Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Book Discussion & Recommendation > Iso: Attraction not instant!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (steph1217) | 1 comments Hopefully this is allowed, this is my first Goodreads post!

So, I've scoured the site and web and the well seems to have run dry on books in this particular trope. Where the guys attraction isn't instant. I'll be honest I like my guys hott ( I know I'm a hypocrite) but I like it when the heroine is dorky, goofy, or not societies definition of beautiful, etc. I get irritated when all the men in the book seem to think the women is the most beautiful person on the planet. I don't think it's realistic, probably as realistic as me imagining every hero as Chris Hemsworth l;) And ill read anything- contemporary/paranormal etc.
Some Books I've read that follow this premise:

The do-over by MK Schiller

Zack by Sawyer Bennett

I know there are so many more I've read but my brain seems to be non-functional at the moment! Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I seem to be stuck in a rut

message 2: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments Welcome!

The heroine of Wintersong doesn't fit the dorky mode, but it is a childhood friendship turned into romantic love. And the rest of the world thinks her a perfectly ordinary average person. I'm also sure there's more, but it's late and my memory went to sleep without the rest of me. :)

message 3: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 39 comments Jane Eyre, obviously, is the prototypical Plain Jane (Mr. Rochester isn't "hott" by the standards of the day, either, but he'll do).

I see you already have some Grace Draven and R. Lee Smith on your to-read list, so I'll also suggest Master of Crows and Cottonwood (though the latter is another where the physical attraction is delayed by the whole interspecies situation, so the hottness of the male lead may depend on your feelings about potato bugs...).

Maybe Riveted? That may be a stretch (it's been a few years since I read it), but the initial attraction is more of "Aw, she's nice and doesn't seem to mind my prosthetics" rather than "Look at how all eyes follow her when she enters a room. I must possess her!"

message 4: by Cee (new)

Cee (simplystrange) Have you read The Wall of Winnipeg and Me? This author is really good at writing the slow burn romances.

message 5: by CluckingBell (new)

CluckingBell | 39 comments Maybe also peruse some user shelves (which Goodreads now co-opts as "genres")?

For example:
Plain Jane
Goofy Heroine