What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Suspense - Click, Click, Click opening line, female photographer (?) heading into desert, stalker or kidnapper

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ImaBookaddict (last edited Aug 26, 2018 02:57PM) (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments I am looking for a book I read the description for on a book jacket back inside flap. Unfortunately I returned book before writing down title or author. Pretty sure the author was a popular author. I think the book thumbnail showed a car heading down the road into the desert, but not 100% sure.

What i remember: Description started with the words 'Click, click, click'. Whether this was only description opening or book opening i don't know. Heroine is photographer is i remember correctly. She is going into the desert either to take pictures or to meet someone. She was either being stalked to kidnap or kill. Seem to remember something about someone in a trunk (again not sure if thats correct) Hope someone remembers this one. Its been a couple of years and that 'click, click, click' still sticks in my mind. Thanks.

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 5055 comments How many years ago did you read this?

message 3: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments I think it was about 3-4 years ago.

message 4: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments There might have mention of someone in the desert who didn't want anyone bothering him or something like that.

message 5: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments Bumping - still looking. Book falls into the suspense category, probably with a romance on the side (maybe). I think author was someone with name recognition, so someone popular most likely.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1428 comments Exposed by Laura Griffin?

message 7: by ImaBookaddict (last edited Sep 26, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments Not sure, but i don't think so. I'm waiting on a copy to check it out, but i don't remember anything about her being attacked in a park. Whatever was going to happen, happens in the desert if i remember correctly. Does this have the click, click, click line?

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1428 comments ImaBookaddict wrote: "Not sure, but i don't think so. I'm waiting on a copy to check it out, but i don't remember anything about her being attacked in a park. Whatever was going to happen, happens in the desert if i rem..."

I'm not sure about the click, click, click line. I've never read the book. I just found it during a search for photographer.

message 9: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments Thanks for looking. Unfortunately its not the book i was looking for. I could kick myself for not writing down the title or author at the time i read the description. And now i can't remember which book i was reading that had the description in it. Hopefully it will eventually ring a bell with someone. It's not like I don't have any books to read while I'm waiting :).

message 10: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments bump Still looking.

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36561 comments Mod
ImaBookaddict, does the heroine work for a newspaper as a crime photographer/photo-journalist or more like a private investigator?

Do you know the location/region - U.S., Australia, etc.?

message 12: by ImaBookaddict (new)

ImaBookaddict | 171 comments not sure of career, but its set in the US

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Exposed (other topics)