The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2018 > 30.3 - Dlmrose's task: Listmaker

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Aug 20, 2018 10:46AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
30.3 - Dlmrose's task: Listmaker

October 30 is Checklist Day. The checklist is a simple and effective tool that can help improve performance.
Read one book for each of 2 different options.
Required: Indicate the options.

Option 1: Work On It- Read a book from 1001 Book You Must Read Before You Die
Required: State the page.

Option 2: Catch-up- Read a book from a series that you have already started, but have not yet caught up to the latest release. The book may NOT be the first (#1) or the latest book in the series. Whole numbers only. The series information must appear in the GR metadata.
Required: State the total number of books in the series.

Option 3: Success! Read a book from this list The People’s Library for Success
Required: State the page.

message 2: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 18264 comments Mod
reserved

message 3: by Dlmrose (new)

reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Erin (NY) (new)

Erin (NY) (erin_p) | 629 comments The word “each” in task description is messing me up. Just to clarify: we are supposed to pick 2 of the 3 options, and read 1 book for those 2? And they have to be different options, correct?
Thanks for clarification!

message 6: by Dlmrose (new)

Erin (NY) wrote: "The word “each” in task description is messing me up. Just to clarify: we are supposed to pick 2 of the 3 options, and read 1 book for those 2? And they have to be different options, correct?
Thank..."

correct

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3690 comments Am I correct in assuming that Winter of the World works for option 2 since it is the second book of a trilogy?
Thanks,
Andy

message 8: by Dlmrose (new)

Andy wrote: "Am I correct in assuming that Winter of the World works for option 2 since it is the second book of a trilogy?
Thanks,
Andy"

If you have read #1 already, then yes

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy Plonka (plonkaac) | 3690 comments Yes I have read the first w

message 10: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (bluemoon286) | 1839 comments Can the first book be read during this season or must it be prior to?

Thanks

message 11: by Dlmrose (new)

Bluemoon wrote: "Can the first book be read during this season or must it be prior to?

Thanks"

Prior is preferred, but this season is fine as long as #1 is read before option 2 is begun

message 12: by Charlston (new)

Charlston Goch (list_addict) | 150 comments Sorry to be daft, but can I clarify for option two that it can be any continuing book in a series you’ve started, not necessarily the latest release? Thanks and sorry to be a pain!

message 13: by Dlmrose (new)

Charlston wrote: "Sorry to be daft, but can I clarify for option two that it can be any continuing book in a series you’ve started, not necessarily the latest release? Thanks and sorry to be a pain!"

Yes, but it can't be the latest published or a fill-in (novella, short story, etc)

message 14: by Charlston (new)

Charlston Goch (list_addict) | 150 comments Thanks xx

message 15: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) For book 2, I’m reading Flavia de Luce #9. #10 is listed in Goodreads (the ARC is out and the book has ratings) but the publish date is in 2019. Can I count it? Thanks.

message 16: by Dlmrose (new)

Pam wrote: "For book 2, I’m reading Flavia de Luce #9. #10 is listed in Goodreads (the ARC is out and the book has ratings) but the publish date is in 2019. Can I count it? Thanks."

The Golden Tresses of the Dead is not yet published.
The Grave's a Fine and Private Place is the last published and doesn't work for this task.

message 17: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) Thanks! That’s what I figured. I have 2 other series I can consider reading.

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula S (paula_s) | 544 comments Dlmrose wrote: "Bluemoon wrote: "Can the first book be read during this season or must it be prior to?

Thanks"

Prior is preferred, but this season is fine as long as #1 is read before option 2 is begun"

I'm confused. I started reading a series this month, and I have been reading the books in order. Can I or can't I use one of the later books in the series for this task?

message 19: by Dlmrose (new)

Paula wrote: "Dlmrose wrote: "Bluemoon wrote: "Can the first book be read during this season or must it be prior to?

Thanks"

Prior is preferred, but this season is fine as long as #1 is read before option 2 i..."

As long as it is NOT be the first (#1) or the latest book in the series it could work