What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Tale of the Restless House (Are You Afraid of the Dark?, #3)
This topic is about The Tale of the Restless House
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's/YA- A house that traps some kids and does not let them leave. The windows open but they lead to a time period/ era that is historical and not the children'a actual present. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abi (last edited Aug 20, 2018 05:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi | 3 comments Does anyone remember reading a book about a few friends going into this house- one of the characters is named Kendra. The house traps them in and there is no way of geeting out through the front door. They open try windows and doors of the other rooms and the children soon realise that the house leads them to other time periods and not their own time period. A window leads them down to a field where soldiers start shooting at them thinking that they are enemies. They figure out that this house has stood through time and they are never going to get out of the other doors or windows and that the only way to survive is to stay inside. But if they don't find a way out they'll eventually starve to death. They manage to get out somehow but I don't remember how.

I was around 12 when I read this- or probably even younger. This must have been about 13 years agao. I'm so annoyed that I can't remember and would appreciate anyones help. This is not a childs book more like a teens book.

Cheers

message 2: by Abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi | 3 comments Also the house is capable of repairing itself. Almost like it lives so breaking windows and such about an hour later the house repairs itself. Also a saber tooth tiger gets in and eventually gets blind.

message 4: by Abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi | 3 comments Oh my god! Yes it is the exact cover as well! Thank you a million

message 5: by Eva (new)

Eva (evazhang) | 27 comments Since this is solved, can you shelve it into the solved section?

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5232 comments You can do it, Eva: click "edit" to the right of your header, move this from the Unsolved folder to the Solved: Children's/YA folder, and mark this topic as "about" The Tale of the Restless House.

message 7: by Eva (new)

Eva (evazhang) | 27 comments I don't see the button. I thought only the creator of the post could move it.

message 8: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5232 comments Sorry, I thought you were the OP.