaded the sample of the first Trylle series, and it is not the book I’m searching for.

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne Beck | 4 comments I can’t figure out how to add it to my title, but this is SOLVED! I ran across it by accident. “Under Different Stars” author Amy A. Bartol
I believe it’s a trilogy and this is the first.

message 6: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Under Different Stars for the click. Glad you found your book.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40602 comments Mod
Please always include genre and plot details in your header, as per the Group Rules.