Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please remove books from my page

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen A. | 1 comments Please remove the following two books from my author page because they are not mine:

Intro to Communication and Social Justice and Communication.

message 2: by Abcdarian (last edited Aug 26, 2018 09:48AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 23430 comments Done. They may take awhile to disappear from your profile page due to caching.

message 3: by D.S. (new)

D.S. | 2 comments Please remove this book from my page:

Freshwater Snails of Africa and Their Medical Importance

It look as though it is now gone from my Author Page but still shows up on my Profile. So I assume there is still some sort of connection?

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25061 comments D.S. wrote: "Please remove this book from my page:

Freshwater Snails of Africa and Their Medical Importance

It look as though it is now gone from my Author Page but still shows up on my Profile. So I assume..."

It has been moved. It may take some time for it to disappear from your page due to caching.

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Dalcher (christinadalcher) | 13 comments Please remove the listing for this book (Q by Christina Dalcher). This is a work in progress and should not be available for review or rating as only my editor has the manuscript at this point. This book has no release date at this point and was not added to Goodreads by anyone associated with my publisher, agent, or me. Thank you.

Q
Christina Dalcher

message 6: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Christina,
any user can add books to Goodreads.
Forthcoming books with partial information are considered a valid book records by Goodreads.

message 7: by Christina (new)

Christina Dalcher (christinadalcher) | 13 comments Even if the title is a working title? That surprises me.

Olivia wrote: "Hi Christina,
Forthcoming books with partial information are considered a valid book records by Goodreads."

message 8: by Christina (new)

Christina Dalcher (christinadalcher) | 13 comments And, in any case, I'm curious as to how Goodreads can think the rating/review of a book is appropriate when it is clearly impossible for the rater/reviewer to have read it? Thank you, C

Olivia wrote: "Hi Christina,
Forthcoming books with partial information are considered a valid book records by Goodreads."

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25061 comments Christina wrote: "And, in any case, I'm curious as to how Goodreads can think the rating/review of a book is appropriate when it is clearly impossible for the rater/reviewer to have read it? Thank you, C."

Users are free to rate any book on Goodreads however they like, for example to show how interested they are in a book, or for any number of private reasons that may only make sense to them.

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina Dalcher (christinadalcher) | 13 comments How interesting. Thank you.

Scott wrote: "Christina wrote: "And, in any case, I'm curious as to how Goodreads can think the rating/review of a book is appropriate when it is clearly impossible for the rater/reviewer to have read it? Thank ..."

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Master Class (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christina Dalcher (other topics)