Start by marking “Night of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #1)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #1)

Night of the Living Deadpool

(The Living Deadpool #1)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  2,509 Ratings  ·  220 Reviews
Deadpool awakes from a food coma to find...the zombie apocalypse has occurred! Now, can the Merc with a mouth avoid becoming the Merc in their mouths?! Thrill to the sight of a hideous, rotting-fleshed monster shambling about the landscape...and don't forget all the zombies that he's fighting! (Get it? That first one referred to Deadpool. Who says zombie horror comics can' ...more
Published June 24th 2014 by Marvel (first published May 20th 2014)

Anne
Is this a slice of awesome?
Eh. I don't know about that, but it is exactly what it's advertised to be.
Deadpool vs Zombies!

description

And for what it is, it isn't bad.

Now, if you (like me) are a tad burned out on the zombie genre, this isn't going to reignite your love of The Walking Dead. The good news is that it's also not the worst thing you'll read about them, either. It's basically just a tongue-in-cheek tale about the zombie apocalypse featuring everyone's favorite psychotic Canadian.

Like most Deadpoo
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“The world will end . . . not with a bang but with a whimper. The painful truth of the matter is a little different, though, ain’t it? Because the fact of the matter is that the world keeps on keeping on. We just ain’t in charge any more.”

Chicago commercial photographers

Yep, that definitely seems to be the case for the old Merc with the Mouth when he wakes up from one seriously wicked food coma . . .

Chicago commercial photographers

Turns out while he was sleeping it off, the entire world was ov
Jeff
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix
“When a 9mm rings, an angel gets his wings.”

Show of hands. Who can’t wait for zombiemania to bite the dust? That’s what I thought. In the meantime, let’s bring out Mr. Meta Humor himself, the Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool and run him through his paces during a zombie apocalypse.

Credit Cullen Bunn and Ramon Rosanas for making this work as well as it does. Deadpool has woken up from a food coma after binging on Mexican food and finds that he’s the only hero (work with me here) left. Bunn musters j
Carlos De Eguiluz
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Decidí volver a leer sobre Deadpool porque, vamos, es Deadpool; y esta vez no solo superó mis expectativas, sino que lo hizo y con creces. Deadpool es un personaje brillante, gracioso y muy bien desarrollado, cualidad que me parece perfecta cuando hablamos de calidad en lo que respecta a su área.

En esta ocasión, nuestro querido Wade Wilson despierta de un coma inducido por una chimichanga para descubrir que el mundo ha cambiado radicalmente, y bueno, que todo se fue al demonio. Rodeado de zombi
aria [dear darling reader]
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
THIS WAS A WEIRD READ but I really enjoyed it.

I know who Deadpool is and the reputation he has. But I've never read anything from him. I picked this one up because it sounded weird and it was Deadpool so... Why the fuck not right?

The title itself sounded a lot like a tribute to all the zombie stuff we've all been eating up recently. And true enough, this is what this was.

WHAT I LIKED:

✔ The illustrations looked really cool. The black and white and reds worked really well with the story.

✔ I rea
Sam Quixote
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Deadpool wakes up from a chimichanga-induced food coma to discover the zombie apocalypse has happened – and he’s the only surviving superhero! Where will Deadpool get his junk food and beer from now? Oh and of course how will he save humanity etc. …

Deadpool in a zombie movie is pretty much all you need to know about this book – it gives you everything you’d expect from the premise. There’s plenty of Deadpool cutting down zombies while making jokes. But Cullen Bunn does throw in some neat details
Dimitris
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
What could possibly go wrong when you combine deadpool and zombies?Well...everything!
Gavin
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

At first, I thought this was about the walk of whore-ers...so I wondered why we had a whole theme of reading about Lono's Wednesday afternoons...then I realized it meant SCARY Stuff (Then again, I've seen some of those Whores...yikes! and Lono's balls? it's like Emperor Palpatine's neck in Jedi!). But I digress...

Anyhow, this is a short, fun, funny, and only conceptually scary book. It's about zombies, so I know it counts. Also, it's a tribute to the Romero films and enjoyable. I LOVE the colou
Sesana
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Deadpool meets zombies. Inevitable, considering Deadpool's current status as Marvel's trendy, gimmicky character of the moment. I'm not saying that he isn't fun, but Deadpool is quickly becoming the new Wolverine, everywhere that Marvel can vaguely justify putting him. It's only because Bunn takes the concept seriously (as much as you can take any Deadpool concept seriously) that this book is actually worth reading. If it had been almost any other writer, I might have skipped this book, but Bunn ...more
Mike
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
This ain't yer annoying Duggan/Poehsn Deadpool. Still quippy, but not like you want to stab him in the throat until the only jokes he's making are blood bubbles.

Almost no reference to forgettable pop culture - in fact, the only "pop" culture I saw was Betty & Veronica, and I was pleased.

A quickie take, fun and not bad, and forgotten nearly a quickly as cotton candy.
Mariℓina
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four installments, for an ambitious story that starts relatively slow but later on becomes an avalanche of broken limbs and severed heads and takes you with it. In true Deadpool fashion, the mix between His Royally Screwed Up Self and zombies turns easily into sear madness, in the best way possible.

MISCHELENIOUS THOUGHTS AND HIGHLIGHTS ✎

♛ The artwork is awesome.
♛ The Return of the Living Deadpool is also great.
Lena
Mar 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed it because it's Deadpool but I don't know if comics are a thing for me.
Selin
Sevgili Deadpool,

Bu seferkini hiç sevemedim. Sorun sende değil; ama bende de değil. Hikâye çok zayıf, Türkçe çevirisiyse hikâyeden de zayıf.

Hiç olmamış bu.
L. McCoy
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Deadpool and/or really dark horror comics.
Oh boy, this is a great story! I should definitely review this!

What’s it about?
Deadpool wakes up from a food coma and the world has pretty much gone to s***. Zombies have taken over but to make it particularly f***ed up, the zombies know what they’re doing and don’t want to eat people, they just can’t stop it! Now the last hope the world has is sadly Deadpool.

Why it gets 5 stars:
The story is a very interesting and unique take on the zombie idea.
The art is fantastic!
The characters are pretty inte
Katie
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
I really liked this. It was intriguing and hilarious. I also really enjoyed that the art was all in black, white and red. I picked this up per my brothers recommendation. He reads A LOT of Deadpool and said that this was one of his favorites. I didn't love it as much as he did, but it's still Deadpool and is therefore awesome.
Bhavik (Semi Hiatus)
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
BR with : Anne

An apocalyptic take on Deadpool where Deadpool was busy eating all you can eat chimichangas and dozed off only to wake few days later to find himself surrounded by zombies.
just another weird take on zombie with really nice illustrations and usual gory stuff and trash-mouth of his with nice action scenes.

Jim
Oct 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Watch out Zombies..here comes Deadpool!!
Michael
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Deadpool is a Marvel Comics mutant anti-hero best known for his dark humour (he is sometimes referred to as “Merc with a mouth”) and breaking the fourth wall in his comic. He is a mentally unstable mercenary, weapons expert and has regenerative healing abilities. The perfect hero to put into a zombie apocalypse and in Night of the Living Deadpool this is what happens.

The series begins with a nod to The Walking Dead, which is a homage to that classic opening scene in The Day of the Triffids. Dead
Sr3yas
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Apparently regenerative healing factor can do anything *sigh*
Jonathan Maas
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Note - review of series as a whole

My intro into the world of Deadpool - and wow - it was a fun one:)
Macarena Yannelli
Fue divertido, un cómic corto y entretenido. Soy fan del trabajo de Cullen Bunn y el editor Jordan White, voy a leer la segunda parte pero no creo que lea otro zombie au porque no es lo que más me gusta.
Claire
Sep 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-marvel
I really can't stand zombie gags, but this one really isn't that bad. Fairly good, actually.
Anna
Feb 24, 2017 rated it liked it
The zombies were cool but the humour was underwhelming.
Kayıp Rıhtım
Deadpool Yaşayan Ölülerin Gecesi bugüne dek çıkmış tüm zombi külliyatının ortak yönlerini tek bir potada eriten, hepsine şapka çıkaran ama üstüne bol miktarda Deadpool sosu döken bir çizgi-roman.

Her şey geveze paralı askerimizin “Yiyebildiğin kadar Chimichanga” gününde ipin ucunu kaçırması ve mide fesadı geçirerek komalık olmasıyla başlıyor. Birkaç gün sonra (!) kendisine geldiğinde tüm şehri terk edilmiş olarak buluyor.

Tam bu noktada zombilerden birkaçıyla karşılaşıyor ve çekiyor kılıçları. Am
Kate
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kate by: Tiger
I bought this for the library after one of my coworkers asked for some Deadpool comics. I had enjoyed Hawkeye vs. Deadpool and I liked the zombie aspect. There were a lot of nods to The Walking Dead in this: Deadpool awakens sometime after the zombie apocalypse starts, only instead of being in a coma like Rick, he's in a food coma after binge-eating chimichangas. The zombies are super polite and say they don't really want to be eating you as they start devouring you. Luckily for Deadpool, he's k ...more
Unai
Apr 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Pues hay que echarse una parodia zombie de vez en cuando a los ojos y para parodias y bocas, nada mejor que el mercenario bocazas en persona. El apocalípsis zombie se ha desatado en los que Deadpool tardaba en echarse una siesta de varios para hacer la digestión de chimichangas (sean lo que cojones sean).
El mundo esta lleno de zombies y de blanco y negro, siendo Deadpool la única nota de color y el único "superhéroe" vivo. Echando la vista atras, las señales de lo que estaba ocurriendo estaban p
M. Ihsan Tatari
Eh... İlginçti, ama beklediğim kadar iyi değildi. Özellikle de bu maceranın ününü düşündüğümde... Deadpool hariç her şeyin siyah beyaz olması çizgi romana apayrı bir hava katmış, zombilerin ise akıl kırıntılarını koruyabilmeleri ve anti-kahramanımızın kendilerini öldürmesi için yalvarmaları ise acayip karanlık bir atmosfer yaratmış.

Gelgelelim Deadpool'un dördüncü duvarı yıkamaması, kahramanlığa biraz fazla soyunması ve her zamanki şakalarının aksine hareketlerinin felaketi durdurmaya yönelik olm
Callie Rose Tyler
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read as separate issues

Very entertaining with tons of great zombie pop culture references and lots of Deadpool humor!

"He thought it was going to be lots of fun - like that movie with the zombies in it. Instead, it turned out to be really depressing - like that TV show with the zombies in it."

Sara (sarajanereads)
Jul 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
If there's ever a zombie apocalypse i think i know who I want on my team!
This was a lot of fun, it was my first deadpool comic but i knew enough about his past to not be too confused with his abilities and personality. Deadpool has a very dark humour which i love, and i found myself laughing out loud at some of the dialogue in this. Will definitely be picking up more deadpool soon!
Aslı Dağlı
  • Afterlife with Archie, Vol. 1: Escape from Riverdale
  • Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2: Angela
  • iZombie, Vol. 3: Six Feet Under and Rising
  • Deadpool vs. X-Force
  • Thor, Volume 2: Who Holds the Hammer?
  • Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness
  • Samurai Jack, Vol. 1
Cullen grew up in rural North Carolina, but now lives in the St. Louis area with his wife Cindy and his son Jackson. His noir/horror comic (and first collaboration with Brian Hurtt), The Damned, was published in 2007 by Oni Press. The follow-up, The Damned: Prodigal Sons, was released in 2008. In addition to The Sixth Gun, his current projects include Crooked Hills, a middle reader horror prose se ...more

The Living Deadpool (2 books)
  • Return of the Living Deadpool (The Living Deadpool, #2)