What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

When Light Left Us
This topic is about When Light Left Us
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Help - Aftermath of an alien possessing three siblings. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona (msnoctiluca) | 33 comments Hiya!
I'm looking for a book that I haven't read, but read a synopsis of, wanted to read, and can't remember the title/author :(
So - it's set after an alien that has been possessing three siblings leaves. It was possessing the mouth of one, eyes of another and hands of the third - I think? The novel picks up just as it departs, though, and it's about these teens learning to live again both only as themselves, and with the rest of the world again.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated - my google-fu has failed me completely and I'm utterly frustrated.
Thanks!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5054 comments How many years ago did you read this synopsis? Where did you see the synopsis?
Anything about the cover?
Time period/location story takes place?
Part of a series?

message 3: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona (msnoctiluca) | 33 comments Not part of a series as far as I know
I think it was early this year I read the synopsis - the most likely place would be either tor.com or Bustle Books
No memory of any cover I'm afraid
I think it was a contemporary or unspecific setting

Thank you!

Adele | 1226 comments This is When Light Left Us by Leah Thomas. I love the author. Was a little disappointed by this book, but I am still looking forward to her next one!

message 5: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona (msnoctiluca) | 33 comments Adele wrote: "This is When Light Left Us by Leah Thomas. I love the author. Was a little disappointed by this book, but I am still looking forward to her next one!"

Thank you, that's the one! Youve saved mw so much frustration, thank you so much!
It's a really interesting idea so hopefully im not as let down, but even if i feel the same, at least I can find out now :)

Adele | 1226 comments You're very welcome. You may like it more than me, and either way, I highly recommend her first book, Because You'll Never Meet Me which also has an interesting and unusual concept.

message 7: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona (msnoctiluca) | 33 comments Adele wrote: "You're very welcome. You may like it more than me, and either way, I highly recommend her first book, Because You'll Never Meet Me which also has an interesting and unusual concept."

Brilliant, the synopsis sounds very interesting - always good to see some really original ideas behind new books! Thanks again :)