Brilliant Books You've Never Heard Of discussion

The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths & Magic (The Rules #1)
Group Read > The Rules and Regulations for Mediating Myths and Magic - Finished Reading *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) How did you like the book? What are your final thoughts?

Kristin B. Bodreau (krissy22247) I ADORED this book!

Amazing dialogue, interesting characters, great humor and a dorky little love story. Plus PIXIES! Everything about it was just delightful. It wasn't super deep and I loved it for that. It was light and fun and a little ridiculous.

I liked how it treated the different cryptids and I loved every character. Plus, there were some great little references to a few of my favorite authors.

"He hadn’t slept much since his conversation with Pavel about the nature of life, the universe, and everything." is a nod to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Then of course “That would match Elena’s description of power and light, but I think most gods, demi or otherwise, are sticking to Europe these days. A few decades ago, there was a mass movement toward America. We referred to it as the Gaiman effect, but now it seems they’ve all returned home.”

It was also very relevant to the times. I loved the silly pop culture references about Marvel and Memes like “Very idea. Much confidence. Wow.”

After the two month reading slump I just came off of, this was the perfect quick read to get me back into the swing of things. I'm only sorry I waited so long to read it!

Nathan Waters (literaryarmy) | 1 comments This book was adorable, entertaining, and so relatable. While I was reading it was like I was experiencing my journey through my bisexuality all over again. Bridger came across as so very real to me, as if I was reading about the male version of myself. This book deserves all the praise that it can possibly get.