I Read Comic Books discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

I'm a cat-astrophe | 4 comments I've wanted to start reading Deadpool for a while now, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. So, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what order I should read them in, or at least which one to start with?

I'd really appreciate the help! ^^

message 2: by Chad (new)

Chad | 828 comments I'd start with Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan's run. It's really the only one you need to read. Before this Deadpool just kind of operated in his own little bubble where nothing of consequence happened and he was just the Bugs Bunny of the Marvel universe. Gerry Duggan is still writing the book now so you can just keep reading it until you're current. Their run has been collected in a couple of different formats depending on how many issues you want collected at one time.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/9717...
https://www.goodreads.com/series/171543

I'm a cat-astrophe | 4 comments I'll start with these then. Thank you so much!! ^w^

message 4: by Chad (new)

Chad | 828 comments I forgot to mention that if you have Marvel Unlimited, all of these issues are there as well.

I'm a cat-astrophe | 4 comments I don't, but thanks for letting me know ^^

message 6: by Chad (new)

Chad | 828 comments You should look into it if you read a lot of Marvel. For $5 a month you get access to thousands of comics. The new stuff lags about 6 months or so, but it's a fantastic deal for going back and reading older comics.

I'm a cat-astrophe | 4 comments I used to read a lot of Marvel comics years ago, but I stopped for whatever reason. Maybe after I read Deadpool I'll get back into reading it more. I'll definitely look into getting Marvel Unlimited if I do, cause $5 a month seems like a really good deal for all those comics.

message 8: by Mike, Host & Producer of IRCB! (new)

Mike Rapin (mikerapin) | 641 comments Mod
I always recommend the whole Cable & Deadpool series (start here: Cable & Deadpool, Volume 1: If Looks Could Kill) followed by Daniel Way's run on Deadpool (start here: Deadpool, Volume 1: Secret Invasion).

Looks like the Daniel Way run is all on comiXology Unlimited, if you have that!